325 deck height adjustment, cutting grass too low!

Thread: 325 deck height adjustment, cutting grass too low!

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-09-2015 @ 12:19 PM
    Thanks

325 deck height adjustment, cutting grass too low!

325 garden tractor

I prefer cutting my grass higher than most and its well beyond what the turn dial knob allows. I followed another thread with a similar model and turned what I believe to be adjustment links. It did help but I still want it higher. On the thread I was referencing they mentioned the stops bottoming out on the deck/frame when its at max height, this didnt seem to apply on my mower.

Any tips?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:01 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,288 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MowinMurphy View Post
    325 garden tractor

I prefer cutting my grass higher than most and its well beyond what the turn dial knob allows. I followed another thread with a similar model and turned what I believe to be adjustment links. It did help but I still want it higher. On the thread I was referencing they mentioned the stops bottoming out on the deck/frame when its at max height, this didnt seem to apply on my mower.

Any tips?
    Do you have an operator's manual for your mower? If not, there may be an online version at JohnÂ*Deere Products & Services. The OM will show instructions for leveling and adjusting the mower deck. And, there is a possibility that it will not cut as high as you want to cut.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DRobinson For This Useful Post:

MowinMurphy (09-06-2015)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    09-09-2015 @ 12:19 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    Do you have an operator's manual for your mower? If not, there may be an online version at JohnÂ*Deere Products & Services. The OM will show instructions for leveling and adjusting the mower deck. And, there is a possibility that it will not cut as high as you want to cut.
    Yes I also referenced my manual and it was limiting. I dont recall it explaining much in detail. I wonder if anyone fimilar with this model can provide real world instructions?

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements