• 1 Post By etcallhome
  • 1 Post By JimR

Thread: Adapting a 44" Blade to my X324

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-11-2015 @ 10:07 AM
    Thanks

Adapting a 44" Blade to my X324

So I picked up a JD 44" Blade on CL. It was only $100, and like new. But....then I realized it doesn't fit my X324. So, I went to look for JD parts for the blade that I need. The part prices are ridiculous through JD. One 2" x 4" bracket was $182. so, there's no hope in buying the parts that I need to adapt the blade to my tractor.

I should probably just find out what model it does fit and flip it on CL...

I'll post a few pics of what I have this evening.

Any other thoughts/ideas??

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 09:07 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HighTower View Post

A perfect excuse to learn metal fab??

A Gravely blade on a Cub Cadet,,,,

The rear axle attachment I made,,,

I always wanted a rear axle push snow plow, and I did not want a Wheel Horse or Gravely tractor,,, so,,,,,

Metal fab is a great hobby,,, and you now have an excuse!!
    etcallhome and Gizmo2 like this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:50 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,401 Times in 1,543 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CADplans View Post
    A perfect excuse to learn metal fab??

A Gravely blade on a Cub Cadet,,,,

The rear axle attachment I made,,,

I always wanted a rear axle push snow plow, and I did not want a Wheel Horse or Gravely tractor,,, so,,,,,

Metal fab is a great hobby,,, and you now have an excuse!!
    Like your fab job. , no picture but , FIL has a MF1655 (37-38 yrs old) . MF (Snapper) used a long shaft from back to front for their tractors . Instead of going around the axle like yours. The u channel just runs front back of blade like yours to the rear hitch. Then a Grade 8 3/4 or 1" bolt about 3-4 " long and metal sleeve around bolt and then bolt through the hole where your ball is located. Used the tractor every year for guessing 25-30 yrs plowing snow,gravel, dirt and anything else never bent a bolt or broke a bolt.
    CADplans likes this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:49 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HighTower View Post
    So I picked up a JD 44" Blade on CL. It was only $100, and like new. But....then I realized it doesn't fit my X324. So, I went to look for JD parts for the blade that I need. The part prices are ridiculous through JD. One 2" x 4" bracket was $182. so, there's no hope in buying the parts that I need to adapt the blade to my tractor.

I should probably just find out what model it does fit and flip it on CL...

I'll post a few pics of what I have this evening.

Yep. Someone else had a thread yesterday in the "Wanted to Buy" section asking about a plow for his x300. As I mentioned there, the plow for the x300 machines are unique to that series. So you either have to find a plow from another x300 or fab up your own. Parts from other series machines won't help you any.
    CADplans likes this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    06-21-2019 @ 10:29 PM
    Thanks

x324 blade question

I question whether the x324 K58 trans is up to the task of pushing a blade around. The x324 is not intended to be a garden tractor, and the trans in it is not much better than the k46, which has been much discussed and lamented on this web site. I have an x324 also, and the only thing I have used it for besides grass cutting is hauling around a grass sweeper. Anyone else care to remark ?

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    09-11-2015 @ 10:07 AM
    Thanks
    Metal fab...hmmm.

I was looking for a good excuse to buy some new tools. Thanks

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    08-15-2019 @ 09:30 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timothy View Post
    I question whether the x324 K58 trans is up to the task of pushing a blade around. The x324 is not intended to be a garden tractor, and the trans in it is not much better than the k46, which has been much discussed and lamented on this web site. I have an x324 also, and the only thing I have used it for besides grass cutting is hauling around a grass sweeper. Anyone else care to remark ?
    I think properly set up (weights, chain), a blade would be fine on a X320/X324 with the K58- I'd be surprised Deere would offer a 44" blade setup if it were so detrimental to the tranny. I use a 44" snowblower on my own '07 X320 and it's been through some hellish winters ( 4' to 6' drifts, subzero temps) and after 835+ hours, it still works like a champ. It's no garden tractor to be sure but it is one tough lawn tractor.
    Last edited by jc21; 09-11-2015 at 04:27 PM.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements