Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Crazy Canuck

Thread: Snowblower (and electric lift) questions for X570

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-27-2019 @ 10:57 AM
    Thanks

Snowblower (and electric lift) questions for X570

Hello all. I am new to the forum but have been lurking for a while. I bought myself an X570 last spring when my Box Store JD quit. My yard is quite sloped and I needed a unit with a bigger rear end and I figured the K72 would fit the bill. I also bout a 44" blower for it this fall and have been using the pedal to lift it up and down (maybe should have went to the X590 but hindsight is 20/20).

I was hoping that someone would be able to help me with a couple of questions:

1. Right now, my blower seems to float up a bit on the right side. No amount of adjusting the two rods on either side that attach to the mid hitch seem to help this. I am wondering if I am missing something?

2. I am looking at the electric lift kit. My driveway has a few hills and crests where I would need to blower to float up and down. The electric lifts says you can apply downforce which may be nice in some situations but I was wondering if you could just leave it in a neutral position as well so I wouldn't have to me constantly adjusting it. Without this ability, I would probably just stick to manual.

Great forum. I do a lot of work on my toys and whatnot myself so am looking forward to being able to contribute as well.

Thanks in advance for the help and sorry for the long-winded post.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:35 PM
    Thanks
    What is your deck height set at. May sound like a stupid question but have to ask. I also have the same tractor with blower and love it but wish I hand the hydraulic or electric lift. May trade up to an X580 or X590

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    08-27-2019 @ 10:57 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply. My deck height is at the lowest setting. It is really only the right side of the blower that tends to float up. The left side stays to the terrain quite well. I am at a bit of a loss. If I could do it over again, I would probably have been in a 580 or 590. Doubt I could swing that with the wife now as this is brand new.
    Rcook99 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:02 AM
    Thanks
    I had an electric lift kit on my GT18 which lasted over 30 years. It lifted front and rear on that machine. Today with my 580 I have front, mid, and rear lift on top of the power steering and can't say enough good about that. However, the electric lift on that old Craftsman worked just as good and if that's what I needed then that's what I would get.

Get the JD electric lift kit for the tractor if you can, you'll never look back.
    JD X738
    48" deck, 3pt hitch, 54" blade w/ full hydraulics, quick attach
    48" York rake, 56" box blade, mid row buster, dethatcher, aerator, 900lb roller
    Various Heavy Hitch adapters, ball hitch, hook, 2" sleeve hitch, etc..
    3200lb. hitch mounted winch
    Polar 1700 3/4 ton cart with side rails
    Power King 5" 15HP towable chipper

Kubota G2000S w/ 4w steering, hydraulics, 60" deck

Vietnam Veteran

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements