I picked up a used X495 with 650ish hours. I noticed it was scalping spots and cutting very low when at the same setting as the X300 series I used to have. On inspection, I found that:
- The deck did indeed measure lower than it should
- The deck wasn't level, with the left side lower than the the right
- The left side eyebolt (18 in the diagram) was welded to the yoke (16)
- Threads on the right-side eyebolt were pretty banged up though working
- Both were at or close to the upper-most end of the threads
Obviously to level this deck and to increase the height I need to replace the welded on. But with them at the top of the adjustment I don't think there's enough adjustment left to fix my problem.
So my questions are:
- What caused the damage?
- Why would these be at the end of their adjustment range with the deck still low?
- Do you think it'd work to thread both eyebolts (once I get a new one of course) further to give more adjustment?
I look forward to your wisdom!