K90 hydro vs K92
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: K90 hydro vs K92

  1. Top | #1
    Firewood Bandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Online
    07-12-2019 @ 01:26 PM
    Location
    West Central WI
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts

    K90 hydro vs K92

    I see JD changed hydros in the X758 to the K90. What is the difference from the K92 in the X748?
    JD 2305
    2018 JD X758
    Simplicity Conquest W/turbo bagger
    Iron & Oak commercial splitter W/ hydro 4 way and log lift
    Husqvarna 346 XP ported x2, 357XP x 2, 562XPG, 372XPG, 288XP ported, 395XP NIB,
    Jred 2159 ported
    Echo CS 355T, & pole saw
    F250 Super Duty CC 8' box and 10,000# 18' trailer

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    jgayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Location
    Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,231
    Thanks
    352
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 1,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firewood Bandit View Post
    I see JD changed hydros in the X758 to the K90. What is the difference from the K92 in the X748?
    This from Tuff Torque:

    "The K92 is basically the same as a K90 and K91. Differences are minor. Usually an oil pressure internally. Most parts for the K90 will swap with the K92. And they are visually the same."
    arlen, 69project, TJR345 and 2 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

  4. Top | #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Online
    07-10-2019 @ 03:42 AM
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd guess it(k90) had something to do with the newer hfwd vs older mfwd. Tractor data shows the older jd 4 series(425 445 455) used a k91. Tractor data says they went to the k92 with the start of the x485 thru to x7 ultimate..
    Theres also a k93 out there too. Here is a link to the kanzaki corp who makes them also the front axle info, tlots of different products and information.

    Transaxle K series|Hydraulic Equipments,Transmissions and Marine Gears|Products|Kanzaki Kokyukoki Mfg. Co., Ltd.
    1997 Sears GT 18.5hp"Kohler Magnum"
    SplitFire Plugs
    46" Deck
    Led tail lites
    Electric deck-hitch kit
    Sears grader blade
    Ag-Fab Spreaderare
    46" 2 stage SnowBlower 55w lites
    Weights and chain
    ------------------
    2005 JD X485 25hp(SOLD)
    ------------------
    2008 Echo-SRM230 Trimmer 22.8cc
    2010 Echo-PB500T Blower 50.8cc
    ------------------
    2007 JD X748SE*
    54" Edge Deck
    3 Point(Ruegg)Hitch Cat1
    54" 4way Blade
    Yanmar 3TNV76 1116cc 24hp
    JD 45 Loader
    Heavy Hitch
    Front pto

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    Firewood Bandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Online
    07-12-2019 @ 01:26 PM
    Location
    West Central WI
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Summers5 View Post
    I'd guess it(k90) had something to do with the newer hfwd vs older mfwd. Tractor data shows the older jd 4 series(425 445 455) used a k91. Tractor data says they went to the k92 with the start of the x485 thru to x7 ultimate..
    Theres also a k93 out there too. Here is a link to the kanzaki corp who makes them also the front axle info, tlots of different products and information.

    Transaxle K series|Hydraulic Equipments,Transmissions and Marine Gears|Products|Kanzaki Kokyukoki Mfg. Co., Ltd.

    My 2012 X748 has HFWD and K92 so what is with the K90?
    JD 2305
    2018 JD X758
    Simplicity Conquest W/turbo bagger
    Iron & Oak commercial splitter W/ hydro 4 way and log lift
    Husqvarna 346 XP ported x2, 357XP x 2, 562XPG, 372XPG, 288XP ported, 395XP NIB,
    Jred 2159 ported
    Echo CS 355T, & pole saw
    F250 Super Duty CC 8' box and 10,000# 18' trailer

  7. Top | #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Online
    07-10-2019 @ 03:42 AM
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's all I could think of without digging into it.
    1997 Sears GT 18.5hp"Kohler Magnum"
    SplitFire Plugs
    46" Deck
    Led tail lites
    Electric deck-hitch kit
    Sears grader blade
    Ag-Fab Spreaderare
    46" 2 stage SnowBlower 55w lites
    Weights and chain
    ------------------
    2005 JD X485 25hp(SOLD)
    ------------------
    2008 Echo-SRM230 Trimmer 22.8cc
    2010 Echo-PB500T Blower 50.8cc
    ------------------
    2007 JD X748SE*
    54" Edge Deck
    3 Point(Ruegg)Hitch Cat1
    54" 4way Blade
    Yanmar 3TNV76 1116cc 24hp
    JD 45 Loader
    Heavy Hitch
    Front pto

  8. Top | #6
    Firewood Bandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Online
    07-12-2019 @ 01:26 PM
    Location
    West Central WI
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Summers5 View Post
    That's all I could think of without digging into it.


    Well the X758 has a lighter frame, one would guess that the K90 is a cheaper hydro than the K92 than what the X748 has?
    JD 2305
    2018 JD X758
    Simplicity Conquest W/turbo bagger
    Iron & Oak commercial splitter W/ hydro 4 way and log lift
    Husqvarna 346 XP ported x2, 357XP x 2, 562XPG, 372XPG, 288XP ported, 395XP NIB,
    Jred 2159 ported
    Echo CS 355T, & pole saw
    F250 Super Duty CC 8' box and 10,000# 18' trailer

  9. Top | #7
    mike01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:56 PM
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,229
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 155 Times in 101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firewood Bandit View Post
    Well the X758 has a lighter frame, one would guess that the K90 is a cheaper hydro than the K92 than what the X748 has?
    The new X700s do not have a "lighter frame." They have the exact same frame, minus the cutout for the loader and minus a couple of extra reinforcements on the front bracket. The engine mount is also "skeletonized,."

    So *technically* it is lighter by a few pounds, but when people say something has a "lighter frame" they mean that the frame is thinner, weaker, etc. Or at least that is the implication.

    I took some photos and measurements (with calipers) a couple of years ago of an X758 and an X728, side by side. That post is still out there. It's the same frame.

    Here is the thread: Frame comparison (pic heavy) 2013+ X700 vs 2012 X700 vs 1 series SCUT - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
    Firewood Bandit likes this.
    2019 X758, 54" Autoconnect deck
    2018 2032R, 220R Loader, dual rear SCV, hydraulic top link, SB1164 Snow Blower, RC2072 rotary cutter, BB5048L box blade, 42" Titan forks, BB2060L back blade

    Owned in the past:
    X570, X758 (2015), 1025R, X590

  10. Top | #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:01 PM
    Location
    Western WV
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 56 Times in 40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firewood Bandit View Post
    Well the X758 has a lighter frame, one would guess that the K90 is a cheaper hydro than the K92 than what the X748 has?
    Yep the K90 is a piece of crap. Good grief, do some research.
    3025e 60" bucket with parking stand kit, finish mower, brush hog, tiller, back blade, scoop, forks, Edge Tamers, weight bracket w/ trailer mover
    Z915B
    GT 245
    X500
    Bolens MTD GTH garden tractor (Dad's old machine)
    20' double axle trailer
    Previous - 2305, 2025R, Z720A, couple other zero turns

  11. Top | #9
    BOBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:51 AM
    Location
    Boston north east
    Posts
    192
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts
    All Kanzaki products are classed by series. In this case the series is the K9x series. The last number will indicate what options are applied to that particular K9x. But don't be fooled into thinking that the lower the number the fewer the available options. That's not usually the case with Kanzaki or the US subsidiary Tufftorq. For example in the K7x series the letter indicates options, and the K72A comes with the most options installed by the factory. All of the K9x transmissions/transaxles are created equal and only the options available or applied by the factory will change.
    JD X580
    JD 48" blade, JD 30 tiller, JD tractor mounted electric spreader, JD hydraulic sleeve hitch. 48" deck
    48" York rake, 56" box blade, mid row buster, dethatcher, aerator, 900lb roller
    Various Heavy Hitch adapters, ball hitch, hook, 2" sleeve hitch, etc..
    3200lb. hitch mounted winch
    Rear electrical junction box with external rear LED lighting
    Polar 1700 3/4 ton cart with side rails
    Power King 5" towable chipper

    Vietnam Veteran

    And a smile every time I sit in the seat.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to BOBL For This Useful Post:

    Zebrafive(05-11-2019)

  13. Top | #10
    Firewood Bandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Online
    07-12-2019 @ 01:26 PM
    Location
    West Central WI
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike01 View Post
    The new X700s do not have a "lighter frame." They have the exact same frame, minus the cutout for the loader and minus a couple of extra reinforcements on the front bracket. The engine mount is also "skeletonized,."

    So *technically* it is lighter by a few pounds, but when people say something has a "lighter frame" they mean that the frame is thinner, weaker, etc. Or at least that is the implication.

    I took some photos and measurements (with calipers) a couple of years ago of an X758 and an X728, side by side. That post is still out there. It's the same frame.

    Here is the thread: Frame comparison (pic heavy) 2013+ X700 vs 2012 X700 vs 1 series SCUT - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
    Great post Mike, Kudos.
    mike01 likes this.
    JD 2305
    2018 JD X758
    Simplicity Conquest W/turbo bagger
    Iron & Oak commercial splitter W/ hydro 4 way and log lift
    Husqvarna 346 XP ported x2, 357XP x 2, 562XPG, 372XPG, 288XP ported, 395XP NIB,
    Jred 2159 ported
    Echo CS 355T, & pole saw
    F250 Super Duty CC 8' box and 10,000# 18' trailer

  14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hydro's hydro filter nightmare!
    By HydroHarold in forum Sub Compact Utility Tractors (SCUT)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-08-2017, 11:21 PM
  2. K91 or K92 Tuff Torq Transmission..
    By Denis Allan in forum Wanted to Buy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2015, 08:20 AM
  3. Tuff Torq K92 - John Deere - MIA10341
    By LSA-MA in forum For Sale
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-11-2015, 03:26 PM
  4. X750 vs 455 vs 445 vs 318 vs ?
    By Brian in forum Lawn & Garden Tractors
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 11:18 PM
  5. 425 K92 help needed
    By truckin88 in forum Lawn & Garden Tractors
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2012, 06:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts