• 1 Post By Ilovegreen
  • 1 Post By TJR345

Thread: X590 3 month review

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:02 AM
    Thanks

X590 3 month review

It's been 3 months and 30 hours having the X590. Twenty one years difference between the 98 345 that I had. Big improvements having the EFI over the carb is great.
    Some good things some not bad but different I would say.

For the good EFI can't say enough, tight turn radius, Accel deck great cut and stays clean, power mulch control is one of those goodies you treat yourself to.
    Some differences to the 345 would be the deck r and r and the tiller r and r.
    The 345 was easier even though the mounting systems are similar.
    The deck as mentioned before stays clean with little to no build up.The mulch kit does a great job chopping up the clippings to feed back into the lawn.
    The 30" tiller works great and the difference between the two seems to be the X590 spins the tiller faster and the EFI doesn't let the engine bog down.
    Overall the upgrade is great I really like this tractor and finding new differences all the time. If I ever upgrade the X595 to a 1025r it would have to have an Accel deck to start.
    glc, Gebada22, Ilovegreen and 1 others like this.
    Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 05:25 AM
    Thanks
    In addition to the big HP (and associated engine torque) jump from the 345 to X590 – the 590 has the constant speed governor. You don’t hear much about the electronic governor – but man it works as advertised!! The 25.5 HP engine in 590 is only Deere garden tractor with electronic governor. It adjusts the air fuel mixture much faster and efficiently than a mechanical governor on carburetor engine could ever do. That is especially helpful in heavy load conditions (like tilling) or snow blowing 4 foot high piles of snow/ice at end of driveway

How do you find the fuel consumption of the X590, in my case my 590 is more fuel efficient than wife’s 18.5 HP carburetor Kawasaki in her X310
    TJR345 likes this.
    John Deere X590- 47 inch Snow blower

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:02 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreen View Post
    In addition to the big HP (and associated engine torque) jump from the 345 to X590 – the 590 has the constant speed governor. You don’t hear much about the electronic governor – but man it works as advertised!! The 25.5 HP engine in 590 is only Deere garden tractor with electronic governor. It adjusts the air fuel mixture much faster and efficiently than a mechanical governor on carburetor engine could ever do. That is especially helpful in heavy load conditions (like tilling) or snow blowing 4 foot high piles of snow/ice at end of driveway

How do you find the fuel consumption of the X590, in my case my 590 is more fuel efficient than wife’s 18.5 HP carburetor Kawasaki in her X310
    The constant speed governor is really something. I let a spot in my yard go a couple of weeks to mow to see how it works. It's different how it ramps up the rpm's when more power is needed. With tilling that's when you really notice it. I can max out the depth of that tiller and it doesn't miss a beat. As for the fuel consumption it's getting better,in talking with others 50 hours is when they noticed a difference.
    Ilovegreen likes this.
    Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer