So I've had a sporadic failure to start situation on my x758 since last fall. I posted about it in the thread below thinking that it might be related to the Noco battery tender I hooked up to it just before it started having issues:
Deere x758 failure to start with Noco battery tender
Turns out it was related but the issue wasn't with the Noco stuff, it was due to the installation and a failure of Deere's cable. Apparently the negative battery cable began coming apart at the time I removed the connection to remove the prior battery tender pigtail and add the Noco setup. It had the no-start issue various times (maybe 3-5 since Oct) but always resolved itself pretty much right away so I never had a way to dig into it further. This time when I went out to start it on Sunday it did the same thing but then was totally dead after that. Nothing lit up on the dash after the first attempt to start. I checked all the fuses and then started on the battery to check connections. As I was removing the negative cable to clean things and re-tighten the cable just pulled out of the terminal/clamp. Deere uses a clamp that just seems to friction fit the clamp onto the cable strands somehow. The cable pulled right out and I could look inside the clamp and see where it had been pushed into the clamp. I'm thinking maybe they made the cables by heating the cable and pushing it into the soft lead clamp or something. Anyway, I was able to force the cable strands back into the clamp and then pinch it on with a big channel lock pliers. That got me a workaround so it starts again. I will probably get a new terminal/clamp eventually, but if this stays put I might just leave it.
Sorry for no pics. It was cold out and I just wanted to get the driveway blown out so I didn't take time to document things.
Anyway, just throwing this out there because it isn't really something that seemed like a common failure vector. I know bad/loose connections are common but you just don't expect a battery cable on a 2+ year old vehicle to fall apart. I did see signs of the issue when I started looking at things because there was bar wire showing between the clamp and the wire sheathing. Something you can probably look for if you want to see if this is affecting your Deere tractor.