Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Power Lift Kit for a x590 ?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-12-2019 @ 06:43 PM
    Thanks

Power Lift Kit for a x590 ?

I'm going to be in the market for a new tractor in the next few months. I live in Vt and we get slammed with snow so I want a good machine to snow blow. From what I understand the 590 doesn't have any down pressure which is a bummer. Down pressure comes in handy on my 318, I have a spacer in the mount and I can lift the front tires off the ground to scrape up packed snow. I see there is a Power Lift kit available for the 500 series that claims it will produce some down pressure and also hold its position for plows and blowers. Can I use this kit on a 590 or is it only for a 500 series without hydraulic lift ? Thanks guys. I may also check out Simplicity Prestige which is available in 4wd which I'm led to believe does have down pressure. I'd kinda like to stay with John Deere though. Thanks guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:10 PM
    Thanks
    You would have to step up to a x7xx series or the older 500/400 series (x585 x485 for example)
    Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    07-10-2019 @ 11:05 AM
    Thanks
    I have the X590 with 47 inch snow blower, live in upstate NY and really never have had any problems with no down pressure. The scraper on bottom of snow blower even scoops up packed snow. Did you have single stage thrower or two stage blower with your 318? If single stage, you’ll enjoy the benefits of 2 stage blower. The 500 series belt driven blower is in many ways superior to the PTO driven snow blower on 700 series. The belt driven blower has less maintenance and throws snow much further. Both the auger and impeller turns much faster on belt driven model
    superfan75 likes this.
    John Deere X590- 47 inch Snow blower

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    07-17-2019 @ 04:00 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan75 View Post
    I'm going to be in the market for a new tractor in the next few months. I live in Vt and we get slammed with snow so I want a good machine to snow blow. From what I understand the 590 doesn't have any down pressure which is a bummer. Down pressure comes in handy on my 318, I have a spacer in the mount and I can lift the front tires off the ground to scrape up packed snow. I see there is a Power Lift kit available for the 500 series that claims it will produce some down pressure and also hold its position for plows and blowers. Can I use this kit on a 590 or is it only for a 500 series without hydraulic lift ? Thanks guys. I may also check out Simplicity Prestige which is available in 4wd which I'm led to believe does have down pressure. I'd kinda like to stay with John Deere though. Thanks guys.
    Yes It will work On the X590 You Just won't Need you Mid Mount connecting Parts anymore Just Your front Hitch Piece will be all That is needed then with the electric lift Kit. Just Be advised it will raise and Lower a Little slower than your On Board Hydraulic lift
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Thanks
    I have no issues with not having down pressure on my 580. The integral power hitch and the front quick attach hitch work just fine without down pressure. No need for additional electric actuators. The 48" blade surprised me. Even with icing conditions the blade scraped right to the pavement, and when pushing dirt I was able I was able to take as much of a bite as needed.

One plus to the floating blade comes in when the banks start to get high. Lift the blade and push. The blade then floats up and pushed the top of the bank further back. This put and end to the ever narrowing driveways of days gone by.
    superfan75 likes this.
    JD X580
    JD 48" blade, JD 30 tiller, JD tractor mounted electric spreader, JD hydraulic sleeve hitch. 48" deck
    48" York rake, 56" box blade, mid row buster, dethatcher, aerator, 900lb roller
    Various Heavy Hitch adapters, ball hitch, hook, 2" sleeve hitch, etc..
    3200lb. hitch mounted winch
    Rear electrical junction box with external rear LED lighting
    Polar 1700 3/4 ton cart with side rails
    Power King 5" towable chipper

Vietnam Veteran

And a smile every time I sit in the seat.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:37 AM
    Thanks
    I wish I went with the X590 or 580 for power steering and hydraulic lift but couldn’t pass up the deal on the 570 with blower. Might have to buy the electric lift for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    superfan75 likes this.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Hey Thanx guys for all the replies !! I definitely knew the 590 with the 2 stage blower would throw snow way further than my 318 with a single stage. I wasn't sure about the blower cutting through some of the heavy packing snow we get sometimes. I really didn't want to spend the money on a 700 series to get the job done. My driveway is a pain and having a blower that can shoot the snow over the bank in one shot will make things a lot easier. It sounds like the 590 may get the job done just fine and if I really need down pressure still I could order that kit. The worst part is where the snow come off the house and garage roofs. It packs so hard that I've spent 2hrs with a pick ax trying to loosen it up. I hope to upgrade by next winter. The old 318 is a great machine and I will hate to see it go, but its starting to show its age. I can't see dumping a bunch of money into a 30 plus year old tractor. Thank you guys again for your insight into the newer machines which I really don't know much about or have any experience with.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    07-10-2019 @ 11:05 AM
    Thanks
    The packed snow won’t be as big an issue with 2 stage- single stage thrower is dependent on speed of tractor, two stage is independent of the speed of tractor. For instance at end of my driveway I get -3 sometimes 4 foot high pile of hard packed snow and ice left by county plows, the 2 stage blower just chews right thru it, I admittedly have to slow down going thru the higher harder packed stuff, but the 590 and 47 inch 2 stage will bring it right down to bare pavement without ramming or scraping the pile like you would have to do with single stage
    superfan75 likes this.
    John Deere X590- 47 inch Snow blower

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreen View Post
    The packed snow won’t be as big an issue with 2 stage- single stage thrower is dependent on speed of tractor, two stage is independent of the speed of tractor. For instance at end of my driveway I get -3 sometimes 4 foot high pile of hard packed snow and ice left by county plows, the 2 stage blower just chews right thru it, I admittedly have to slow down going thru the higher harder packed stuff, but the 590 and 47 inch 2 stage will bring it right down to bare pavement without ramming or scraping the pile like you would have to do with single stage

That's awesome !! That's exactly what I need !! I think the 590 will do just what I need it to without spending all the extra money on a 700 or a scut. Thank you everyone !!

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:34 AM
    Thanks
    After reading this thread I think I’m going to trade my 1026R are in for a X590. Sounds like it is a much better snow remover with it’s belt driven blower.
    Eric

2011 1026R / H120 / 60D auto-connect, independent-lift mmm / 54" snowblower / 4' KK Pro rotary mower / KK 4' tiller

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast