425 plus mc519 How?

Thread: 425 plus mc519 How?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-11-2019 @ 05:44 PM
    Thanks

425 plus mc519 How?

I have an mc519 cart and I can't fit the life of me figure out how to connect to tractor. I saw some people saying there would be pins on the rear part of the 425 which I don't have but when when I put some bolts in the holes the bracket doesn't seem to be wide enough. Were there multiple brackets on the mc519 or is mine bent.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Thanks
    I figured it out. The cart I had was set up with the latches on the outside. However my tractor needs them on the inside.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,323 Times in 1,314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Artsque View Post
    I figured it out. The cart I had was set up with the latches on the outside. However my tractor needs them on the inside.
    The bolts have to be removed from the rear tractor frame when the rear weight bracket is used on the tractor. Often, I have seen people mount the bolts outside in, instead of inside out, which makes attaching the MC cart impossible. Make sure the bolts have a large washer at the head of the bolt to properly hold the MC cart brackets. Also, sometimes the clamping bracket on the hitch arms of the MC cart need to be tightened as they are spring loaded to put pressure on the hitch arms to keep them in place. The securing brackets also slide down over the bolt and secure it in place with the snap in place using the spring pressure.

Sometimes, a heavily loaded MC cart will come un hitched. Tightening the hitch arms spring bracket usually is the solution so when you slide the locking arms brackets forward it secures the cart.

Another very important part of properly using the cart is the cable which anchors at the operator platform and it is connected to the top handle mechanism on the lid of the MC cart. Without this cable, the cart is very difficult to properly dump. With the cable, the cable tension opens the clam shell portion upper cover of the MC cart and allows the base of the cart to pivot and dump with the co ver raised away from the cart......

I could use these things in my sleep so if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. See, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night and while I have never seen or used a 4x5 Deere Garden tractor, I have this knowledge as a result of last nights lodging.....

(Being facetious, of course about the lodging as my knowledge source.)

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Artsque View Post
    The bolts have to be removed from the rear tractor frame when the rear weight bracket is used on the tractor. Often, I have seen people mount the bolts outside in, instead of inside out, which makes attaching the MC cart impossible. Make sure the bolts have a large washer at the head of the bolt to properly hold the MC cart brackets. Also, sometimes the clamping bracket on the hitch arms of the MC cart need to be tightened as they are spring loaded to put pressure on the hitch arms to keep them in place. The securing brackets also slide down over the bolt and secure it in place with the snap in place using the spring pressure.

Sometimes, a heavily loaded MC cart will come un hitched. Tightening the hitch arms spring bracket usually is the solution so when you slide the locking arms brackets forward it secures the cart.

Another very important part of properly using the cart is the cable which anchors at the operator platform and it is connected to the top handle mechanism on the lid of the MC cart. Without this cable, the cart is very difficult to properly dump. With the cable, the cable tension opens the clam shell portion upper cover of the MC cart and allows the base of the cart to pivot and dump with the co ver raised away from the cart......

I could use these things in my sleep so if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. See, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night and while I have never seen or used a 4x5 Deere Garden tractor, I have this knowledge as a result of last nights lodging.....[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/images/smilies/1/good2.gif[/IMG]

(Being facetious, of course about the lodging as my knowledge source.) [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/images/smilies/1/mocking.gif[/IMG]
    Yeah I'm confused on that Cable. I have two mc519. The new one had all the hardware but I don't know what to do with that Cable and I'm not sure I understand what your saying.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements