Like Tree7Likes

Thread: CTC Loader on x758 Hydraulic Coupler Issue

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 02:22 AM
    Thanks

CTC Loader on x758 Hydraulic Coupler Issue

Hi guys,

So I have used my new CTC loader for the second time. I must admit it’s tougher to mount compared to the 45 loader videos by Roy Rector etc

Anyways two issues.
    1:
    It never fully mounts equally to both sides of the mounting brackets. I’m told this is fine, it’s due to Deere and not CTC I’m that ‘each tractor is a little different’. I don’t know how normal this is but maybe people can chime in because I definitely don’t want one RAM working more than the other or the frame on the left taking more pain etc

On removing a hydraulic coupler the other day, I noticed the male coupler where the nipple depresses had something what looks like a black rubber o-ring coming out of it. When it disconnected the loader after turning off and moving the hydraulic levers to remove back pressure I took off the couplers with no issues. Then I manually was pushing the loader with my hands and hydraulic fluid came jetting out for no reason...

Again is this any way normal or what’s wrong?
    Rod at CTC says this must be an issue with my tractors hydraulic couplers, not his attachment. And maybe something wrong with my tractors quick hitch....?? He said he never saw the likes of a hydraulic coupler like this looking like this (see pics)

Any suggestions?

Also. I thought storing this on a concrete floor would make mounting easier but the mount just slides back and forth the concrete floor engraving it. It doesn’t seem happy to load on any surface whether it’s lawn, concrete or plywood...

Again the 45 loader had none of these issues.

Not complaining just looking for peoples experience and thoughts. I love the loader when it’s up and running
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 00B3A299-0D7A-4CC8-8E96-C53B3465639A_1567561813052.jpeg   C1DD403E-A61A-46A3-A908-228E34CD5A8D_1567561840066.jpeg  
    x758,
    Front Mounted Dethatcher
    Rear Aerator
    Cart
    Lawn Stripe Kit
    25G Click-n-Go Sprayer
    Rear 3-point-Hitch and PTO
    Snowblower

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:36 PM
    Thanks
    As for the hydro the o ring shouldn't be there. Check the female end coupler.
    DRobinson likes this.
    Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:28 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,024 Times in 2,506 Posts
    You have a bad male coupler, that's not CTC's, JD's, or whatever politician you want to name's fault, it just happens.

As far as the mounting issues, I can't help with that.
    Tractor Tim likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Thanks
    I agree, bad coupler. I think there is a way to replace the o-ring but last time I bought one, they were not that expensive and saved me the hassle of trying to figure out how to get the o-ring in there.

As for the mount. You have to remind me as I don't recall what years changed things. Older machines like my X585 have a large square hole (about 3"x3") cut through the frame which was there for the 45 series FEL and is also used by CTC for that mount that is added to the tractor. On mine I just had to pass this mount through the frame, adjusting some cables and lines I am sure, and then one bolt is placed through the tractor frame and a tab on the loader mount. It was a long time ago but I might have had to drill that hole or it didn't like up quite right. I just seem to remember having to drill something. Anyhow this bolt is just there to take out any slop and to keep the mount from falling out.

At some point John Deere deleted this large 3" square hole. Probably around the time that the 45 Series FEL was also discontinued. Not sure on the date but maybe around 2009. It has been a while now but after doing this they also changed the frame design. I think CTC went back to the drawing board and now has a mount that is of similar design, it has just had the middle 18" or so cut out and it mounts to the frame with mounting tabs. I have never installed one of these so I can't speak to if the new version just bolts to the frame with 4 or so bolts on each side, and if so, does it use existing holes? If so, and depending on what JD's intent with these holes, I can see that they may not be perfect. I doubt CTC convinced JD to add holes to the frame for their FEL mount to be bolted to. JD would rather sell you a 1 Series. Maybe they are locating holes used in the manufacture process or maybe they are designed for some other accessory, or you had to drill them.

Ultimately, I don't know how much it really matters. I would think that the only time you may see more stresses because it isn't fully seated on one side would be with the front bolts/pins that secure the FEL to the front bumper area or whatever you want to call that front part of the tractor. There could be more stress on that pin when doing work such as driving into a pile of dirt or rocks. Mine sits even on both sides so when I drive into it, I am most likely pushing more on that mount that passes through the frame. When lifting it is more of an up/down pressure on those rear mounts.

As for the stand. If you are concerned about damage to cement and such, get a chunk of plywood and put it down on that. Something like a half a sheet of 1/2" would work well. I don't take mine off much but if I do, I am normally in one of my outbuildings. It will scratch the cement a bit but nothing that bothers me that much. No way I am taking it off in the new garage.
    SulleyBear likes this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:23 AM
    Thanks
    I have the same issues with my CTC loader that I bought this year with my 2016 x738. I also had one of the male couplers pissing fluid from CTC. I have replaced all of mine with genuine JD male couplers. Never had a problem since. I think JD has better quality couplers.
    I keep my loader on 2 moving carts from harbor freight. Then I can move the loader around into position easily. When trying to install the loader I have the bucket against the stud wall inside my shed. Then I drive the tractor forward.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ultra7350 View Post
    I have the same issues with my CTC loader that I bought this year with my 2016 x738. I also had one of the male couplers pissing fluid from CTC. I have replaced all of mine with genuine JD male couplers. Never had a problem since. I think JD has better quality couplers.
    I keep my loader on 2 moving carts from harbor freight. Then I can move the loader around into position easily. When trying to install the loader I have the bucket against the stud wall inside my shed. Then I drive the tractor forward.
    Yes, having something sturdy to push against, makes it easier to connect the FEL.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 02:22 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ultra7350 View Post
    Hey thanks for this, it’s reassuring to hear you’ve the same issues

Would you mind sending me a picture of how you store your CTC loader? I did buy furniture moving carts, but when this was on a pallet I had to remove it from the pallet to mount so I was hesitant about dismounting it again on a pallet or furniture dolly. But a photo would help.

Also, do you happen to know the part numbers for that order for the John Deere couplers?

Thanks
    x758,
    Front Mounted Dethatcher
    Rear Aerator
    Cart
    Lawn Stripe Kit
    25G Click-n-Go Sprayer
    Rear 3-point-Hitch and PTO
    Snowblower

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:23 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eire1916 View Post
    Hey thanks for this, it’s reassuring to hear you’ve the same issues

Would you mind sending me a picture of how you store your CTC loader? I did buy furniture moving carts, but when this was on a pallet I had to remove it from the pallet to mount so I was hesitant about dismounting it again on a pallet or furniture dolly. But a photo would help.

Also, do you happen to know the part numbers for that order for the John Deere couplers?

Thanks
    I can post a picture later today when I get home.

The part number is AM37983. I bought mine from a seller from eBay for $12.77 each. Free shipping. I also bought a spare coupler just in case. I don't like being broken down if it ever happens again. My JD snow blade came with these male couplers. Never had a problem after 3 winters.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,481 Times in 1,391 Posts
    Loader Mount Issues
    To have the rear mount on one side fully in the "pocket" of the bracket (for lack of a better description) and the other side not fully seated as you have shown in the photo would concern me as well. It looks like its out of position by perhaps an 1" or so?

Personally, I have trouble thinking that Deere has something that far out of square or parallel on the tractor frame as to result in the issue you are showing.

Does the position of the mount on the pin you have pictured change when the bucket is raised, loaded or the machine is in use?

How about when you are pushing the bucket against a fixed object or when installing the loader?

Is it ever fully forward in the mount you have pictured (on that side of the tractor)?

If you get a chance, would you take a few more photos of the mount area in question, showing it from underneath, how the mount attaches to the tractor, etc. that would be helpful.

Hydraulic Fittings / Couplers
    As far as the hydraulic coupler goes, every now and then you find a defective one. That's a simple issue and not one to stress over. I do always keep spare male and female couplers (set) for just that reason. When one does leak or fail, its handy to be able to repair it right away and continue as it often seems like it fails right when you need it...............Once in awhile, its a simple issue such as a piece of dirt stuck in the valve which can be cleaned and removed. Usually, if the coupling is giving you trouble, its going to keep giving you trouble.

Also, when I remove a defective coupling, I throw it away so it doesn't end up back among the "good or new" parts......

Kenny, at Ken's Bolt on Hooks, has some really good PLUGS for the hydraulic couplings which actually stay on the fittings and keep them clean and free of dirt. Any dirt in the couplings is bound to cause trouble and keeping them well covered is the best way to prevent dirt from accumulating.

Click on the link above for the hydraulic couplings in the previous paragraph and about half way down the page, Ken has the Male and Female Protective Plugs and Caps. The 1/4" caps and plugs are $3 each and this is the size you need.

These actually fit inside the female couplings and snugly to the male fittings. When used correctly, they don't come off nor do they allow dirt inside the fitting. They come with a nice metal chain on them, but I usually remove the chain and just keep the plugs and covers in the tractor tool box when not in use so they are there when I need them. These are vastly superior to the covers John Deere uses.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Thanks
    This is not the first complaint I have heard about warped CTC loaders. If the problem was with the tractor it would also effect the 45.
    DRobinson likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast