X590 trade in value?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: X590 trade in value?

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Online
    09-13-2019 @ 04:00 PM
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    X590 trade in value?

    Hi everybody, new to posting but have been reading lots of posts and have finally needed to ask a question. I recently moved to a larger property (3 acres) and have found that my x590 is having a little trouble keeping up mowing with the hills and especially in the winters with the snowblower and a long hilly driveway (I live in MN). So I am looking at trading it in towards a x738. If I would have known I was going to move I would have just bought the 738 to begin with but... So the dealer gave me some numbers and I wanted to run them by you guys to see what you thought. If it's out of line to ask about prices I apologize and please remove this post.
    x738 10,431.02
    54" deck 1570.72
    47" snowblower and hook ups 3925.86
    click n go brackets 143.33
    mulch control 241.86
    rear click n go weight bracket 187.21
    about 16,500 total.
    They're offering me 7300 trade in value in my 590 which includes machine with 60 hours on it, 54" deck with mulch control, powerflow, 7 bu bagger, and an almost new 47" snowblower (new because it was warranted, the original one kept snapping belts). To me that's not a terrible number considering I got a pretty good deal on it to begin with and know I'm going to take a hit on it anyway. The dealer seems to think I can get around 9000 selling it privately but I'm not too sure on that number, maybe he just is trying to nicely say he isn't interested in taking it in on trade? Thanks
    goat704! and JD4044M like this.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:54 PM
    Location
    Sudbury
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RNRatched View Post
    Hi everybody, new to posting but have been reading lots of posts and have finally needed to ask a question. I recently moved to a larger property (3 acres) and have found that my x590 is having a little trouble keeping up mowing with the hills and especially in the winters with the snowblower and a long hilly driveway (I live in MN). So I am looking at trading it in towards a x738. If I would have known I was going to move I would have just bought the 738 to begin with but... So the dealer gave me some numbers and I wanted to run them by you guys to see what you thought. If it's out of line to ask about prices I apologize and please remove this post.
    x738 10,431.02
    54" deck 1570.72
    47" snowblower and hook ups 3925.86
    click n go brackets 143.33
    mulch control 241.86
    rear click n go weight bracket 187.21
    about 16,500 total.
    They're offering me 7300 trade in value in my 590 which includes machine with 60 hours on it, 54" deck with mulch control, powerflow, 7 bu bagger, and an almost new 47" snowblower (new because it was warranted, the original one kept snapping belts). To me that's not a terrible number considering I got a pretty good deal on it to begin with and know I'm going to take a hit on it anyway. The dealer seems to think I can get around 9000 selling it privately but I'm not too sure on that number, maybe he just is trying to nicely say he isn't interested in taking it in on trade? Thanks
    Seems like fair trade in value and good advice from the dealer.

    As noted from other people on the forum, the 47 in snow blower on the x7 isn’t much a upgrade compared to the 47in belt driver blower you already have. The belt driven version throws snow further, and easier to maintain. No chains to adjust, no chain oil to spray, quieter due to the gear box in oil bath. In many ways the belt driven version is cheaper but superior. I used the belt driven version for 4 years, then switched to the pto driven version on 1025r for 2 seasons. The only possible benefit is the heavier duty version allows you to use stronger shear bolts, you might not need to replace shear bolt as often.

    My opinion, You are not gaining anything in this trade other than traction. But the x590 already have great traction. Your mowing time will be similar, since you are getting the same width deck, your actually lose some snow blowing performance if throwing distance is important to you.

    but hey, it is your money, if it makes you happy the. do it. But I feel you might be disappointed after spending another 8k, not realizing much benefit.



















    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Top | #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:51 PM
    Location
    South Eastern, Connecticut
    Posts
    372
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 48 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matractor View Post
    Seems like fair trade in value and good advice from the dealer.

    As noted from other people on the forum, the 47 in snow blower on the x7 isn’t much a upgrade compared to the 47in belt driver blower you already have. The belt driven version throws snow further, and easier to maintain. No chains to adjust, no chain oil to spray, quieter due to the gear box in oil bath. In many ways the belt driven version is cheaper but superior. I used the belt driven version for 4 years, then switched to the pto driven version on 1025r for 2 seasons. The only possible benefit is the heavier duty version allows you to use stronger shear bolts, you might not need to replace shear bolt as often.

    My opinion, You are not gaining anything in this trade other than traction. But the x590 already have great traction. Your mowing time will be similar, since you are getting the same width deck, your actually lose some snow blowing performance if throwing distance is important to you.

    but hey, it is your money, if it makes you happy the. do it. But I feel you might be disappointed after spending another 8k, not realizing much benefit.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All things considered it sounds like you are getting a fair shake from the dealer. The AWD on the x738 is a pretty big step up from the x590. You will gain lots of extra traction and have a very stable machine but you aren't going to be gaining all that much in terms of engine power. Give the 1 series machines a close look before you get the x7. Don't get me wrong I love my x738 and its a great machine, but if you think the x590 is underpowered the x738 may not provide as big a step up as you are looking for.

    Personally I would add the 3 point hitch on the x738. Once you have it you will find all kinds of ways to use it. Being able to lift and carry with the rear of the machine is just really handy. Not as handy as a front end loader but its better than a stick in the eye.

    As for the chain drive on the snow blower JD may have gone to a gear case to drive the 47" and 54" blowers as discussed in this thread.
    farmgirl19, JD4044M and DanW like this.
    X738, 54HC deck w/ auto connect, 3PH
    Woods GBC48 box scraper
    Day dreaming of a 54" snow blower

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    BOBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Location
    Boston north east
    Posts
    233
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RNRatched View Post
    Hi everybody, new to posting but have been reading lots of posts and have finally needed to ask a question. I recently moved to a larger property (3 acres) and have found that my x590 is having a little trouble keeping up mowing with the hills and especially in the winters with the snowblower and a long hilly driveway (I live in MN). So I am looking at trading it in towards a x738. If I would have known I was going to move I would have just bought the 738 to begin with but... So the dealer gave me some numbers and I wanted to run them by you guys to see what you thought. If it's out of line to ask about prices I apologize and please remove this post.
    x738 10,431.02
    54" deck 1570.72
    47" snowblower and hook ups 3925.86
    click n go brackets 143.33
    mulch control 241.86
    rear click n go weight bracket 187.21
    about 16,500 total.
    They're offering me 7300 trade in value in my 590 which includes machine with 60 hours on it, 54" deck with mulch control, powerflow, 7 bu bagger, and an almost new 47" snowblower (new because it was warranted, the original one kept snapping belts). To me that's not a terrible number considering I got a pretty good deal on it to begin with and know I'm going to take a hit on it anyway. The dealer seems to think I can get around 9000 selling it privately but I'm not too sure on that number, maybe he just is trying to nicely say he isn't interested in taking it in on trade? Thanks
    This is the same thing I ran into last month with my dealer here in the northeast. They don't want trades even though they'll tell you they do. My dealer eventually came right out and told me that they didn't want trades, and that was a question I asked when I bought the tractor last spring. The reply? You guessed it. "We'll be happy to help you upgrade with the trade if and when the time comes.

    $7300 for your package? Sell it outright, pay off the bill if there is one, and start over. Too bad you waited though because the 0% financing is gone.
    JD4044M likes this.
    JD X738
    48" deck, 3pt hitch, 54" blade w/ full hydraulics, quick attach
    48" York rake, 56" box blade, mid row buster, dethatcher, aerator, 900lb roller
    Various Heavy Hitch adapters, ball hitch, hook, 2" sleeve hitch, etc..
    3200lb. hitch mounted winch
    Polar 1700 3/4 ton cart with side rails
    Power King 5" 15HP towable chipper

    Kubota G2000S w/ 4w steering, hydraulics, 60" deck

    Vietnam Veteran

  7. Top | #5
    mike01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:34 PM
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,251
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 158 Times in 104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBL View Post
    $7300 for your package? Sell it outright, pay off the bill if there is one, and start over. Too bad you waited though because the 0% financing is gone.
    How is it gone? It's still on the website. They seem to always have that offer. They've had it continuously for the last three years.

    That does sound like a good trade in. You probably can get more if you sell it privately, so if that's worth the hassle, that would be a better bet.

    The 4WD X7xx machines are a huge step up from an X590. I have an X590, and I had an X758 before (and will have one again this spring, I will be trading, same as you). The difference for snow is night and day.
    KDNitz, JD4044M and DanW like this.
    2019 X758, 54" Autoconnect deck
    2018 2032R, 220R Loader, dual rear SCV, hydraulic top link, SB1164 Snow Blower, RC2072 rotary cutter, BB5048L box blade, 42" Titan forks, BB2060L back blade

    Owned in the past:
    X570, X758 (2015), 1025R, X590

  8. Top | #6
    goat704!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Online
    07-02-2019 @ 08:40 AM
    Location
    South Saint Paul,Mn.
    Posts
    423
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 54 Times in 39 Posts
    Did you spend any time researching the 1 series? I would think that 16500.00 you got quoted would get you into a 1023 with loader, mower, and snowblower or pretty darn close. This would open up a whole new world of options to you with 3 point accessories. The general rule here is figure what you need and get one series bigger. Just a thought.

    Welcome from MN
    2017 2032R - 220r FEL, 72" mmm,Frontier 2084 blade ,JD 670 tiller, frontier 48" pallet forks, allied 2060 snowblower,JD 513 brush hog, EA 55" grapple,Frontier 2060 box blade, Farmi 351p logging winch
    LX 186 - 48" deck, 38" snowblower
    F 510
    GTX 38
    Cub Cadet GTX 1054
    2011 825i Gator

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to goat704! For This Useful Post:

    Franked (03-05-2019)

  10. Top | #7
    Gebada22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Online
    08-29-2019 @ 12:15 PM
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    317
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 35 Times in 29 Posts
    Does not seem out of bounds for a trade-in. This is just normal Dealer business, wholesale and retail its not black magic. Yes you can sell outright and likely make more, but that obviously has an effort which you need to consider and place a value to. I did not see you mention the sales tax benefit of the trade-in for this scenario and of course it depends by state. In many states you would avoid 6% sales tax (or whatever your state rate is) on the trade-in value. Again every state is different, however, if you are in a 6% state with a trade credit you would save roughly $450 if you buy new. Their offers are nothing but a good starting point to negotiate. All they can say is no.
    John Deere 2011 2320, 200CX FEL, JD 46 BH, IMatch, RC1048, Countryline 6' Back Blade, Countryline 5' Rototiller, Ken's Bolt on Hooks, JD Ballast Box, Artillian Pallet forks, Grapple and Diverter, Bro-Tek Wheel Spacers, ROPS Warning Flag, Millcreek 63" Aerator, JD 21 Utility Trailer, 6ft Brillion Cultipacker.
    John Deere 2004 325
    John Deere 2017 X590

  11. Top | #8

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 10:49 PM
    Location
    State of Denial
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Not many folks can come up with 9K for the x590, it is a great machine and worth every dollar but unless you want to be in the business of taking payments (not likely) the dealership is the real option. I will also second you take a look at the 1 series, it will already have a PTO, 3pt and be in the same price range. Take a hard look and think about future projects and you may find in the long term the larger machine was the better option. Good luck with whatever way you go, you can't lose on either.... now I just need your issue of being able to choose.

  12. Top | #9

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:45 AM
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,267
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 174 Times in 161 Posts
    If you are going to do a private sale, March and April is the time to do it. Folks have their tax money back and this is the time of year people look for lawn and garden tractors. Your low hour machine would be a nice acquisition. There are folks out there that will pay cash for your tractor but you need to make it enough of a deal to undercut what a dealer is selling for new with a warranty and 0% financing. A couple of years ago my buddy had to sell his 1023 because he was moving out of state and he was able to get it sold in 2-3 weeks for somewhere around 11-12k cash. So folks are out there.

    I would consider a 1 series if you are looking for a more capable machine. The X7 series is great but as others have said you may not notice the upgrade unless you get the AWD version. Just be advised the 1 series is more tractor than mower so if mowing is a priority then maybe the X7 is the better deal. I owned a 2210 for just one acre so I think you are in the ball park with 3 acres to use a 1 series. The fastest way to mow though is with a ZTR.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

  13. Top | #10

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Last Online
    09-11-2019 @ 06:49 PM
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    105
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Trade in price is about right, and you might get lucky and sell right away, but has others have noted with sales tax advantage you’d have to sell X590 for close to 8 grand.

    Not sure how bad your hills are, but after tax you are looking at close to 10 grand hit for basically increase in traction. As others have noted same size Mowing deck, same size snow blower, same size engine. If you are going to take the hit, you might think long and hard about a one series. The X738 is a great machine and the X7xx series are definitely the “Cadillac’s” of lawn mowers. But other than traction you aren’t getting much and maybe even less from a performance POV on Mowing and Snow blowing vis a vie the X590 . After this deal you don’t want to be back in same position a year from now trading in the X738 for a 1 or 2 series tractor or if you want to stay in 700 series, consider stepping up to X758, with 54 inch blower and 60 inch deck
    Last edited by Ilovegreen; 03-06-2019 at 09:46 AM.
    John Deere X590- 47 inch Snow blower

  14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Quick hitch trade in value.
    By icebike in forum Sub Compact Utility Tractors (SCUT)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-28-2014, 06:53 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-31-2013, 08:17 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2013, 06:34 PM
  4. NOS Front Quick Hitch for 318...Sale or Trade
    By Poncho65 in forum For Sale
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-31-2012, 07:19 PM
  5. Trade in question...
    By tackleberry1145 in forum Sub Compact Utility Tractors (SCUT)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-09-2011, 08:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •