LA100 hard to shift in gear

Thread: LA100 hard to shift in gear

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-04-2015 @ 12:36 PM
    Thanks

LA100 hard to shift in gear

Hey guys. I've been having a nagging problem with my old LA100 mower with manual transmission. It is extremely hard to shift into and out of gear. It feels like the lever will not move at all but after tugging on it back and forth and perhaps a little bit of rocking of the mower it eventually will get into gear or back in neutral depending on what I'm trying to accomplish.

The mower is probably getting to be 8-9 years old but is in pretty good shape except for this issue. The mower did get flooded a few years back as we had a day of 18" of rain and the mower is housed in a shed that's at pretty much the worse spot for flooding to occur. I think that this is when the problem occurred. I've dragged my feet on bringing it to the repair shop as I have always seemed to be able to get it to work.

I'm not a mechanic but I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty. Is there something I can do to get this shifter working smoother? Is there something I can service or lube? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:21 AM
    Thanks
    That transmission has MANY parts inside! A new transmission is only $360.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements