lx 280 slow

Thread: lx 280 slow

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-05-2015 @ 06:40 AM
    Thanks

lx 280 slow

been noticing that my lx280 is getting slower taking longer to mow acreage. Last night was pulling a rented aerator it is a heavy bastard. Tractor was barely moving stopped to check what was wrong and could see fluid coming out of rear end. Do you think I damaged transmission.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott5 View Post
    been noticing that my lx280 is getting slower taking longer to mow acreage. Last night was pulling a rented aerator it is a heavy bastard. Tractor was barely moving stopped to check what was wrong and could see fluid coming out of rear end. Do you think I damaged transmission.

According to this TractorData.com John Deere LX280 tractor transmission information. Your LX has a Tuff Torque K62 hydro trans. These are generally regarded as good units and should have good parts availability and information available for repairs.

Search around on google and YouTube for a walkthru on repairs of common issues and maybe call TT to see what parts are available.
    Last edited by balrog006; 09-08-2015 at 05:35 PM.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements