Well, the D140 has a new owner......
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Well, the D140 has a new owner......

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,418 Times in 1,355 Posts

Well, the D140 has a new owner......

I "flipped" the D140 I recently "inherited". Not actually "rolled it over", but thorougly cleaned and mechanically went through it and did the complete service, tune up, deck cleaning and touch up and new Gator blades and a new deck drive belt. A coat of wax, some tire shine and it was running strong and looking like brand new.

It took me exactly 6 hours to sell it, from the time I made it known it was for sale, until I had it sold. And I did extremely well with the sale. The guy showed up, wasn't here 10 minutes, I started the machine and he drove it around on the pavement and the driveway. He showed up with a dually Ford and an enclosed trailer, so I figured it was going home......

I am almost embarrassed to mention what I sold it for......New, they are $2,500 at the big box stores plus tax. This machine had 135 hours on it. I ended up getting 16 Ben Franklin's and one Ulysses Grant for it............

SCORE..... Mrs. Bear's advice was "Start high, they will likely low ball you." Well, I started high and the guy never flinched.

I had one guy offer me $500 for, it. Heis Actually, a new neighbor who let's say "likes to negotiate and counter offer everything". I flat out refused the neighbors offer. Best part of the entire thing was the neighbor was coming home when the guy was loading it on his trailer.

I even told the new owner what they sell for new, I showed him the website at HD. But he said "Yea, but they don't have any of these and I need one so I am fine with the price." So am I....So am I......

Hey, I did have $128.57 in the parts and about 3 hours of time cleaning and servicing it and making it look pretty. I am going to order him a new owners manual and a technical service manual, so I will have another $125 in the deal. I traded mowing the former owners lawn till the end of the season in exchange for the mower. And the former owner doesn't have irrigation so his lawn doesn't grow nearly as quickly as mine......

That worked out well.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20190806_190204918_TOP.jpg   IMG_20190806_190221211.jpg   IMG_20190806_190226338.jpg   IMG_20190806_190251144_HDR.jpg   IMG_20190806_190333345.jpg  

Last edited by SulleyBear; 08-08-2019 at 08:54 AM. Reason: koreaction on speallian
    glc, DRobinson, rtgt and 12 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 1,065 Posts
    Sulley Bear--sounds like now u have lots of extra cash on handto buy ya some of them there cigars u like-huh.

it did look good all shined up and all.
    glc, rtgt, rydplrs and 3 others like this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:07 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 1,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    I "flipped" the D140 I recently "inherited". Not actually "rolled it over", but thorougly cleaned and mechanically went through it and did the complete service, tune up, deck cleaning and touch up and new Gator blades and a new deck drive belt. A coat of wax, some tire shine and it was running strong and looking like brand new.
    Congrats on getting a good price. But... I couldn't help but notice the wet spots in the photos. Don't tell me you're one of THOSE guys. The latest Craigslist 101 Bible lists as #1 - "Make it wet before taking the photos".

My brother recently bought a used X300 from CL and it was dry in the photos. He joked with the guy about suspecting a scam because the tractor wasn't wet in the photo.

glc, DRobinson, rtgt and 6 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,214 Times in 1,379 Posts
    A new business opportunity for you, SulleyBear. Nice job on the recon and great job on the sale.
    glc, rydplrs, jdforever and 2 others like this.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 09:08 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    Congrats on getting a good price. But... I couldn't help but notice the wet spots in the photos. Don't tell me you're one of THOSE guys. The latest Craigslist 101 Bible lists as #1 - "Make it wet before taking the photos".

My brother recently bought a used X300 from CL and it was dry in the photos. He joked with the guy about suspecting a scam because the tractor wasn't wet in the photo.

I leave water in photos to be clear that this is the best it will look, so don’t expect better.
    glc, DRobinson, SulleyBear and 1 others like this.

8. Top | #6
    glc
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:36 PM
    Thanks
    Good deal Sully! Nothing like a well kept machine!
    Greg from western pa

2009 2520
    FEL/61" HD bucket/replaceable cutting edge
    62D2 MMM
    IMatch Quick Hitch
    A "REAL" snow blade ---- JD 380A modded to fit
    Homemade 3PT Receiver
    Homemade Ballast Box
    Woods GB65 Box Blade

2019 JOHN DEERE X390 with 48" ACCEL DEEP DECK

MY 2520 SE SEAT MOD:

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...d-for-the-2520

MY BALLAST BOX
    https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...llast-box.html

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    The guy who bought the mower called today with a question (actually about buying something else I might sell, not about his new mower). I asked him how he likes his new D140......He replied "It's still in the trailer, I didn't want to get it dirty, so I mowed with my old mower".....

SO, maybe it's a show tractor now..... Hope it's happy................the guy who bought it seemed to be.
    rydplrs, mark02tj and kylew like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post
    Sulley Bear--sounds like now u have lots of extra cash on handto buy ya some of them there cigars u like-huh.

it did look good all shined up and all.

I am working through the inventory in the new humidor, slowly......Sure is nice to have them kept perfect humidity, perfect temp. I only smoke one when mowing on my zero turn as I don't want any smoke inside my 1 series cab to get on the glass or in the headliner. No smoking in the garage and certainly not where it could get into Mrs. Bear's house......

Don't have any specific plans for the $$$$, just putting it away for a rainy day. There are a number of other things which I should be selling and making room. Next on the list, is my Harley Davidson. Too many distracted drivers out there for me to feel comfortable riding any more. Just read a report where there are now on average 9 people killed everyday in distracted driving crashes in America. That's over 3,000 people killed each year, just because some can't dare wait to see their latest Wastebook communication.

I haven't been around the Good Morning thread for awhile, so I hope you and Charley Boy and your wife are all doing well and enjoying the summer. Hopefully, Charlie Boy has been taking you to the cow so he can get his doggie ice cream. Also hope your wife hasn't been making any other grown men cry lately......Isn't that what happened to the barn painters who she was supervising at your house?

The real Sulley Bear sure likes her Peanut Butter Frosty Paw's after dinner each night, after she comes in from "Last call". Beasely doesn't like Frosty Paws, but she sure is crazy about dog rawhide chews called "Chewnola's". They are small rawhide rolls coated with something crunchy and she really likes them. She even gets an auto shipment of them each month from Chewy.com.......

Heck, I even had a sandwich for lunch today. I took a picture of it so I can post on ColonyPark's sandwich thread, as I don't eat sandwiches very often. But I had a hankering for a egg salad sandwich on toasted wheat bread......it was actually very good. Maybe I will turn over a new loaf...................().
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20190810_111619619.jpg  
    glc and rydplrs like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:07 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 1,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    The guy who bought the mower called today with a question (actually about buying something else I might sell, not about his new mower). I asked him how he likes his new D140......He replied "It's still in the trailer, I didn't want to get it dirty, so I mowed with my old mower".....

SO, maybe it's a show tractor now..... Hope it's happy................the guy who bought it seemed to be.
    But ya gotta admit... when you first answered and the guy said "This is the guy who bought your D140", the first thing that went through your mind was "Uh oh... what now". We've all been there. :-)
    rydplrs and FortClatsop like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    But ya gotta admit... when you first answered and the guy said "This is the guy who bought your D140", the first thing that went through your mind was "Uh oh... what now". We've all been there. :-)
    Actually, it wasn't....He is interested in a new drag I have which he saw when he was looking around the barn. I had bought the drag to use while putting in a new lawn for a neighbor and I never used it. I had told him he couldn't plan on pulling the drag with the D140 since it weighs about what the D140 weighs and the drag is longer than the D140.... It also reminded me to discourage him from any towing of heavy objects, ground engaging, etc. to keep the D140 healthy.

He had mentioned he has an old tractor which was his dad's, that he uses to pull a 3 point finish mower. He would pull the drag with that tractor. I asked him how big it was and he said he didn't know anything about it and had always wondered about it. The only thing he knows about the tractor, which his dad had as long as he could remember was it has a 4 cylinder diesel, was about 50 to 75 HP and it has a two speed rear PTO and he thought it was from the Soviet Union. I told him I did quite a bit of online research and would see what I could find.

I sent him details including pictures I found online for a Zetor made in Romania from 1974 to 1977 and distributed in the U.S. by Long as their 900. He was excited I found the details and is nearly positive that's the machine he has. I also included a receipt for the D140 for his records and I was checking to see if there was any coverage left on the extended warranty my neighbor bought from the Deere dealer when he bought the D140, which had just expired in July.

He appreciated the information and was excited I was able to find the details on his tractor. I think he might be a new tractor buddy.....Since there isn't likely a "Zetor Tractor Talks" forum, who knows, maybe he will join GTT now he has the D140....
    glc, jgayman and mark02tj like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast