• 1 Post By NotYourGrandfathersDeere
  • 1 Post By Mike b

Thread: x300 rio bypas

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-04-2019 @ 11:06 AM
    Thanks

x300 rio bypas

On my x300 the deck will not engage. I replaced the rio switch ,key switch,and ecu.Still no work tested all safety switches. I direct wired the clutch and it worked. So can I just direct wire it with a on off switch with out hurting anything until I find the wiring problem

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike b View Post
    On my x300 the deck will not engage. I replaced the rio switch ,key switch,and ecu.Still no work tested all safety switches. I direct wired the clutch and it worked. So can I just direct wire it with a on off switch with out hurting anything until I find the wiring problem
    I don't see where you replaced the pto switch itself. Also the brake switch is in play. The pto will not engage if it thinks the brake is on.
    Yes.. You can direct wire the clutch. Yes it may hurt something. It draws a good amount of current. The pto clutch is nothing more than an electromagnet. So when you engage and disengage the clutch you get a moment of reverse polarity that back feeds the electrical system. That's why there is a diode in the loop. Without a diode and or relay you are risking a huge problem. That's all I know.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to xcopterdoc For This Useful Post:

Mike b (02-07-2019)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xcopterdoc View Post
    I don't see where you replaced the pto switch itself. Also the brake switch is in play. The pto will not engage if it thinks the brake is on.
    Yes.. You can direct wire the clutch. Yes it may hurt something. It draws a good amount of current. The pto clutch is nothing more than an electromagnet. So when you engage and disengage the clutch you get a moment of reverse polarity that back feeds the electrical system. That's why there is a diode in the loop. Without a diode and or relay you are risking a huge problem. That's all I know.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    yes I have replaced the pto switch.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:47 PM
    Thanks

jd x300 electrical schematics

Hi, I was interested in your problem so I looked for a schematic for your machine. See if there is something here that might help you. john deere x300 electrical schematic - Google Search I have a similar machine, albeit over 20 years old. I generally start at the battery and work my way to the electrical clutch. My problem turned out to be a faulty seat switch (someone had to be on the seat to complete the circuit). Good Luck
    Last edited by NotYourGrandfathersDeere; 02-07-2019 at 12:47 PM.
    darkrt likes this.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NotYourGrandfathersDeere For This Useful Post:

Mike b (02-14-2019)

9. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks

found problem

Started to work on this again spring coming.Fially found problem.The brake switch was not working properly.Would push in and not release .So would start but pto would not engage.Pulled it and worked it lose. All is now fine .Thanks to all
    xcopterdoc likes this.

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Thanks
    Started to work on this again spring coming.Fially found problem.The brake switch was not working properly.Would push in and not release .So would start but pto would not engage.Pulled it and worked it lose. All is now fine .Thanks to all
    Glad you got it going. Thanks for checking back in with the fix.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements