• 2 Post By tj1

Thread: X758 front end chatter

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-20-2019 @ 08:34 PM
    Thanks

Question X758 front end chatter

Hi all,

Question, i just bought a new jd x758. I been driving it around and noticed a very annoying chatter comming from the front end. I dont exactly know how to explaine the noise, happens on certain angles of turning. Slight turns i mean pitting little pressure on the wheel, also on with quick speedups and slow downs. I had a service guy come look at it today. He acknowledges the issue but can put his finger on it. Is this a normal sound? Anyone have a x758 and experience this? Am i being to picky? I dont believe is should make this sound maybe its normal?

I dont know i never owned one any would be great about this machine.

Best regards
    Bdionne
    Last edited by Bdionne; 08-18-2015 at 09:11 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,584 Posts
    Just a dumb question , even after the tech checked it out.... Is the hyd oil level full in the front axle ??

I use a x585 every week or so and have never hear any type noise from front end. I'm sure the x758 is a different setup than the x585 but just saying.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Thanks
    The front drive of my X739 makes some growling/chattering noise on high speed acceleration/decelerations but I haven't really noticed it during normal use. The service department said it was normal as they have tested other AWD X's that do the same.

When I changed out the hydro fluid on the front end it looked perfectly clean with no sign of metal particles so I'm guessing they may be right, just a noise the hydraulic drives make.
    Last edited by eric102; 08-19-2015 at 10:33 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    tj1
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eric102 View Post
    The front drive of my X739 makes some growling/chattering noise on high speed acceleration/decelerations but I haven't really noticed it during normal use. The service department said it was normal as they have tested other AWD X's that do the same.

When I changed out the hydro fluid on the front end it looked perfectly clean with no sign of metal particles so I'm guessing they may be right, just a noise the hydraulic drives make.
    My X738 does the same thing, I think it is the hydraulic drive too as Eric stated. Also make sure you keep that little arm on your right hand side (drivers seat facing forward) free moving, that is the control that cuts the fluid on turns to the front wheels.. Let us know if you find out something different please..
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    06-20-2019 @ 08:34 PM
    Thanks

Thumbs up Thanks for the info

So i did check my Oil as suggested by etcallhome. Seems that the oil is not even registering on the dip stick. The deck was already pulled to the top height when i put it in my garage last night. I read the forum this morning and ran to the garage and checked that out. The oil dip stick was not even registering, oil stick was bone dry. I then proceeded to call dealer. They are sending someone out immediately to check and fill. Thanks for the heads up etcallhome.

Also to the others thanks for confirming that noise. makes me fell allot better.

Bdionne
    johnH123 likes this.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    12-21-2017 @ 02:52 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdionne View Post
    So i did check my Oil as suggested by etcallhome. Seems that the oil is not even registering on the dip stick. The deck was already pulled to the top height when i put it in my garage last night. I read the forum this morning and ran to the garage and checked that out. The oil dip stick was not even registering, oil stick was bone dry. I then proceeded to call dealer. They are sending someone out immediately to check and fill. Thanks for the heads up etcallhome.

Also to the others thanks for confirming that noise. makes me fell allot better.

Bdionne

Just so I'm clear. You are talking about the front axle fluid level...right?

Phil
    Phil d

2014 1025r, FEL, 54D mmm, 647 Tiller, 54" Quick Hitch Blower, Power Flow MCS, JD Aeriator, JD Dethatcher.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D View Post
    Just so I'm clear. You are talking about the front axle fluid level...right?

Phil
    There's only one place to check the fluid, on the main hydro unit under the seat. The front end is driven hydraulically by that reservoir, no drive shafts.
    Last edited by eric102; 08-19-2015 at 02:47 PM.
    tj1 likes this.

10. Top | #8
    tj1
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eric102 View Post
    There's only one place to check the fluid, on the main hydro unit under the seat. The front end is driven hydraulically by that reservoir, no drive shafts.
    Eric, Mine was low too when I first received shipment, one of my friends told me to check it but I failed to do so, you buy a new tractor it should be set up by the dealer right? Wrong, they ship them out and go to the next one.. That's just crappy dealer service in my opinion.. Mine was making all kinds of noise to the point I was thinking I do not want this tractor and should have went orange like my backhoe, I even looked for help on this site (which I received in spades).. Fill it to the correct level and BAM noise gone.. Now I am glad, and did check everything on my machine after that,, even changed the engine oil, air filter, spark plugs, everything you would do with a 50 hour tune up.. Why chance anything else after that.. Now I am happy I bought
    the Green Machine.. Snowblower, that was another horror show, great now after spending out of my own pocket because JD dealer said there was nothing wrong,, BS.. and JD corporate didn't even acknowledge my mail.. The dealer.. could have cared less.. You complain and you are a pesky customer.. Anyone asking me where I bought it I tell them and I also tell them do not go to that dealer... That's fair in my opinion.. Good luck with your machine..
    Superglidesport and johnH123 like this.
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements