Loose belt on D130

Thread: Loose belt on D130

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-17-2015 @ 05:03 PM
    Thanks

Loose belt on D130

Hey gang, I'm new to the forum and am needing some assistance with troubleshooting a problem I recently came across.
    I have had my D130 for about 2 years now and haven't had a single problem with it since purchase. However, just recently I've realized that when I engage the blades and my deck is in the transport position, everything is fine. But when I start lowering the deck, the blades gradually lose power and the belt becomes very loose. I tried adjusting the tension at the cable bracket on the deck, but it hasn't helped. I've also replaced the belt thinking my old one was just worn out, no luck with that either. Does anyone out there have an idea what could be causing the belt to loosen when i lower the deck?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:27 PM
    Thanks
    Is the idler/tensioner engaging for the full range and is the spring for it in place? Make sure it isn't bound up (usually with grass clippings and such) so that it swings through it's full range. That's the only thing that provides the tension once the blades are engaged.

(I'm assuming that you got the proper belt routing when you replaced the belt here...)
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    Is the idler/tensioner engaging for the full range and is the spring for it in place? Make sure it isn't bound up (usually with grass clippings and such) so that it swings through it's full range. That's the only thing that provides the tension once the blades are engaged.

(I'm assuming that you got the proper belt routing when you replaced the belt here...)
    Jim hit the only two nails I can think of on the head. Ensure your routing is proper (and the belt sits properly on the guides and spindles) and make sure the tensioner on the tractor operates fully and the belt is sitting in it properly.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements