X390 Hyd Lift Issue

Thread: X390 Hyd Lift Issue

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 02:08 PM
    Thanks

X390 Hyd Lift Issue

Have a 3 year old X390 with hyd mower deck lift. Started leaking hydraulic oil yesterday and I found the cylinder was "rubbing" on the corner of the frame where it sits. This caused a real defined slit in the end of the cylinder and eventually cut deep enough into the weld that it is now leaking oil. Looking at the problem, I gotta believe it's an inherent issue with the design and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. A new cylinder is $350 but I'm waiting to hear if it's covered by warranty. 4 year bumper to bumper I believe. It's an easy enough fix though, clean and grind down the weld and repair it, however since there's only 175hrs on the mower, I think it should be replaced. I plan on grinding the edge of the frame down so it will no longer contact the cylinder along with a piece of rubber or something to insulate it. Either poor design or bad luck on my part, not sure. Anyone else?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GregX390 View Post
    Have a 3 year old X390 with hyd mower deck lift. Started leaking hydraulic oil yesterday and I found the cylinder was "rubbing" on the corner of the frame where it sits. This caused a real defined slit in the end of the cylinder and eventually cut deep enough into the weld that it is now leaking oil. Looking at the problem, I gotta believe it's an inherent issue with the design and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. A new cylinder is $350 but I'm waiting to hear if it's covered by warranty. 4 year bumper to bumper I believe. It's an easy enough fix though, clean and grind down the weld and repair it, however since there's only 175hrs on the mower, I think it should be replaced. I plan on grinding the edge of the frame down so it will no longer contact the cylinder along with a piece of rubber or something to insulate it. Either poor design or bad luck on my part, not sure. Anyone else?
    See what the dealer does. Deere May have an approved fix to prevent recurrence. It may not involve grinding the frame.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements