JD LT133 wont start.

Thread: JD LT133 wont start.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-29-2019 @ 04:08 PM
    Thanks

JD LT133 wont start.

I'm having issues with my JD 133 lawn mower. I was in some thick stuff yesterday and it was bogging down and stalled. This happens sometimes but it wont start up again.

When I turn the key it wont click or turnover. Ive used my volt meter to check the battery, ignition switch for continuity, the starter selonoid and the starter motor. All have power.

The only thing I am questioning is I have power to the starter motor when I have the ignition in the on position. Shouldn't there only be power to the starter motor if my ignition is in the crank position?

That being said if there is power to the starter motor shouldnt it be trying to turn over?

Also one last pdd thing. The lights dont turn on when the ignition is in the on position but again, I checked with my volt meter and I have power at the light connection.

Thanks for your help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 05:45 AM
    Thanks
    Austin, Are you checking for power at the starter motor or at the starter solenoid? You should have a purple going to the solenoid. This should have power when you go to "start" and pulls the solenoid in to connect the battery to the starter motor. Also, you said you have "power", how much...10 volts, 12.5 volts? I know you probably did, but make sure pto is off and brake is on/set. Bob
    '80 317 w/18hp B&S and divert valve for rear hydraulics, 3 pt hitch, 5' york rake
    '82 314 w/rear PTO for tiller
    33 tiller
    49 thrower
    54 4 way blade
    Mod 48 deck & Mod 462 TracVac

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    06-29-2019 @ 04:08 PM
    Thanks
    It has powers power at the selonoid and the starter motor when the ignition is in the run position. I have 12.6 volts everywhere.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Thanks
    Where are you connecting the negative lead of your voltmeter?

If you are clipping to the negative battery terminal, and you say you have "12.6 volts everywhere", then I would look at your negative/ground cable. Check the connection at the battery, and the connection to the frame/chassis.

You may find a problem there.

If you're clipping the negative to the frame/engine, then I'm not sure without being there.

Just my 2 cents.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements