L108

Thread: L108

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-10-2011 @ 06:10 AM
    Thanks

Angry L108

when i turn ignition on i blow a fuse. ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    08-04-2017 @ 04:58 AM
    Thanks
    to much current draw... check for short (bad wire insulation) one or more of the ignition switches wire tabs touching each other due to damage, rough handling or shade tree mechanic working on machine, frozen engine or starter motor, wrong size fuse.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks

L108

The fuse is the same size that has always been in there. I did take the ignition switch apart. It has been stored outside this summer. How do you check for frozen engine or starter motor? Could outside storage do this? I didn't see any damage to wires.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks

L108

Also, my battery hasn't been holding a charge for the last few months. I've been trickle charging it everytime i started it. Any
    connection there?

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scottw67 View Post
    The fuse is the same size that has always been in there. I did take the ignition switch apart. It has been stored outside this summer. How do you check for frozen engine or starter motor? Could outside storage do this? I didn't see any damage to wires.
    scott the last time you ran the mower was the engine running OK? If it was then it's probably not a frozen engine.

I'm not fimiliar with your machine so I hate to give troubleshooting advice that could cause damage to your machine or you to injure yourself.

We have experienced people here that can guide you safely through the troubleshooting process, someone will be along, keep checking your thread.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    yes, it ran fine. i did my usual mowing then shut the machine down. yesterday, nothing. lokked at ignition switch then put it back together. put in new fuse and it made a sound like it wanted to start but it blew the fuse. tried two more and same thing. thanks for replying. i will wait. thanks again.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scottw67 View Post
    yes, it ran fine. i did my usual mowing then shut the machine down. yesterday, nothing. lokked at ignition switch then put it back together. put in new fuse and it made a sound like it wanted to start but it blew the fuse. tried two more and same thing. thanks for replying. i will wait. thanks again.
    Scott I don't know the depth of your mechanicle abilities or your machine, it's not sensible or safe for me to guide you through troubleshooting procedures. If I knew your machine things would be different, glad you understand and thanks back at ya.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    03-19-2013 @ 06:20 PM
    Sainte Genevieve, Missouri, United States
    Thanks
    Scott,
    I, finally, got a chance to respond to your post. In your early post, you said that the fuse blows when the ignition is turned on. In later posts, you state that the fuse blows after the engine starts to crank. I will assume that the later post is correct. It sounds like a starter issue, but could be a relay, safety switch or a chaffed wire. Check out these drawings. Holler back if you need more input.
    Click image for larger version.

Name:	l108_1.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	4462Click image for larger version.

Name:	l108_2.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	4463

P.S. They almost line up
    Thanks,
    Kevin

Master Service Technician, John Deere AG, North America
    Advanced Service Technician, John Deere C&CE, North America

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, have done so much, for so long, with so little that we can now do anything with nothing.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements