1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-01-2019 @ 08:17 PM
    Thanks
    Hi guys,
    So if you notice my other posts I’m looking to use my new CTC FEL

I shimmer and installed the THRV

I bought the HH weight bracket for the 3PH and the iMatch too and 8 weights

While my x758 came from factory with the 3PH I took off the arms when it arrived as I actually bought it from someone else and never used it myself and took the arms off.

The problem I’m having is the 3PH arms are raised and don’t appear to go down more than a half inch, what’s wrong?

Do I need to adjust something?

I have the valve shut off under the hydraulic lines, this too was from factory, to divert the hydraulics to the back ‘for now’. No change. It’s like it tries to lower and stops.
    I have the click-n-go mounts but not the weight bracket, so I don’t think that affects anything as I saw another YouTube of a guy with one and the only time you can’t do both is when the click n go weight bracket is on you can’t add the arms obviously

Can someone help? No idea what’s wrong and the Deere manual is terrible, what’s new

I’m looking to drop the arms load up with my weight bracket pick it up, then shut off the valve to the back to then add my FEL

Any advice?
    Last edited by Eire1916; 07-01-2019 at 10:01 AM.
    x758,
    Front Mounted Dethatcher
    Rear Aerator
    Cart
    Lawn Stripe Kit
    25G Click-n-Go Sprayer
    Rear 3-point-Hitch and PTO
    Snowblower

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Thanks
    This is how the 3PH is seating
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image_1561994560296.jpg  
    x758,
    Front Mounted Dethatcher
    Rear Aerator
    Cart
    Lawn Stripe Kit
    25G Click-n-Go Sprayer
    Snowblower

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:37 PM
    Thanks
    Look on the back of the machine you should see something that looks like a threaded rod with a spring pin through it. That is the adjustment for the lower limit for the 3pt hitch. Raise it up all the way and start turning the threaded rod, a lot, and then try and lower it. I can never remember which direction I need to move it.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 60" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, Sprayer cart

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I keep saying I am going to order one of these for my cordless drill to make the process easier.

https://www.amazon.com/BAL-R-V-Produ.../dp/B01966ASEG

Basically I do what you are talking about and raise the 3pt and spin it one way to lock it all the way up when using it for ballast (99.99% of the time). When I need to take it off, I raise it all the way up and spin that lower limit threaded rod the other way a bunch of times to the arms drop almost all the way to the ground. Then I clip on the HH cart and set it down and flip the levers on the quick hitch. Then I can go pick up my box grader or whatever else I am using.

There are a lot of turns to adjust this because it gives you pretty fine control over how far the 3 pt will go down. Maybe you are running a rear tiller and only want a certain depth. This is how you would dial it in. The thing that sucks is it is hard to have repeatability if you need these limited depth stops as there is no indication on where the stop is. You have to raise it up, turn it a few times and lower it down and measure.

For me the separate 3pt control is a big reason I want to go to a bigger machine. You can have it on the 1 Series just not on the X. Though there are some people that have done H3 conversions where they add a joystick and have a separate control for the rockshaft hydraulic cylinder. I have considered it but keep leaning toward a newer machine once my Z950R is paid off.

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 60" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, Sprayer cart

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    This is a different machine but the location is about the same.

http://www.jimsrepairjimstractors.co...oint-hitch.JPG

Look at the photo near the left rear tire. You can see what looks like a rod with a pin through it. You should have a threaded rod with a pin through it just like that on your machine. It might be all black though where this one stands out a bit more.

JD X585, 54C deck,

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Do you use your loader with the 3PH raised like this? In which case I can just manually load it this time

I’ll try that thread on the left though,
    Is it this thing? It is friggin wedged tight how is anyone meant to adjust that

Thanks so much for the help guys
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image_1561995887905.jpg  
    Last edited by Eire1916; 07-01-2019 at 10:45 AM.
    x758,
    Front Mounted Dethatcher
    Rear Aerator
    Cart
    Lawn Stripe Kit
    25G Click-n-Go Sprayer
    Snowblower

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eire1916 View Post
    Do you use your loader with the 3PH raised like this? In which case I can just manually load it this time

I’ll try that thread on the left though,
    Is it this thing? It is friggin wedged tight how is anyone meant to adjust that

Thanks so much for the help guys
    Yes that is it.

It is a pain to adjust which is why I posted the link of the socket thing that some people use. Others had an old socket and used a grinder to cut slots in it to make their own.

It likely hasn't seen much adjustment so it will be stiff. Some penetrating oil can help and I lube mine from time to time.

Keep in mind even with the front lockout when you do your dump/curl function on the FEL the 3pt will still go up/down a little. It just moves really slow. The only way to fully lock it out is to raise the 3pt like yours is now, and turn that lower limit stop all the way to the up position. It will still move about an inch but it is better to have it up out of the way when trying to do work.

The only thing I do differently is I normally extend my top link bar so it isn't tilted so close to the back of the seat. Mine is normally a bit more straight up and down.

I don't have a great photo but something like this. I had gotten a load of mulch in these shots so I was spreading that around.

BigJim55 likes this.

JD X585, 54C deck,

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Oh and yes, I have manually loaded it rather than mess with the lower limit.

Many times if the rear weights are off, they are on my Z950R but I still have the 3pt, Quick Hitch and HH still on there just without suitcase weights. In the winter sometimes I completely take off the 3pt. I think I mentioned this to you in the past but here is a tip I found out.

That Heavy Hitch cart is nice in that you can clip it on. Leave all the weights on there then pull the pins on the 3pt arms where they attach to the tractor. Then wheel the entire thing off as an assembly. The car will hold the HH, Quick Hitch (iMatch in your case), 3pt arms and all weights just fine. Since it is on wheels you can just wheel it out of the way into storage and then wheel it back when you need it again. When hooking it up I attach the side arms first then adjust the 3pt up/down until I can connect that top link in the middle. Then lift the entire thing up and pull the cart. Of course this means you are adjusting that lower limit. Nothing gets lost this way and it makes it easier (for me anyhow) to put the 3pt arms on or take them off.
    BigJim55 likes this.

JD X585, 54C deck,

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    So should I keep it locked where it is while I at least use my FEL?

Or should the ballast be lower for the FEL use and not so high up?
    BigJim55 likes this.
    x758,
    Front Mounted Dethatcher
    Rear Aerator
    Cart
    Lawn Stripe Kit
    25G Click-n-Go Sprayer
    Snowblower

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eire1916 View Post
    So should I keep it locked where it is while I at least use my FEL?
    You don't have to but I would recommend it. If you don't lock it in the up position it will go up/down with your dump/curl function.

Here is an example of a time when you won't want to lock the 3pt all the way up. I was doing mixed FEL work with my box grader. This is the only time I do FEL work and allow the 3pt to go up and down.

I know, I know I was doing work with the mower deck on... As mentioned before I haven't had the mower deck on in 3 years now.

BigJim55 likes this.

JD X585, 54C deck,

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast