Removing seat pan on x700 series instructions?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Removing seat pan on x700 series instructions?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Thanks

Removing seat pan on x700 series instructions?

Does anyone have any pictures or links on removing the seat pan on the x700s? Iíve searched and canít find anything.

I have a 18í X739 and Iíll be installing the 3ph. Iíve been researching this and everyone is talking about how much of a pain in the ass it is do do it from the bottom. Just trying to weigh my options and see if thereís a easier way even if it takes a bit longer.

Thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 09:42 AM
    Thanks
    Iím putting one on my X730 this summer so I would like to know as well.

Iíve been studying the install instructions and there is no way Iím going to do it from the bottom.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 12:15 PM
    Thanks
    Here are pictures from a X475 repair manual. I believe the fender deck removal is the same as the current X700s.
    I had to remove the fender deck on a X475. It is not a difficult project.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X475 fender removal 1.jpg X475 fender install 1.jpg
    Last edited by ChrisR; 06-01-2019 at 10:43 AM.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Kioti CK3510SE HST, Kioti KL4030 Loader, John Deere 655 Tiller, Frontier LR2072 Landscape Rake, Virnig V50 Pallet Forks, Woods GB60 Box Blade
    John Deere X739 AWS 4X4, 60HC Auto Connect Deck, Front grader blade.
    John Deere 825i Gator

John Deere Tractors I have owned in the past.
    425 AWS, 455, 4400, 2210, 4710, 2320, 2720, X475, 1026R, 4120, 2025R

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisR For This Useful Post:

Nater2004†(06-01-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post
    Here are pictures from a X475 repair manual. I believe the fender deck removal is the same as the current X700s.
    I had to remove the fender deck on a X475. It is not a difficult project.
    Thank you Chris. Looking at the last picture on the bottom right, I donít know if itís even going to help. Looks like thereís really no room to work from that direction either.
    BigJim55 likes this.

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nater2004 View Post
    Thank you Chris. Looking at the last picture on the bottom right, I donít know if itís even going to help. Looks like thereís really no room to work from that direction either.
    I did not look at that. The only other option is to also remove the fuel tank. I can get you the next page it you need it.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Kioti CK3510SE HST, Kioti KL4030 Loader, John Deere 655 Tiller, Frontier LR2072 Landscape Rake, Virnig V50 Pallet Forks, Woods GB60 Box Blade
    John Deere 825i Gator

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Here is the continuation of the fuel tank removal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fuel tank removal.jpg
    BigJim55 likes this.
    John Deere 825i Gator

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    06-21-2019 @ 02:10 PM
    Thanks
    I am on my phone or I would post a link. If you search for any of the topics regarding tow relief valve (they) or hydraulic pressure shimming you should find several walk-throughs of how to remove the seat pan.
    On my 2nd JD Tractor. 2018 x739 w/ 47" Snowthrower, 54" HC deck, 14 BU MCS, 48" Dethatcher (Hydraulic), CTC FEL.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Swazimotto For This Useful Post:

Nater2004†(06-07-2019)

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    06-21-2019 @ 11:18 AM
    Thanks
    I would add one thing (maybe) to what is in that diagram. At least on my X585 on the left side (side with the fuel filler neck) under on the inside of the fender there is a bolt that has a "J" shaped bracket that secures the left rear side to the tractor. This bolt is also the bolt that secures the rear mounting point of the left grab handle. So that should help you locate it. It is tough to see in there because there isn't a lot of clearance between the fender and rear wheel but stick your hand up there or use an inspection mirror and look for that "J" shaped bracket. You can remove the bolt without removing the rear wheel, you will need a universal joint socket extension about a 6" extension and whatever size metric socket. Probably around a 12mm if I were to guess.

As far as the fuel tank goes, it really isn't secured all that hard. There are two bolts holding that plate in the middle of the tank, take that off and you will see the tank moves around. There is enough slack in the lines to move the tank out of the way. I think I set mine on a chair or something next to the tractor the one time I needed to get under it to replace the implement pressure relief valve when I was doing that a re-shimming the valve for FEL use. I just don't know if what you need to access below that is accessible.

It really isn't hard to get the seat pan off, I have done it several times. At least on a X585 which is the same thing as the X7xx (whatever the gas 4wd 2ws tractor is X738 maybe?)

Last edited by sennister; 06-05-2019 at 03:13 PM.
    SulleyBear likes this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 60" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, Sprayer cart

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sennister For This Useful Post:

Nater2004†(06-07-2019)

14. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sennister View Post
    I would add one thing (maybe) to what is in that diagram. At least on my X585 on the left side (side with the fuel filler neck) under on the inside of the fender there is a bolt that has a "J" shaped bracket that secures the left rear side to the tractor. This bolt is also the bolt that secures the rear mounting point of the left grab handle. So that should help you locate it. It is tough to see in there because there isn't a lot of clearance between the fender and rear wheel but stick your hand up there or use an inspection mirror and look for that "J" shaped bracket. You can remove the bolt without removing the rear wheel, you will need a universal joint socket extension about a 6" extension and whatever size metric socket. Probably around a 12mm if I were to guess.

As far as the fuel tank goes, it really isn't secured all that hard. There are two bolts holding that plate in the middle of the tank, take that off and you will see the tank moves around. There is enough slack in the lines to move the tank out of the way. I think I set mine on a chair or something next to the tractor the one time I needed to get under it to replace the implement pressure relief valve when I was doing that a re-shimming the valve for FEL use. I just don't know if what you need to access below that is accessible.

It really isn't hard to get the seat pan off, I have done it several times. At least on a X585 which is the same thing as the X7xx (whatever the gas 4wd 2ws tractor is X738 maybe?)

Im going to give it a try, thank you all for the help. I’ll post some pictures for others that will also tackle this project in the future to let everyone know if it’s beneficial or not.

15. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:10 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,277 Posts
    I am not sure you are going to gain that much space without the fuel tank removed. I have had these body pans off dozens of times and while it's critical for fuel pump access in the tank, etc. its really quite easy to do.

A few helpful tips...

1. Make sure to fish the seat switch wire up through the operator platform before putting the body pan back on or you will be taking it back off to retrieve the seat switch wire......I have made this mistake more than once.......I tape a length of wire to the actual plug so its easier to fish up through the operator platform.

2. I always remove the seat from the suspension by pulling the front pivot rod out of the seat and just remove the seat. I leave the seat suspension base on the body pan when its removed. Otherwise, the seat and suspension are "floppy" when you remove them and I have seen some people scratch the operator platform with the corner of the seat suspension when it the seat pivots when lifting on or off.

3. Also make sure to unhook the tail light wires from the tail lights or you can break the light housing or damage the wiring.

4. If you use your tractor for snow removal, I found replacing the lower bolts where the operator platform meets the foot well with stainless bolts and nuts makes getting it apart in the future easier as the stainless bolts don't corrode and regular bolts will............

5. Make sure to get the operator platform positioned and all of the bolts started before tightening any of them. The bolts near the seat platform rails will be tricking to align if the lower bolts are tightened before all bolts are started......

6. If you end up removing the fuel tank, cut some extra pieces of hose the same size as the fuel supply line and the return line and plug them with a bolt and have extra bolts so when you remove the fuel lines, you can plug the lines so they don't gravity leak and put the short lines with the plugs in them on the tank to prevent it from leaking when you pick it up. Otherwise, diesel will splash out the lines when moving it.

7 Pay attention to the fuel line routing as they must be in specific places or you can pinch the fuel lines if they aren't in the right place and cause fuel flow issues when the machine is reassembled. Take a picture once you remove the body pan.

8. Have your hand held leaf blower handy as once you remove the seat pan and tank, there is usually a bunch of grass and debris under the tank and on top of the rear hydro unit. The blower helps to clean all of this crud out of the work area. Its also handy to power wash the machine when you have it this torn down as shown in the photo of the tractor with the components removed in the thread. This is why the fuel line plugs and fuel tank plugs are handy, to keep the dirt and water out during this process.

9. Make sure to get all 4 bolts where the operator platform and the foot well connect, there are two outer bolts and two inner bolts to remove the get the platform off the machine. Its really very easy to remove the operator platform.
    Zebrafive likes this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast