k46 transmission rebuild

Thread: k46 transmission rebuild

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-30-2019 @ 09:33 PM
    Thanks

k46 transmission rebuild

I rebuilt my k46 transmission and things went well. I put it back together and now it has great power but when pushing on the pedals they are reversed. faster in reverse than forward. Have any ideas what I did incorrect?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:00 AM
    Thanks
    Spitballing here, but can you reverse the hoses for the hydro fluid? Pedal Hookup?? The reverse being faster tells me the drive directions are reversed, as the tractors normally go slightly faster in forward.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:18 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,315 Posts
    There is a neutral adjustment which is part of the swash plate function on many of these machines. I am not sure what machine you have otherwise, I could give more details. Please update your I.D. with your tractor model number so we can give you specific information.

Also, how far did you get into the unit? Are we talking gaskets and seals or did you tear it all the way down to include valve bodies, etc?

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

eyeboltman (06-05-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:16 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dschlichting View Post
    I rebuilt my k46 transmission and things went well. I put it back together and now it has great power but when pushing on the pedals they are reversed. faster in reverse than forward. Have any ideas what I did incorrect?
    I remember this exact thing being discussed on the TBN thread and possibly in the video walkthrough posted by LotsOfGreenGrass who did the first (that I know of) work to document and distribute his fix of the K46. Look thru his videos and the thread and you’ll find someone who did the same and the solutions you seek!

TuffTorq K46 Repair Guide with Pictures

Part 1 - K46 hydrostatic drive Removal - YouTube There are two parts of his videos.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to balrog006 For This Useful Post:

eyeboltman (06-05-2019)

9. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:19 AM
    Thanks
    I'm afraid you are going to have to pull the transaxle and open the case again - it's an easy fix but you do have to open the case. You'll probably kick yourself when you see the issue.

See the second post here:

John Deere LTR180 Forward is Reverse and Reverse is Forward - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

10. The Following User Says Thank You to denverguy For This Useful Post:

eyeboltman (06-05-2019)

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements