94 425 low engine speed with PTO - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 94 425 low engine speed with PTO

1. Top | #11

Last Online
    06-04-2016 @ 10:11 PM
    Thanks
    I'm wondering about an update on this thread. Anything truly fixed and repaired on the issue?

Ware I am at;
    On my 345, with new carb, fuel pump, fuel lines, fuel filter, pick up tube in the tank. I threw in the towel and let an older guy look at it. The next Saturday He said it was done and take it home and, my problem was the fuel filter was on backwards. "Ohh ok.... I'm a dumb @ss." So I Took it to his daughter's place about 2 miles up the road and same issue. He looked at the fuel pump and said I had it connected wrong. "I'm not sure how that is because I mowed 10+ acres with the pump that way but... fix it." As it started up, I saw the fuel filter with gas pumping towards the tank. From their "I" looked at the fuel filter and the arrow was going to the tank. not the engine. So after the fuel pump back to the tank for a while, it has been fine with about 2 acres of mowing on it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #12

Last Online
    05-12-2019 @ 05:45 PM
    Thanks
    Here is a update. Tore the engine Down for a rebuild replaced all the seals and gaskets. Rebuilt the carb. Also once tore down we found the key way on the flywheel and crank shaft was wore out and bad. It was wore down about .005". Causing the flywheel to be loose on the crank. Got a bigger key cut and a matching key. Put it all back together and now it runs great and smooth.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2