Tractor died on me yesterday minutes after firing up. Now power to anything . Checked battery and all cables. Put a meter on the ignition switch, getting 12v, however, once I plug in the engine wiring harness it drops to 3v. Any idea what the harness could be running to the could draw so much current? I'm assuming maybe something is grounding out but the harness runs inside the motor so I have no clue.. Been sitting in front of this thing with a meter since yesterday morning... Thanks for any help
Remove neg cable from battery. Follow cable and remove it. Clean the frame/engine end of the cable. Reconnect the frame/engine side. Remove positive cable from battery and clean it. Reconnect to battery. Now connect the neg cable to battery. Often bad connections will cause a voltage drop.