Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By HouseMouse

Thread: LA145 wont start but cranks

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-28-2015 @ 03:17 PM
    Thanks

LA145 wont start but cranks

Im trying to fix the in laws LA145. Its the 48" 22hp B&S. It turns over fine but wont fire. I have confirmed fuel comes out of pump, filter is new, plugs are new. I can hear the fuel shut off solenoid click every time the key is turned on and off, but haven't removed it yet. It will start and run if I spray starting fluid into intake. Im guessing the carb is gummed up. What you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 07:38 AM
    Thanks
    In my previous life I owned an LA-145. It had over 350Hours on it when it went to the next owner. Decent tractor that never gave me a problem. "If" I were you, I would start with Inspecting and cleaning the complete fuel system which includes rebuilding the carburetor.
    mjncad and gbnpp05 like this.
    2017 Ford F350, 6.7, DRW, 4x4.

1026R with block heater and Curtis Cab, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks combo, 54" Front Mount snow blower, 60" MMM, H-120 FEL, Ballast Box, 100Lbs wheel weights, BB2048, sprayer with 7' boom, Front Mount HeavyHitch, John Deere tow behind spreader, 260 Backhoe With BXPanded Thumbs, Bro-Tek 1.5" Spacers.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Today I blew air through the fuel line after the pump, then poured seafoam into the line. It then ran ok for about 10 minutes before quitting again. So I'm fairly confident its the carb, or the fuel pump is pumping intermittently.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Thanks
    As HouseMouse suggested, check the entire fuel system from tank to carb. I had a L-130 that exhibited all the same problems you're having. A new filter and fuel pump didn't help, and the carb was as clean as a whistle. I was getting a little bit of gas; but not enough. I blew air back through the line from the filter to the tank and had a gas geyser. I sold the blasted thing to a gear head buddy and he found out the fuel hose from the tank to the filter had rotted away enough to form a check valve. New hose and he's happy. Damn ethanol gas!
    I have more ideas than ambition.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    OK thank you. I will check fuel lines next.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements