Thread: Happy Birthday, X350

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:18 PM
    Thanks

Happy Birthday, X350

Happy 3rd birthday to my X350!

Its only got 82 hours on it, but in addition to mowing, it has:

• hauled 15 yards of stone, 14 yards of sand, dozens of loads of brush & leaves,
      100 hurricane storm panels, potted plants, ladders, lumber, tools, etc.
    • pulled small trees out of the brush line after cutting
    • lifted a 200 pound cast iron storm grate
    • provided an elevated platform to help me trim tall shrubbery
    • won a lawn mower race with my neighbor

I'm very happy with this machine. Anything bigger would have been too heavy or too wide to maneuver on my lawn.

My only complaint: The plastic seat bottom has deep cracks on both sides -- pretty lousy for an otherwise quality piece of equipment! Does anyone know how to get the lower cushion off so I can recover it with canvas?

(Photos included at the 'Accessories' link below.)
    glc, MarkNMO and kylew like this.
    X350 (2016) and Accessories
    Assorted Stihl & Grizzly tools
    My wife says that's all I need for my measly 1/2 acre...

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Thanks
    Very cool accessories in your link

As far as the seat, I looked at my X360 and don't see any obvious attachment fasteners. My only guess is that somehow the cushion snaps onto the seat frame.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    08-31-2019 @ 05:31 PM
    Thanks
    Any chance your seat could be covered under warranty, Rod? If I'm not mistaken, current X300 series tractors have a 300 hour/4 year bumper to bumper warranty... don't know about your model year. I had seat issues with my 2007 X320- the seat covering wrinkled and then split open by the seat pan. They replaced the seat under warranty and that seat proceeded to do the same thing. The warranty had run out in the meantime ... that seat is still on there, I just put a seat cover over it. Got my eye on an aftermarket seat.
    kylew likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jc21 View Post
    Any chance your seat could be covered under warranty, Rod?
    Yes, the warranty is four years. I'll see what the dealer says (he's an hour away). If he doesnt want to replace the seat, he should at least be able to tell le how to remove the cushion so I can recover it myself!

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    09-15-2019 @ 09:03 PM
    Thanks
    Great job on the accessories. Can you post additional pictures of the hitch plate attachment to the mower frame? Only 82 hours? We got our X350 about 2 months ago, and have 30 hours already.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:01 PM
    Thanks
    Seat should be covered. Have replaced many under warranty. The dealer has to follow Deeres protocal for seat replacement. We have had customers bring in seat, machine serial number and hours. Gave em a new seat and rock on.
    The X350 is a solid unit. We dont see a whole lot of issues.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xcopterdoc For This Useful Post:

jc21 (07-21-2019), RodW (08-01-2019)

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkNMO View Post
    Great job on the accessories. Can you post additional pictures of the hitch plate attachment to the mower frame? Only 82 hours? We got our X350 about 2 months ago, and have 30 hours already.
    My bother designed the hitch plate so I could mark and drill the final attachment holes myself. Two pieces of 3" angle extend along the sides of the stock hitch plate. I just stuck a pencil through the existing holes from the inside to scribe their positions on the angle -- you can see two stainless bolts near the tire in the photo below. I used 1/2" grade 8 bolts everywhere. One lesson learned: Unless you use bolts that perfectly fit the existing holes, do not center a smaller hole (the one you drill) within the larger one. Offset it away from the new hitch plate so it keeps the plate from tilting. I had to add a large washer to compensate for this oversight.

You don't have to cut the vertical slots into the main plate if you don't need an option to adjust the hitch height. The thickness of the angle keeps the aluminum mounting plate just far enough away from the original Deere plate to allow bolt heads to slide in the slots.

Although I consider this a permanent addition, it can be removed in less than five minutes (two bolts on each side).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HitchPlate.jpg   SidePlate.jpg  

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    09-15-2019 @ 09:03 PM
    Thanks
    Thank you for the details.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks

Seat covered by warranty

Quote Originally Posted by xcopterdoc View Post
    Seat should be covered. Have replaced many under warranty. The dealer has to follow Deeres protocal for seat replacement. We have had customers bring in seat, machine serial number and hours. Gave em a new seat and rock on.
    The X350 is a solid unit. We dont see a whole lot of issues.
    Thanks! The dealer got a seat replacement approved under warranty based on my email with the photos you recommended. I have to drive 60 miles each way to do the exchange, but it's still good to have the issue resolved so easily.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:24 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RodW View Post
    Thanks! The dealer got a seat replacement approved under warranty based on my email with the photos you recommended. I have to drive 60 miles each way to do the exchange, but it's still good to have the issue resolved so easily.
    The bad part is the replacement seat won’t last any longer than the original. I had mine replaced under warranty after two years and the replacement didn’t even last a year.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast