Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2140
Like Tree10054Likes

Thread: What did you do on or to your John Deere GT today

1. Top | #2111

Last Online
    08-23-2019 @ 09:14 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TJR345 View Post
    The center scalp on a deck that is factory installed sits about the same. My old 345 with the 54" deck only would touch on some pretty uneven ground. As far as the metallic sound is there a way the try to duplicate it, try sticking a bar under the deck on each side and lift it to bounce it as if you were moving and see if you can narrow it down that way.
    My 54HC deck didn't come with a center scalp. I found the one for my deck serial number last year through our forum sponsor. I'm pissed I drilled a hole through the deck and it's not fitting properly.
    2017 John Deere x758 w/54" HC mower, 14bu powerflow, 4-way QH, FM dethatcher, 18 steel cart, CTA 66" blade
    2018 Ariens Hydro Pro EFI 28" #313 926068 - SOLD
    2017 Ariens 24" Platinum SHO EFI 921053 - SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2112
    MFL

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:23 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nastorino View Post
    My gut told me it was the mulch kit but I had a hard time believing that. For what we are paying for it I hoped it hasn't as pathetic as that but i guess that really is the cheapest thing to rattle on these machines so I should be happy If you wouldn't mind snapping a pic that would be awesome.

The chute plug has that little split that it does and it lacks any through bolts so that does certainly make sense. I understand they used a thicker gauge steel so they didn't need to put through bolts everywhere but when you're spinning at that speed I'm sure there is still some deflection of that steel. I just leveled the deck last week and it is absolutely sitting on all the lift points, prior to leveling one of the linkages wasn't doing anything. I can definitely pop some more grease in the anti scalp wheel shafts.

I was extremely impressed with how fine it cut. When I drove up one my driveway only a little grass came out and what did was in fine slivers of grass that had balled up.
    This is what I had and used. It is a metal lined trim for protecting edges.Not the cleanest but stopped all rattling. The mower seems very quiet now, more so than side discharge and definitely quieter than bagging.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PsKv4V+hS8imHz1K8y9K3g.jpg   WcUMfRisQT2tM%JK9NaU8g.jpg  

4. Top | #2113

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MFL View Post
    This is what I had and used. It is a metal lined trim for protecting edges.Not the cleanest but stopped all rattling. The mower seems very quiet now, more so than side discharge and definitely quieter than bagging.
    Thanks I'll see what I can find around my place.
    2017 John Deere x758 w/54" HC mower, 14bu powerflow, 4-way QH, FM dethatcher, 18 steel cart, CTA 66" blade

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #2114
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:25 PM
    Thanks
    My 54HC deck didn't come with a center scalp. I found the one for my deck serial number last year through our forum sponsor. I'm pissed I drilled a hole through the deck and it's not fitting properly.
    Yes I know,it seems to be an engineering screw up. I think it's the only deck that is 48" and larger that doesn't have one.
    Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

7. Top | #2115

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TJR345 View Post
    Yes I know,it seems to be an engineering screw up. I think it's the only deck that is 48" and larger that doesn't have one.
    I'm hoping someone knows whats going on with the fitment other than the jig is the wrong size, which means I drilled holes in the wrong spot. I'll call the dealer if no one recognizes whats up with it.

8. Top | #2116

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Thanks
    I fired up the x475 for lawn duty, and used the 420 to move the trailer to save edging. It needed to run, and it needs to move back inside. I can’t enjoy the space even in summer.
    ColonyPark likes this.

9. Top | #2117
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:25 PM
    Thanks
    I'm hoping someone knows whats going on with the fitment other than the jig is the wrong size, which means I drilled holes in the wrong spot. I'll call the dealer if no one recognizes whats up with it.
    Looking at both my decks the center scalp wheel hangs down about the same distance as yours.
    Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

10. Top | #2118

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Thanks
    My back was pretty shot this weekend, and we had a really big tree branch fall in the front yard so I strapped it up to the ol JD and dragged it to the back yard.
    Last night I had a dream that I let the wife drive the 260 home from my parents house, I still don't know why it was driven that far, and people were driving off the road to avoid hitting her, she got to a subdivision and ran two stop signs and ran over a bicyclist:

11. Top | #2119

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:01 PM
    Thanks
    My FIL who cuts 2-6 acres around his small farm using his x758 with a 60HC and on demand mulching kit, was considering adding the Ballard X-blades to his machine. I've been kicking around the idea of adding them to my machine with my new full time mulch kit to see what additional cut performance I get. I did place a phone call into the vendor to see what they recommend for blades and was told they like a flat one on the bottom and the G6 on top.

Has anyone tried using this Ballard X-blade setup? https://www.ballard-inc.com/product/x-blade-three/

Attachment 696454
    I don't understand why your FIL believes an X set up would be necessary.... Tell him to get off YouTube
    I run my X758 with the 60HC/Mulch kit. Using the factory blades sucks a pretty big one. Buy a set of the gator blades. The only time I ever start wishing for a little more is when they start to dull. I mow/mulch everything. Twigs, sticks, branches, rocks, ratchet straps, bungee chords, kids toys, dog toys. On average I cut about 3-4 inches of grass off. Around 30 hours of mowing in between sharpening. Once there's nothing to hit after spring though, they stay sharp a while.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    CJadamec likes this.

12. Top | #2120

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:01 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CJadamec View Post
    Its not a dead short fault you worry about with the wire over heating. Its a partial short or using something that will actually pull over 30 amps for a length of time you need to worry about. 40-50 amps for any length of time will heat up that wire in a hurry.

Primary fuses and circuit breakers are used to protect the wire not the device that's attached to the end of the wire. A 30 or 35 amp fuse would be a much better suited choice to protect that wire from overheating.
    Quote Originally Posted by duramaxsky View Post
    I agree. I would never dues 10 gauge wire any higher than 30 amp.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    To make all the old folks happy, I installed a 30 amp breaker in the of the 50

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements