The John Deere X739 package - DELIVERED. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: The John Deere X739 package - DELIVERED.

1. Top | #21

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:19 PM
    Thanks
    From a fellow x739 owner, Congratulations! Envious of the leaf collector. I want one, but my old one won't die. It's also pretty pricey.
    Dr Kubar likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #22

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:31 AM
    Thanks
    Another eight tons of soil spread yesterday afternoon, so sixteen total, so a full, hard work day. The 739 had no issue towing a 10 cu. ft. cart (about 80% full) of topsoil, smoothed a lot of grade as well as filled in some holes. Then off to the Paul McCartney show, now a rain day in progress so we get a day to breathe. After an 18 hour marathon yesterday, I'm exhausted. That's been the norm in recent weeks, getting ready for and doing the work on the property.

BUT - getting close to the finishing off of the heavy exterior remodeling work, still a couple full work days of finishing touches/wall completion and some touch-up concrete pour to go, then we do the trimwork on the house and the tractor gets a break. We logged four hours on the tractor just yesterday, and literally got tons done.
    John Deere X739 with 48" deck
    MCS 14BU hopper/powerflow with Superior Tech 14BU attachment for from-seat dumping
    47" snowblower

4. Top | #23
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:49 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Audible Nectar View Post
    Another eight tons of soil spread yesterday afternoon, so sixteen total, so a full, hard work day. The 739 had no issue towing a 10 cu. ft. cart (about 80% full) of topsoil, smoothed a lot of grade as well as filled in some holes. Then off to the Paul McCartney show, now a rain day in progress so we get a day to breathe. After an 18 hour marathon yesterday, I'm exhausted. That's been the norm in recent weeks, getting ready for and doing the work on the property.

BUT - getting close to the finishing off of the heavy exterior remodeling work, still a couple full work days of finishing touches/wall completion and some touch-up concrete pour to go, then we do the trimwork on the house and the tractor gets a break. We logged four hours on the tractor just yesterday, and literally got tons done.
    16 tons and what do you get? Another day older and deeper in debt.
    Great song.
    2010 2320 with 200cx FEL
    54D MMM
    54" front mount blower
    Titan 42" forks w/ receiver hitch
    County Line 5' tiller
    6' JD rear blade (tree find)

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #24

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CJadamec View Post
    Now that you have a couple hours of use on the machine:

Check the hydraulic fluid level it's probably low; dipstickk under the seat, check it cold, when measuring the level you don't thread the cap back on just set it on top of the hole.

Change the engine oil and filter at 8 hrs (better safe than sorry on that one)

Check the tire pressure it's probably way too high from the dealer. Spec is only 10-14 psi for the rears depending on ballast weight.

Grease all the fittings and auto connect coupling

Grease on all the deck linkage pins will quite some of the rattles down I. Rough terrain

Enjoy your seat time and try to wipe that grin off your face while riding around people are gonna think you are going nuts 😂

I did check the fluids and there's a couple of low spots:

- Hydraulic fluid level is low now that I've run it a few hours. I did check on delivery and it's dropped a bit, just barely above the tip of the dipstick and well below the "XX" indicators higher up the stick. I assume some lost in the uptake to some of the components....

- also a bit low on the coolant, below the "min" line on the overflow bottle, not hugely so but a topping off is a good idea I'm sure.

Question: what grease is proper here (or should I be using differing formula for different purposes/type of spots)? Polyurea? Lithium? I have ONE grease gun with the hose and standard end that Lincoln provides on their gun, if there's anything I should know here re: greasing fill me in. Probably off to the JD dealer tomorrow to get the appropriate fluids for topoff, grease(s) and oil/filter for the 8 hour change. If there's any tips special/advices on what to get here please fill me in :-) Thanks in advance....
    MCS 14BU hopper/powerflow with Superior Tech 14BU attachment for from-seat dumping
    47" snowblower

7. Top | #25
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,455 Times in 1,102 Posts
    I did check the fluids and there's a couple of low spots:

- Hydraulic fluid level is low now that I've run it a few hours. I did check on delivery and it's dropped a bit, just barely above the tip of the dipstick and well below the "XX" indicators higher up the stick. I assume some lost in the uptake to some of the components....
    Leave it sit over night and then recheck the hydraulic fluid level. You don't want to over fill.

- also a bit low on the coolant, below the "min" line on the overflow bottle, not hugely so but a topping off is a good idea I'm sure.
    I keep mine at the max line but anywhere in between MIN and MAX is fine.

Question: what grease is proper here (or should I be using differing formula for different purposes/type of spots)? Polyurea? Lithium? I have ONE grease gun with the hose and standard end that Lincoln provides on their gun, if there's anything I should know here re: greasing fill me in. Probably off to the JD dealer tomorrow to get the appropriate fluids for topoff, grease(s) and oil/filter for the 8 hour change. If there's any tips special/advices on what to get here please fill me in :-) Thanks in advance....
    Use the grease that is recommended in your owner's manual. It's probably SD Polyurea. I use it for everything. About the only thing that needs different grease is a backhoe.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. Top | #26

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post

Use the grease that is recommended in your owner's manual. It's probably SD Polyurea. I use it for everything. About the only thing that needs different grease is a backhoe.
    Yeah, the owner's manual is interesting here. The printed version lists two:

"John Deere multipurpose HD lithium"

"Grease Gard premium plus"

Then the online manual lists the SD Polyurea or the HD lithium. The printed version makes a point to mention using the same grease consistently, or if a switch is made to pump it clean from the system/fitting over a few uses if possible

Engine oil also has differing answers. Printed version lists "Turf Gard", "John DeerePlus 4", and "DeerePlus 50II" as does the online version, but must admit that there seems quite a variance in choices. Of course I will ask the dealer of their opinion but thought it worth asking here too. The manuals don't explain anything of the differences (although with subsequent digging the DeerePlus 50II gets mentioned as recommended for diesels but seemingly not exclusively).
    47" snowblower

9. Top | #27
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 11:25 AM
    Thanks
    Congratulations on the 739. Nothing like 4WD 4WS. You're going to love it.
    2016 X739, 2018 1025R, 60HC mmm Auto Conn, FEL, BH, Frontier Forks, Woods finish mower, CF Box Blade, Taylor Way TP 923 Rotary Tiller, County Line Landscape Rake, County Line Auger, Ratchet Rake, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks and Differential Pedal, and a few home-made contraptions to attach.
    Refugee from the Kingdom of Orange Tractors

10. Top | #28

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kubar View Post
    Congratulations on the 739. Nothing like 4WD 4WS. You're going to love it.
    I am REALLY impressed with this. It's really a nimble beast and has proven it again and again over the first five hours of use. That's an aspect that I needed (I started this research project into this with zero turns) and the 4WS/4WS has been a superb functional feature on my property. Even though we removed a number of the obstacles, it's still a layout that benefits from the tight turns a great deal. Once the landscaping heals and the new grass grows, it will be even more so.

The first two work days out with this machine has really "sold" it in my mind - has me saying "Yeah - this is why I bought this machine, to have me doing the work I need and want to do out here."
    ColonyPark, CJadamec and Dr Kubar like this.
    47" snowblower

11. Top | #29
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:09 PM
    Thanks
    The first cut: I mowed one round at 3", then mowed again at 2 1/2 "against the grain" - the exact same path just in the opposite direction, and it looks pretty darn good.
    Very nice congrats!

12. Top | #30

Last Online
    Thanks
    Another 12 tons today for a total of 28, and about finished with the landscape work. We conclude with that tomorrow.
    47" snowblower

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast