Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chuckv

Thread: X495 Front or Rear PTO connection

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-08-2015 @ 11:36 AM
    Thanks

X495 Front or Rear PTO connection

I've got a X495 with a mower deck that is working, on occasion. This has been an ongoing problem and when you think you've got it licked it pops up again. The docs show a solenoid for the front and rear PTO. One on the rear of the case one on the drivers left case side. I checked the rear one and it looks OK 10 ohms. Which of these actually runs the deck and might be suspect, the one on the rear or the one on the side? The side mounted one looks as though access would be a PITA, hoping it's the rear one. I am considering going with a shotgun approach and replace the conrtol board and any relays associated to the deck and stumbling on the problem if only by accident. Any suggestions being more specific in nature you might have steming from previous experiences, would be most appreciated.

Rgds,
    Ray

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Thanks
    Ray,

The mower deck does run off the "front PTO". --see page 406 of the TM2024.

Both the PTO over-temperature circuitry and the RIO circuitry can cause intermittent PTO engagement. What specifics have caused you to focus on the solenoid itself? Here is the electrical section from the TM2024 in case you otherwise do not have access to it. There are good troubleshooting sections around pages 165 to 175 or so that might be helpful. Let us know what you find...

X495 electrical op and diag from TM2024.pdf

Chuck
    Last edited by Chuckv; 09-07-2015 at 10:02 AM.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    09-08-2015 @ 11:36 AM
    Thanks
    Well, just when you thought it couldn't get worse, it started to work for no apparent reason!! Guess I'll have to wait for it to unfix itself so I can fix it. Or something like that.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Thanks
    Ray,

Glad to hear that it is functioning now. Sounds much more like a loose connection than a failed component -- but keep us posted on what you find if it acts up again.

Chuck
    etcallhome likes this.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    08-18-2017 @ 06:15 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckv View Post
    Ray,

Glad to hear that it is functioning now. Sounds much more like a loose connection than a failed component -- but keep us posted on what you find if it acts up again.

Chuck
    Ray,

This condition seems to be similar that occured on my 425. The trouble was a relay not making contact at times, connected to the ignition switch. To test this, try taping the relays on this circuit board while the PTO is on.

Good Luck,
    JD3X
    (Len)

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    09-20-2019 @ 05:45 AM
    Thanks
    I had a similar problem with my X575 and it ended up being the pto switch on the dash. The only thing though is mine had the added symptom of sometimes it would not turn over then suddenly work fine for a while then start all over again.

Adam
    2019 2025R, H120 Loader, 260b Backhoe, 47 QH Snow BLower, EL23 Kuhn Tiller, I-match, Heavy Hitch and misc. attachments

2016 X758, 54" HC mower, Quick Hitch, 60" blade, 3 pt hitch

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements