• 1 Post By CJadamec

Thread: Review of X370

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:01 PM
    Thanks

Review of X370

My review of the X370 after 4 mows:
    First of all, this tractor is a huge upgrade from my LA135. It is just such a better machine, and the cut quality is incredible. I never thought much about it, in my mind a lawn tractor is a lawn tractor. They all mow the same. I could not have been more wrong.

The pros:
    -This thing sucks. No, it really sucks. The suction on the deck is amazing. It pulls up everything, grass, sand, sticks, acorns, and even small rocks. It sucks so well that when the bagger gets full, it is very hard to lift the full bag. And I am not a small guy.
    -The power steering makes it almost too easy to turn. If you turn really sharp, it will scuff/dig up the grass. I have to be really careful when mowing around things to avoid that. I like to mix up the mowing pattern, and every few weeks I do straight lines where I do a 3 point turn at the end of the run and go right back up. The power steering makes that 3 point turn very easy. On the old LA135 those turns were way more difficult.
    -The power lift is nice to have, but not really needed for mowing. But I know that will come in very handy when using the snowblower.

The cons:
    -Sensitivity of the RIO. If you are wanting to back up while the blades are spinning, you have to press the RIO button before you move your foot from the forward pedal. If you even think about pressing the reverse pedal without pressing the switch, the blade will cut out. Itís like it knows my intentions. Iím not going to disable it, I just need to get used to it.
    -This is a very dusty machine. Due to the incredible suction mentioned above, it kicks up a LOT of dust. I have had to use my backpack blower to clean the machine after every mow. It has been a pretty wet spring, yet somehow it is still dusty.
    -I had to pull the discharge chute flap off. With the bagger chute attached and the deck in the highest position, the chute flap rubs against the bottom of the fender deck. I could see that eventually it was going to rub some paint off, so I pulled it off. I very rarely, if ever, mow without bagging, so this was a pretty easy fix.

Overall, I love this mower and would strongly recommend it.
    ColonyPark, rtgt, OxPath and 6 others like this.
    2016 1025R TLB (Marshawn) with piranha tooth bar and HLA Forks
    2019 X370 mowing machine with snowblower attachment
    County Line 3 point log splitter (Mr. Splitty)
    Cyclone Rake super sucker
    Stihl MS-271 chain saw
    Stihl KM-56 Kombi powerhead, string trimmer, pole saw, articulating hedge trimmer
    1998 Yamaha 4-stroke golf car (Tedy Bruschi)

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WifeSaidOK For This Useful Post:

ColonyPark†(05-13-2019), jc21†(05-14-2019), JimR†(05-13-2019), lost in wisconsin†(05-13-2019), OxPath†(05-13-2019), rtgt†(06-11-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:58 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks for posting this! I'm considering a similar upgrade from my D160 to an X370.

Quick question: What height are you cutting at? How much, if any, effect does cutting height have on the amount of dust created?
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:13 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WifeSaidOK View Post

The pros:
    -This thing sucks. No, it really sucks. The suction on the deck is amazing. It pulls up everything, grass, sand, sticks, acorns, and even small rocks. It sucks so well that when the bagger gets full, it is very hard to lift the full bag. And I am not a small guy.
    -The power steering makes it almost too easy to turn. If you turn really sharp, it will scuff/dig up the grass. I have to be really careful when mowing around things to avoid that. I like to mix up the mowing pattern, and every few weeks I do straight lines where I do a 3 point turn at the end of the run and go right back up. The power steering makes that 3 point turn very easy. On the old LA135 those turns were way more difficult.
    -The power lift is nice to have, but not really needed for mowing. But I know that will come in very handy when using the snowblower.
    May I ask, do you have the 7 bushel Rear Bagger or Power Flow Rear Bagger?

Thanks
    2011 JD 2520, 200CX FEL, iMatch Quick Hitch, 48" JD Box Scraper, 54" JD FM Snowblower, Artillian 36" Forks w/Backrest, Frontier PHD200, Woods RM59 Finish Mower & Heavy Hitch

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    Thanks for posting this! I'm considering a similar upgrade from my D160 to an X370.
    Quick question: What height are you cutting at? How much, if any, effect does cutting height have on the amount of dust created?
    I am not sure. I have been cutting at 2.5" and will be cutting at 3" once the warm weather hits. But I have only cut at 2.5"

Quote Originally Posted by lost in wisconsin View Post
    May I ask, do you have the 7 bushel Rear Bagger or Power Flow Rear Bagger?
    Thanks
    The regular 7 bushel bagger.
    rydplrs and OxPath like this.
    Stihl MS-271 chain saw
    Stihl KM-56 Kombi powerhead, string trimmer, pole saw, articulating hedge trimmer

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:44 PM
    Thanks
    I have the gen2 X310. Basically same unit but it has the 42 Edge deck instead of the Accel deck. It bags perfect.. Dusty but good. I agree with the bags being heavy. Leaf season was no prob. First 2 cuts of this year I bagged to remove debris. It did that! I have since switched to side discharge with good sharp blades. Excellent cut. I have a mulch kit and may try it out. It's the large plastic baffle that is under the deck rather than the cover that only blocks the discharge hole.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    WifeSaidOK likes this.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks

Upon Further Review...

I still love this mower. Just hit 10.0 hours this weekend. The quality of the cut is just unreal, so much better than the LA135 was.
    I had a little mishap in some mud (didn't get stuck though) and got it all dirty, so I gave it its first bath. I lifted the front cowling and sprayed under there too, since it was pretty dusty. One thing I don't like is fuel consumption. I used to be able to get 3 mows before having to fill the tank. With this guy, after 2 mows the warning light is flashing, indicating low fuel level. One of these days I will have to figure out how long I can go after that comes on.

After I was done, my tachometer didn't work. I was pretty bummed, and was ready to call the dealer. However, it came back on after a half hour or so. My buddy next door, who bought the same tractor, had the exact same thing happen after giving his a bath. Must have just been some water somewhere.
    Stihl MS-271 chain saw

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:09 PM
    Thanks
    Unfortunately the increased fuel consumption is due to the weight of the tractor and the improved cut quality of the deck. It simply takes more power and therefore more fuel to get all that weight moving and keep the blades spinning.

Unlike other "lawn tractors" your x370 is actually using a good portion of the HP your engine is rated to put out.
    WifeSaidOK likes this.
    X738, 54HC deck w/ auto connect, 3PH
    Woods GBC48 box scraper
    Day dreaming of a 54" snow blower

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CJadamec For This Useful Post:

WifeSaidOK†(06-11-2019)

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements