The John Deere X739 package - DELIVERED.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: The John Deere X739 package - DELIVERED.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Thanks

The John Deere X739 package - DELIVERED.

It's HEEEEEEEREEEEEE

The new X739 package has arrived. After a myriad of delays - new driveway, retaining wall, and other infrastructure upgrades taking place at our home - the X739 has been delivered, and has clocked it's first hour and cut on what lawn is mowable. Some is still "in surgery", still awaiting landscape work, but for the 65ish% that is ready to mow, it has been, and it looks rather good.

Introducing the first vehicle allowed to drive up the new driveway:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1788.JPEG   IMG_1789.JPEG  
    John Deere X739 with 48" deck
    MCS 14BU hopper/powerflow with Superior Tech 14BU attachment for from-seat dumping
    47" snowblower

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Thanks
    The first cut: I mowed one round at 3", then mowed again at 2 1/2 "against the grain" - the exact same path just in the opposite direction, and it looks pretty darn good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1790.JPEG   IMG_1791.JPEG  
    MCS 14BU hopper/powerflow with Superior Tech 14BU attachment for from-seat dumping
    47" snowblower

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    The accompaniments:

47" snowblower, and for those fall days when the valley pools more leaves than can be imagined, the 14bu MCS with Superior Products dump-from-seat collection unit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1794.JPEG   IMG_1795.JPEG  
    47" snowblower

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    That lawn has made quite a comeback, having sustained a lot of damage from the prior winters' leaf packing, brought on from a Vegas Vacation of nine days where I fell behind the leaf work, then had a foot of snow sock it in. She's come a long way in two months, and this being only the third mow of the season - two with the push mower Honda, and now with the X739. We scraped the leaf cover in late March as best as we could, then just let her grow, not mowing at all until four weeks ago, then two weeks ago, and now today. We hope the new MCS setup will prevent another series of events like last fall - well, Vegas vacations excluded of course
    so.fulton and Dr Kubar like this.
    47" snowblower

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    I had some fun figuring out that you have to put it in park to start it, and that if you get up from the seat while it runs, it runs no more. LOL. The RIO didn't cause much issue though as I (mostly) didn't have to re-engage the PTO, although I did discover that just the slightest bump of the reverse prior to pushing the RIO would disengage. There's a few places where reverse is useful on my lawn layout, as well as just getting familiar as to how to traverse the lawn with the new beast.....

An absolute pleasure to operate, though - smooth, reassuring power in spades.
    so.fulton, Catfishin and Dr Kubar like this.
    47" snowblower

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Audible Nectar For This Useful Post:

Nater2004 (06-11-2019)

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:06 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audible Nectar View Post
    The first cut: I mowed one round at 3", then mowed again at 2 1/2 "against the grain" - the exact same path just in the opposite direction, and it looks pretty darn good.
    Looks very good. Congratulations on your tractor, they are great machines. You will be very happy with your new machine.

Welcome to GTT as well......

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Make sure to hang some weight on the rear when using the snow blower and you may want to consider some weight for the front when using the collection system since its suspended from the rear mount. The 42# suitcase weights are very handy to put the right ballast in the best places.

I think 4 to 6 of the suitcase weights should get the job done for you. Pretty sure they have a quick mounting weight bar for the front and rear on which you can hang the weight. Having the weight helps eliminate the need for tire chains and it also helps to balance the machine and prevent too much stress on the front axle. If the "Build your Own" section of the website for your tractor, they should list the weight brackets and options............

Just ask should you have any questions, we have many members familiar with these machines and their use.
    so.fulton likes this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,455 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audible Nectar View Post
    The accompaniments:

47" snowblower, and for those fall days when the valley pools more leaves than can be imagined, the 14bu MCS with Superior Products dump-from-seat collection unit.
    What is the serial number of your 47-inch snow blower? The reason I ask is that the design was changed on S/N 150001 and above to use a gearbox instead of the chain and sprockets which is a huge improvement. I'm surprised that someone who just purchased a new unit is still getting the old model.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Thanks
    Very Nice, you'll love it.
    JD 2305
    2018 JD X758
    Simplicity Conquest W/turbo bagger
    Iron & Oak commercial splitter W/ hydro 4 way and log lift
    Husqvarna 346 XP ported x2, 357XP x 2, 562XPG, 372XPG, 288XP ported, 395XP NIB,
    Jred 2159 ported
    Echo CS 355T, & pole saw
    F250 Super Duty CC 8' box and 10,000# 18' trailer

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    What is the serial number of your 47-inch snow blower? The reason I ask is that the design was changed on S/N 150001 and above to use a gearbox instead of the chain and sprockets which is a huge improvement. I'm surprised that someone who just purchased a new unit is still getting the old model.
    I was surprised to see the same thing.......wonder if the dealer doesn't sell many snow blowers and had this in stock.......and made the price right to move it.......?!?!

1025R with Mauser Cab

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast