• 2 Post By tj1

Thread: safety product improvement program

1. Top | #1
    tj1
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Thanks

safety product improvement program

Just received a certified mailing from my dealer concerning my 2014 X738 Regarding a safety product improvement with the mower lift linkage. Doesn't give any more information except that it is very important to have this taken care of.. Anyone else get one of these? I am wondering if this is an upgrade you pay for or a real legitimate safety issue paid for by JD? This notice is very vague..

I will call tomorrow to see what this is all about and I hope they don't give me this 4 hour trucking fee thing as they have in the past.. This time of year is not cool to be without your machine! They have two mobile technicians but always tell me they need to bring it in. I haven't had any issues with my mower lift linkage.. Jeff
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Thanks
    Mine was done a week ago by a dealer mechanic that stopped by my house. They will sometimes do that when they are doing another job nearby.

Takes about 15 minutes to replace the 2 half round bushings the deck leveling screws sit in. No charge of course.

The mechanic said they have had a couple of machines come in where the bushings had failed and the decks fell off.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,584 Posts
    From the sounds of the repair , maybe the dealer could mail you the new parts and you send them the old parts. Both parties win..
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    tj1
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eric102 View Post
    Mine was done a week ago by a dealer mechanic that stopped by my house. They will sometimes do that when they are doing another job nearby.

Takes about 15 minutes to replace the 2 half round bushings the deck leveling screws sit in. No charge of course.

The mechanic said they have had a couple of machines come in where the bushings had failed and the decks fell off.
    Thanks Eric, I called the dealer yesterday before I went to my night job and you are exactly right. The service manager told me the same thing and they are coming out Friday morning to replace the parts free of charge. I can't imagine the deck falling off while mowing! Dropping down to the deck wheels I can see. I'll keep the old parts as back ups just I case.. They said the same thing 15 minutes.. I have to ask what the heck are the bushings are made of? White metal! Thanks for the replies from both of you.. I did read that some of them were breaking and I don't remember where I read that, maybe on this forum awhile back.. Chinese steel? Jeff
    etcallhome likes this.
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Thanks
    The mechanic said the 2 they have seen fail were on heavy use commercial type situations. One of them was a cemetery where the deck was always scraping or hitting tombstones.

8. Top | #6
    tj1
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eric102 View Post
    The mechanic said the 2 they have seen fail were on heavy use commercial type situations. One of them was a cemetery where the deck was always scraping or hitting tombstones.
    Interesting anyone would scrape or bump into a tombstone,, obviously an employee and not the person who bought the machine! Maybe an inadvertent bump sometimes but to get that close? Get a weed whacker! We had a guy at our towns cemetery that would run over anything in the mowers path, Veterans metal markers; gone and twisted up, flags; pieces, forget flower pots. My wife used to get so mad at this guy she actually went to his house with a bill for destroying a metal crafted and hand painted sunflower she had made for her brothers grave (he loved sunflowers).. he refused so she went to the cemetery commissions house and the worker was let go at the next meeting.. When my other half is mad,, you better hide! Blonde and English! and way taller then the little mower guy that looks like Harry Potter!!! I have stated before I have seen her hit a logger so hard on his shoulder he winced in pain and kept rubbing that spot right on that bone! He pulled her bra strap thinking he was funny and if she didn't do it I would have and he wouldn't have just winced ether.. Reminds me of another episode if I may. We were in Maine at a little diner named Moodies, and there were three loggers at the little counter where they have pies (we were in a booth right behind them) and this guy farts and I said hey, do you know you farted in front of my wife and he turns around and says; well if I knew it was her turn I'd a waited!! Yup.. that's why I love Maine! Not much to do with this thread I guess.. But funny to say the least.. I am glad she didn't start, it would have turned out pretty bad on my end!
    There are two things that you can't win, three against one with loggers in a fight unless you are Jean Claude Van Dame; and car full of nuns in court!
    DRobinson and HydroHarold like this.
    Jeff

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements