• 2 Post By kylew
  • 1 Post By Artsque

Thread: John Deere 425 Fuel Issue

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-11-2019 @ 05:44 PM
    Thanks

John Deere 425 Fuel Issue

I started up my 425 today and it's been surging a little lately. I opened the hood and I could see gas spaying on the carb where the fuel line goes in. I have a rebuild kit on order but wondering if anyone has seen this. I'm hoping it's the fuel line is degraded not a crack in the carb. Any thoughts?
    Herminator likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks
    If it's a chunk of rubber fuel line and its old, replace it and see if it fixes the leak. I have an old Craftsman that has a 3" piece of rubber hose right at the carb, that was leaking. Looking at it before I took it off, you could see what looked like fuel 'seeping through the skin' of the hose. Couldn't find a split until I took it off. On the back side I found 2 small cracks in it. Just deteriorated from age.
    theduke and Herminator like this.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    07-11-2019 @ 05:44 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kylew View Post
    If it's a chunk of rubber fuel line and its old, replace it and see if it fixes the leak. I have an old Craftsman that has a 3" piece of rubber hose right at the carb, that was leaking. Looking at it before I took it off, you could see what looked like fuel 'seeping through the skin' of the hose. Couldn't find a split until I took it off. On the back side I found 2 small cracks in it. Just deteriorated from age.
    I think it may be the deal between the filter box and the carb. Although I disconnected the fuel line and it looked fine reconnected it and not having the issue. Probably will just rebuild the carb anyway.
    kylew likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements