Headlight Issue.....But the bulb's in there....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Headlight Issue.....But the bulb's in there....

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:51 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,488 Times in 1,397 Posts

Headlight Issue.....But the bulb's in there....

My neighbor asked me to help him with his lawn tractor. He said the headlight doesn't work. I asked if he checked the headlight bulb and I was told he did and he said "The bulb's in there".

Yea, it sure is..........Look at what I found

Some people, I SWEAR............

"Looks like its going to need extensive repairs. I would guess at least 5 hours of labor and probably a new "Thing-a-ma-jobber" and the "Right Handed What-cha-ma-call-it", I would think probably about $450 should cover the repairs......

OR, I guess I could put the bulb back in the socket.....after checking the bulb filaments as they are probably broken from it having been bouncing around in the front of the lens assembly for some time now..........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20190731_103508769_HDR.jpg  
    Last edited by SulleyBear; 07-31-2019 at 03:31 PM. Reason: spellain koraction

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:24 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,215 Posts
    Heh heh... just like the "Does your dog bite?" routine.
    glc, etcallhome, jdforever and 6 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:22 PM
    Thanks
    The real problem is that the wires from the socket rearbezel aren't long enough to reach the upper chingas of the bulb. Those bulbs are special and I don't think I've ever seen them for much less than $125ea. The other problem you may run into is that the lights may not work when the switch is in the O-F-F position. Anyway, Kubota has the wiring diagrams if you need them. Good luck, and stay properly grounded.
    glc, DRobinson, jdforever and 8 others like this.
    JD X738
    48" deck, 3pt hitch, 54" blade w/ full hydraulics, quick attach
    48" York rake, 56" box blade, mid row buster, dethatcher, aerator, 900lb roller
    Various Heavy Hitch adapters, ball hitch, hook, 2" sleeve hitch, etc..
    3200lb. hitch mounted winch
    Polar 1700 3/4 ton cart with side rails
    Power King 5" 15HP towable chipper

Kubota G2000S w/ 4w steering, hydraulics, 60" deck

Vietnam Veteran

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 10:14 PM
    Thanks
    I dont see the problem.......thats one of those new wi-fi wireless models.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:21 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    My neighbor asked me to help him with his lawn tractor. He said the headlight doesn't work. I asked if he checked the headlight bulb and I was told he did and he said "The bulb's in there".

Yea, it sure is..........Look at what I found

Some people, I SWEAR............

"Looks like its going to need extensive repairs. I would guess at least 5 hours of labor and probably a new "Thing-a-ma-jobber" and the "Right Handed What-cha-ma-call-it", I would think probably about $450 should cover the repairs......

OR, I guess I could put the bulb back in the socket.....after checking the bulb filaments as they are probably broken from it having been bouncing around in the front of the lens assembly for some time now..........
    So which government office does he hold?
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Thanks
    That's really sad. Classic case of inadequate light bulb lumen filter screen maintenance. It's obvious that most of the bound electrons have now disturbed the unattended electrons and severely caused reflector saturation. Probably going to need a new headlamp assembly to keep the hood balanced. But that's pretty bad, might need a new hood also.

See if your neighbor understands that when you tell him.
    glc, etcallhome, jdforever and 7 others like this.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    So which government office does he hold?
    He is in the "appliance industry". Seems like everyone is a "director" of something........I do know that he talks about "assessing new opportunities" for the company and then complains they never take any action........when I asked why, he replied "Because we don't have it in the budget".

Of course, then I have to ask, "Why bother to assess new opportunities if there is no budget to undertake them?" That seems to hit a real personal nerve about job security.....
    glc, etcallhome, rydplrs and 9 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kylew View Post
    That's really sad. Classic case of inadequate light bulb lumen filter screen maintenance. It's obvious that most of the bound electrons have now disturbed the unattended electrons and severely caused reflector saturation. Probably going to need a new headlamp assembly to keep the hood balanced. But that's pretty bad, might need a new hood also.

I will quote you and tell him that is the professional opinion of an actual, real live electrician who knows these things.....and he owns a John Deere. So, let's get the new parts on order...... on HIS credit card, of course......
    glc, etcallhome, jdforever and 5 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    I will quote you and tell him that is the professional opinion of an actual, real live electrician who knows these things.....and he owns a John Deere. So, let's get the new parts on order...... on HIS credit card, of course......
    Of course !

And you can let him keep the old bulb to take to work. You know, for use as a therapy bulb. Kinda like a therapy dog but uses less kibbles
    glc, etcallhome, jdforever and 6 others like this.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kylew View Post

Funny thing is he didn't say anything about the mower not working and I noticed the belt is completely gone....Probably laying in his yard, where the short grass ends and the long grass continues. But I have posted examples of his mowing prowess before, including one of my favorites as shown below.....

It should be noted the picture was taken the next day after he "finished" mowing.........I generously offered to provide mowing lessons after this specific episode as I really didn't know him before. Since that time, I think I have a new friend........

Oh boy.......

The good news is he now doesn't miss as much grass as he was. Before, I would give his mowing effort an F-, now he is hovering at a D level.........

Here's something really funny, he also wants to learn to play golf and he asked if I knew how to play and if I could give him any "pointers" on how to learn to play.........I was a scratch golfer when I played, so yes, I know a thing or two about the game. But I stopped playing after my multiple level lumbar spinal fusion as it largely eliminated my rotation and I would have to develop a new swing.

I might give him some pointers on his swing, which is more Mark McGuire than Tiger Woods. I really hate to see people struggle when you know they are doing some things very wrong and I know how to fix it. I guess helping others is my curse...........but he also has me thinking about taking up the game of golf again, the first time in about 15 years. I know my days of hitting the 1 iron 250 plus off the fairway are over, but maybe I might go to the range with him and see how things "shake out". No, better yet, I will meet him at the range so I can leave when I want / need to..........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20190622_120707391.jpg  
    glc, etcallhome, rydplrs and 6 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast