Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Another new X758 owner!

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-11-2019 @ 02:10 PM
    Thanks

Another new X758 owner!

After reading Yank's thread, I can't help but share my own excitement as I wait (patiently, patiently, grrrr) for my new X758 to arrive. The dealer has to order everything from Deere, so I guess at least I should hopefully get fresh stock. :-)

The decision between it and the 1025R was almost impossible and took a couple months of research and thought, especially since my neighbor has the 1025R and another down the street also just got one. But in the end, while I see the value of a FEL, and could certainly make use of it in a limited manner, I decided the X758's benefits were more important to me since my primary uses are going to be mowing and snow blowing, and I want the best for those tasks.

Got the 54" blower, 54" HC deck with mulch control & center wheel, rear electric spreader, and brush guard (for summer only I guess). Also got the electric deflector kit for the blower, a Deck Dolly, and a cheap JD poly trailer to supplement my ancient (and somewhat too small) 50.

I'm upgrading from an LX255 bought in 2000 that's still going strong but is just too underpowered for my new property, which in turn replaced an old Deere 68 rear engine. I can't remember a time in my life I haven't ridden a green mower, and I'm hoping the X758 will be the last one I ever need to buy - excepting having to upgrade to something bigger for some reason!
    Gizmo2, North585, fdmars and 12 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    09-11-2019 @ 11:40 AM
    Thanks

Many years of safe fun use
    SulleyBear and DaubsNU1 like this.
    Auguste . . . a blue collar guy working in a white collar world
    Rexton, New Brunswick, Canada

JD Tractor aka Bucky
    2018 1025r ~ New in April 2018

Accessories ~ Front End Loader ~ Backhoe ~ Mid-Mounter Mower ~ Box Blade ~ Fork Lift ~
    Roto Tiller ~ Chipper ~ Mulch Kit ~ Sub-soil Conditioner ~ Ballast Box ~ Plug Aerator ~
    Thatcherator ~ iMatch Quick Hitch ~ Landscape rake

Modifications Completed by Me ~ LED lights on roll bar ~ Mirrors ~ Shortened Rollbar to fit in Garage

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:11 PM
    Thanks
    You are going to love it. Mine rides like a dream. Took it thru my fields with 12 inch grass. Diesel engine never changed pitch. Beautiful cut. When you get it, drop your tire air pressure and level your deck. Don’t trust it from the store, mine was off east to west. Once you get it level, the cut is beautiful. Go ahead and order you filter and oil for your 8 hour change. Check your hydraulic fluid level at first and then after running for a few hours.
    Last edited by Yank; 09-03-2019 at 10:52 AM.
    SulleyBear likes this.
    Yancey

2017 2038R 220R loader
    Frontier 72” rear blade
    Frontier 60” box blade
    Frontier 65” tiller
    Frontier subsoiler
    Frontier 60” landplane
    Frontier 42” pallet forks
    Frontier 72” RC 2072
    HH toothbar KBOH’s bucket hooks
    2017 X580
    Model 80 trailer

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:18 AM
    Thanks
    Congrats My son has one and loves it.
    SulleyBear and DaubsNU1 like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    09-11-2019 @ 02:00 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank View Post
    Go ahead and order you filter and oil for your 8 hour change.
    The yanmar and the transaxle don't need to be changed until 50 on the x758.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:11 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    The yanmar and the transaxle don't need to be changed until 50 on the x758.
    I was speaking of the engine.
    SulleyBear likes this.
    Yancey

2017 2038R 220R loader
    Frontier 72” rear blade
    Frontier 60” box blade
    Frontier 65” tiller
    Frontier subsoiler
    Frontier 60” landplane
    Frontier 42” pallet forks
    Frontier 72” RC 2072
    HH toothbar KBOH’s bucket hooks
    2017 X580
    Model 80 trailer

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:41 AM
    Thanks
    Congratulations. I upgraded to an X738 about 60 days ago. It's everything I'll need until the dirt nap. I see you bought the electric spreader. I've owned one for a couple of years now and it does one hell of a good job. Just don't put anything wet or clumpy in it and you'll be all set. Good luck.

Did you get the 3pt hitch?
    SulleyBear likes this.
    JD X738
    48" deck, 3pt hitch, 54" blade w/ full hydraulics, quick attach
    48" York rake, 56" box blade, mid row buster, dethatcher, aerator, 900lb roller
    Various Heavy Hitch adapters, ball hitch, hook, 2" sleeve hitch, etc..
    3200lb. hitch mounted winch
    Polar 1700 3/4 ton cart with side rails
    Power King 5" 15HP towable chipper

Kubota G2000S w/ 4w steering, hydraulics, 60" deck

Vietnam Veteran

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,394 Posts
    Congratulations on your purchase. You have bought what I consider to be a world class machine and the premier L&G Tractor sold today of any brand. GTT member Yank has set a very good example. He very methodically worked through his selection process and sought input and ideas from others here on GTT. In the end, he selected the machine which best suits his needs and planned uses, which is precisely what each of us should do. Sounds like you have done the same.

With neighbors having 1025r's and likely at least one of them has a front end loader, you can always work out a deal and get the neighbor to help you with any FEL tasks which might arise. There will be times when using the two machines together really makes sense to efficiently complete a project. Neighbors working together and helping each other is a good thing.

One of my neighbors has a x738 and he and I help each other all of the time and it works out for all involved. He has me core aerate his lawn each fall and also when he has mulch delivered in the spring, I always stage it for him with the bucket and FEL to avoid him having to shovel it into his cart and then off load it where needed. He has the snow blower for his machine and while I plow our roads, he keeps the road banks blown back to maintain full width of the roads.

You are going to love your new machine and its going to give you decades of service. The balance and operation of your new machine is simply outstanding for a L&G machine. Make sure to share photo's with us when it arrives. Now, you will be finding options and accessories to help expand your machines value to you.

Of course, we also love to help other GTT members spend their money.....

Congratulations and hopefully you won't have to wait long for the delivery of your new machine....
    KDNitz, Yank, DaubsNU1 and 1 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,394 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifterbike View Post
    Congrats My son has one and loves it.
    How have you and your new 1025r getting along, DrifterBike? How many hours do you have on it now?

You also have a larger machine for handling many of the FEL tasks, etc. which if I recall, was a factor in your last trade and purchase.

I haven't seen you around here on GTT as often as I used to, perhaps we are just in different threads...... Hope all is well with you and your family. ........
    Yank likes this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    09-11-2019 @ 02:10 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBL View Post
    Congratulations. I upgraded to an X738 about 60 days ago. It's everything I'll need until the dirt nap. I see you bought the electric spreader. I've owned one for a couple of years now and it does one hell of a good job. Just don't put anything wet or clumpy in it and you'll be all set. Good luck.

Did you get the 3pt hitch?
    I hope to use the spreader basically for fertilizer in summer and ice melter and/or salt in winter, as I have a huge driveway that always turns into a sheet of ice. I bought the optional barrier for it, which is supposed to turn it into a drop spreader (so it's not flinging stuff everywhere).

Didn't get the 3pt hitch, as I don't actually have anything to hook up to it yet. I don't expect to do any tilling on this land, as the dirt is basically pure sand with a bit of topsoil on top. I'm debating various lawn implements like an aerator or dethatcher, but due to ground conditions neither seem too critical. Do you have it? What do you find it useful for?

Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Congratulations on your purchase. You have bought what I consider to be a world class machine and the premier L&G Tractor sold today of any brand. GTT member Yank has set a very good example. He very methodically worked through his selection process and sought input and ideas from others here on GTT. In the end, he selected the machine which best suits his needs and planned uses, which is precisely what each of us should do. Sounds like you have done the same.
    Yes! While I wasn't actively asking questions here, I spent a LOT of time reading threads and learning everything I could about all the plusses and minuses of both machines. My choice went back and forth numerous times as, for a while, one machine seemed significantly better than the other. But I now know exactly what I'm getting, exactly what I'm not getting, and I'm fully satisfied with my choice.

With neighbors having 1025r's and likely at least one of them has a front end loader, you can always work out a deal and get the neighbor to help you with any FEL tasks which might arise. There will be times when using the two machines together really makes sense to efficiently complete a project. Neighbors working together and helping each other is a good thing.
    Exactly! I figure if I really need the capabilities of a 1 series, I could borrow his tractor or ask him to help (he loves using it). We're always helping each other out like that - last winter when my ATV proved inadequate for clearing the huge amount of snow we got, he kept my driveway clear all winter with his FEL. This winter I hope to return the favor with my new blower. I also suspect I'll be mowing a few places on his property where the ROPS is a problem.

One of my neighbors has a x738 and he and I help each other all of the time and it works out for all involved. He has me core aerate his lawn each fall and also when he has mulch delivered in the spring, I always stage it for him with the bucket and FEL to avoid him having to shovel it into his cart and then off load it where needed. He has the snow blower for his machine and while I plow our roads, he keeps the road banks blown back to maintain full width of the roads.

You are going to love your new machine and its going to give you decades of service. The balance and operation of your new machine is simply outstanding for a L&G machine. Make sure to share photo's with us when it arrives. Now, you will be finding options and accessories to help expand your machines value to you.

Of course, we also love to help other GTT members spend their money.....

Congratulations and hopefully you won't have to wait long for the delivery of your new machine....
    Just heard from the dealer - my tractor is expected in Friday! Will still have to wait for it to be set up, etc...
    SulleyBear likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast