What did you do on or to your John Deere GT today - Page 192
Page 192 of 214 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 190 191 192 193 194 202 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 2140
Like Tree10059Likes

Thread: What did you do on or to your John Deere GT today

  1. Top | #1911
    so.fulton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    08-19-2019 @ 11:40 AM
    Location
    Western Illinois
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Finally....... the box blade, aerator, and quick hitch arrived at the dealer and I made the trip to pick them up. Happy camper about that! Everything looks good. That box blade is a beast.

    I also mowed with the zero turn, and I have come to the conclusion that I wasted my time and gas rolling the yard. The largest portion of it seems just as rough or rougher than before I rolled it. I think the problem (one of them) is the roller is too small to really do any good. Next year Iíll invest in a bigger roller and hopefully itíll have some effect on the yard. In the meantime Iíll sell the wimpy one.
    mjncad, Levi, KDNitz and 3 others like this.
    Michael


    2018 X738 w/54Ē deck
    3 PH/17P Cart/Tow behind A-F Spreader/Tow behind 31 gal Sprayer
    Land Pride Core Aerator, Box Blade, and Quick Hitch

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #1912
    TJR345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Location
    Area 51 in Cambria,NY
    Posts
    3,731
    Thanks
    415
    Thanked 477 Times in 368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by so.fulton View Post
    Finally....... the box blade, aerator, and quick hitch arrived at the dealer and I made the trip to pick them up. Happy camper about that! Everything looks good. That box blade is a beast.

    I also mowed with the zero turn, and I have come to the conclusion that I wasted my time and gas rolling the yard. The largest portion of it seems just as rough or rougher than before I rolled it. I think the problem (one of them) is the roller is too small to really do any good. Next year Iíll invest in a bigger roller and hopefully itíll have some effect on the yard. In the meantime Iíll sell the wimpy one.
    If the tractor weighs more than the roller,all you end up with is ruts.Timing is everything also,it has to be moist enough to smooth out yet dry enough not to cause ruts or tear the lawn.
    mjncad, DRobinson, Levi and 2 others like this.
    Tom

    2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

  4. Top | #1913
    so.fulton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    08-19-2019 @ 11:40 AM
    Location
    Western Illinois
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJR345 View Post
    If the tractor weighs more than the roller,all you end up with is ruts.Timing is everything also,it has to be moist enough to smooth out yet dry enough not to cause ruts or tear the lawn.
    That’s exactly the thing Tom. The first mowing was at right angles to the rolling, and I could feel every pass I made with the tractor. A little fore thought should have told me when the tractor weighs more than the roller, and is wider than the roller, all I would end up with is the tracks from the tires. For this season it was a matter of using what I had for a roller. I hope to find not only a heavier roller but one as wide or wider than the tractor for next year.

    One like yours would be sweet, but I doubt I could get that past the finance officer.
    Last edited by so.fulton; 04-17-2019 at 09:08 PM.
    mjncad, Levi and TJR345 like this.
    Michael


    2018 X738 w/54Ē deck
    3 PH/17P Cart/Tow behind A-F Spreader/Tow behind 31 gal Sprayer
    Land Pride Core Aerator, Box Blade, and Quick Hitch

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #1914
    mjncad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Location
    Front Range of Colorado
    Posts
    6,912
    Thanks
    1,767
    Thanked 544 Times in 429 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by so.fulton View Post
    One like yours would be sweet, but I doubt I could get that past the finance officer.
    Have the finance officer roll the lawn with the current unit, and I'll bet she'll change her mind pretty quickly. If not, then you are in the long term doghouse and didn't know it.
    DRobinson, Levi, TJR345 and 2 others like this.
    I have more ideas than ambition.


  7. Top | #1915
    TJR345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Location
    Area 51 in Cambria,NY
    Posts
    3,731
    Thanks
    415
    Thanked 477 Times in 368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by so.fulton View Post
    Thatís exactly the thing Tom. The first mowing was at right angles to the rolling, and I could feel every pass I made with the tractor. A little fore thought should have told me when the tractor weighs more than the roller, and is wider than the roller, all I would end up with is the tracks from the tires. For this season it was a matter of using what I had for a roller. I hope to find not only a heavier roller but one as wide or wider than the tractor for next year.

    One like yours would be sweet, but I doubt I could get that past the finance officer.
    I looked and saved up for a year.Nobody local had any and no weld shop was interested in making one.Found Turf time equipment and bought that and had it shipped.60" wide weighs 1400 lbs full. It's the LR 2460.
    Heavy Duty Turf Rollers | Turf Equipment | New Holland PA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1184.JPG
    Tom

    2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

  8. Top | #1916

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:52 AM
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,231
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 84 Times in 80 Posts
    Damn! That's a beefy roller. And here I've been hesitant to drop $250 on one...

    Rob
    rydplrs, Levi, TJR345 and 2 others like this.
    2016 x758 w/60" HC mower, 54" snowblower, MC519 bagger
    2010 2520 w/61" H130 loader, TA 42" forks, KK 60" Pro tiller, iMatch quick hitch, KK middle buster
    1996 345 - Traded
    Other toys: Stihl BR600 backpack blower; McCulloch chainsaws: 10-10S, 700, 805, 10-10; JD trimmer

    2520:__________________________x758:__________________________Faithful 345:___________________

  9. Top | #1917

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:45 PM
    Location
    Southern Maine
    Posts
    7,465
    Thanks
    599
    Thanked 701 Times in 589 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by so.fulton View Post
    Thatís exactly the thing Tom. The first mowing was at right angles to the rolling, and I could feel every pass I made with the tractor. A little fore thought should have told me when the tractor weighs more than the roller, and is wider than the roller, all I would end up with is the tracks from the tires. For this season it was a matter of using what I had for a roller. I hope to find not only a heavier roller but one as wide or wider than the tractor for next year.

    One like yours would be sweet, but I doubt I could get that past the finance officer.
    Do you need help photoshopping gizmos weighted beer can?

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    Damn! That's a beefy roller. And here I've been hesitant to drop $250 on one...

    Rob
    I sold a big brinly for $50. Iíd consider it the hardest attachment I have ever sold. I may try to borrow it back
    mjncad, Levi, TJR345 and 1 others like this.

  10. Top | #1918

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    666
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 51 Times in 40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by so.fulton View Post
    Finally....... the box blade, aerator, and quick hitch arrived at the dealer and I made the trip to pick them up. Happy camper about that! Everything looks good. That box blade is a beast.

    I also mowed with the zero turn, and I have come to the conclusion that I wasted my time and gas rolling the yard. The largest portion of it seems just as rough or rougher than before I rolled it. I think the problem (one of them) is the roller is too small to really do any good. Next year Iíll invest in a bigger roller and hopefully itíll have some effect on the yard. In the meantime Iíll sell the wimpy one.
    Tow behind aerator or a 3pt lift one?
    rydplrs and Levi like this.
    2017 John Deere x758 w/54" HC mower, 14bu powerflow, 4-way QH, FM dethatcher, 18 steel cart, CTA 66" blade
    2018 Ariens Hydro Pro EFI 28" #313 926068 - SOLD
    2017 Ariens 24" Platinum SHO EFI 921053 - SOLD

  11. Top | #1919
    so.fulton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    08-19-2019 @ 11:40 AM
    Location
    Western Illinois
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rydplrs View Post
    Do you need help photoshopping gizmos weighted beer can?
    Iíve read enough of the forum to realize Gizmo is quite the character around here, but Iím not familiar with his weighted beer can. Iíll have to check that out.

    Quote Originally Posted by nastorino View Post
    Tow behind aerator or a 3pt lift one?
    The 3pt one. Land Prideís CA1548.
    Levi likes this.
    Michael


    2018 X738 w/54Ē deck
    3 PH/17P Cart/Tow behind A-F Spreader/Tow behind 31 gal Sprayer
    Land Pride Core Aerator, Box Blade, and Quick Hitch

  12. Top | #1920

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    666
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 51 Times in 40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by so.fulton View Post
    Iíve read enough of the forum to realize Gizmo is quite the character around here, but Iím not familiar with his weighted beer can. Iíll have to check that out.



    The 3pt one. Land Prideís CA1548.

    If you don't mind me asking what does that CA1548 cost? Did you consider the 56" model?
    2017 John Deere x758 w/54" HC mower, 14bu powerflow, 4-way QH, FM dethatcher, 18 steel cart, CTA 66" blade
    2018 Ariens Hydro Pro EFI 28" #313 926068 - SOLD
    2017 Ariens 24" Platinum SHO EFI 921053 - SOLD

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 192 of 214 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 190 191 192 193 194 202 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts