Like Tree25Likes

Thread: X738 purchase

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-25-2019 @ 07:52 PM
    Thanks

X738 purchase

Hi,
    I'm new to this forum and also to the mountainous part of Tennessee.
    My John Deere LX255 just died in these here hills. Because of that my wife and I decided we needed something that can climb a hill therefore, I'm about to order an X738.
    I was wondering if anyone has added a John Deere cargo mount single bucket holder #lpjd100 on an X700 series and if you liked it? I can't see how it attaches so I don't know if it will fit.
    Greenfarmparts sells it for about $39 I just don't want to order something that I can't use like I have done in the past.
    Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:43 PM
    Thanks
    Looking at the photos I am going to say no. It won't fit out of the box.

Depending on how creative you are anything can work though.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Thanks
    Does the x738 have the necessary CargO mounts needed to mount the single carrier to the tractor? It doesn't look like it. You'd probably be better off with the dual bucket carrier, which JD says mounts to all series tractors. LPJD301

Rick
    2017 JD X758 54HC deck, 54" front blade, Reugg Cat1 3pt, & Front Fenders
    2018 JD 3039r Deluxe Cab w/ Air Ride Seat & Mid PTO, 320r Loader w/ HD bucket & 3rd function, 72D deck, Horst Forks, Ballast Box, Landpride FDR 2584, ProWorks Tree Puller

WTB 375a backhoe attachment for 3r tractors

FS: 72D autoconnect deck setup for 3r tractors

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:18 PM
    Thanks
    2016 X739, 2018 1025R, 60HC mmm Auto Conn, FEL, BH, Frontier Forks, Woods finish mower, CF Box Blade, Taylor Way TP 923 Rotary Tiller, County Line Landscape Rake, County Line Auger, Ratchet Rake, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks and Differential Pedal, and a few home-made contraptions to attach.
    Refugee from the Kingdom of Orange Tractors

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thank you all for your response I didn't know if I wanted a two bucket it looks like it's low enough to interfere with the hitch. I'll call the dealer but they usually don't know any more than the buyer. Certainly not as much as you all. Thanks again.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:50 PM
    Thanks
    Congrats on the new machine you're going to love it.

If you are looking to carry buckets the dual bucket holder works just fine.

But since you are already getting the nice tractor add the 3ph to it and you can carry just about anything you want that weighs less than 600lbs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20190311_114830.jpg  
    DRobinson and mark02tj like this.
    X738, 54HC deck w/ auto connect, 3PH
    Woods GBC48 box scraper
    Day dreaming of a 54" snow blower

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    CJadamec:
    Thank you for your response.
    It's another $600☹️.
    Concerning the two buckets is it still possible to connect to the hitch?

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    09-15-2019 @ 07:28 PM
    Thanks
    I installed a Heavy Hitch receiver that takes standard 2" type stingers. Because of that I had to modify the 2 bucket holder but it works great and is much more convenient than taking a wagon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0002.JPG   DSCF0003.JPG  
    tj1 likes this.
    JD 2305
    2018 JD X758
    Simplicity Conquest W/turbo bagger
    Iron & Oak commercial splitter W/ hydro 4 way and log lift
    Husqvarna 346 XP ported x2, 357XP x 2, 562XPG, 372XPG, 288XP ported, 395XP NIB,
    Jred 2159 ported
    Echo CS 355T, & pole saw
    F250 Super Duty CC 8' box and 10,000# 18' trailer

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:50 PM
    Thanks
    The 3PH is really useful on these tractors. IMO its worth every penny wo have if you plan one doing any work with the tractor other than mow. The 3PH opens your world to Cat 1 implements which make the tractor soo much more useful. The x738 is vastly more capable machine than your outgoing LX255 the weight of the x738 alone is more than double the LX255. By the time you attach the mower deck fill it with fuel and sit on it you are around 1400lbs, and that's before you add any front of rear weights.

When using a heavy hitch or something similar for the bucket holder it should be out of the way of the 3PH arms. The 3PH arms are also removable by simply pulling 3 pins.

I would also make sure to get the front quick hitch with the tractor as well so that down the road the price to get into a snow blower or front blade isn't as steep. I still kick myself for not adding the front hitch into the purchase of my tractor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20180818_142659.jpg  
    X738, 54HC deck w/ auto connect, 3PH
    Woods GBC48 box scraper
    Day dreaming of a 54" snow blower

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,488 Times in 1,397 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sparsparkster View Post
    CJadamec:
    Thank you for your response.
    It's another $600☹️.
    Concerning the two buckets is it still possible to connect to the hitch?
    John Deere offers the "Click N Go" mounting system for the rear of the x3xx, x5xx and x7xx machines. This is a universal system which allows you to mount attachments which are designed to work with the "Click N Go" system. If the bucket carrier option is Click N Go compatible, then it will be easy to put on and take off, which is likely what you are seeking.

Otherwise, you can use the approach like Firewood Bandit did for using the hitch ball to hold the 2 buckets mount, with some small modifications. If you don't have the means to make the modification, any local welding shop or even small engine repair shop likely could. You might even find a GTT member who would make the modification and ship the part to you for a reasonable fee......Just make sure the ball mount is made to fit the size hitch ball you plan to use. Most boat trailers use a 1 7/8" hitch ball or a 2" hitch ball and most larger trailers use a 2 5/16" hitch ball. Make the modification to fit the hitch ball you plan to use or its going to be loose and rattle on the ball, which you don't want.

Just about anyone who has ever used these machines with and without a 3 point hitch will tell you the $600 is well worth the investment. It expands the use of your machine dramatically and especially on hills, not TOWING something behind you but rather having it attached to the 3 point hitch means no jackknifing and no trouble backing up, etc. etc.

The number of options and functions for a machine with a 3ph makes the machine more useful. The reason you are considering adding the buckets is so you can carry things on your tractor. The 3ph expands that option to a level which transforms the machine.

Also, the MFWD drive system of the x738 is ideal for mowing on hills, it's the most stable and automatic system offered.

You are really going to like the new machine. Its so much better than your prior tractor, you are going to be looking for ways to spend time on it...............

By the way, welcome to the GTT forum........
    Last edited by SulleyBear; 07-29-2019 at 12:59 PM. Reason: spellain
    glc and so.fulton like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast