• 1 Post By UnionSchnauzer
  • 1 Post By tj1

Thread: Has anyone added AUX lights to a X475 series tractor

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-17-2019 @ 11:39 AM
    Thanks

Has anyone added AUX lights to a X475 series tractor

im looking at adding a pair of L.E.D aux lights to my X475 for winter snow plowing. Any help or suggestions would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    The front lens of led lights usually don't get hot enough to melt snow & ice. All the heat is in the back bucket of the light. A regular halogen light will work better.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    09-03-2019 @ 07:52 PM
    Thanks
    I have been playing around with LED's on my X728. I have installed a Cozy Cab on it and its sole purpose is snow blowing.

I have replaced the head lamps with some I found on eBay. They did not last long. There is not many manufactures who make LED replacements for the R136239 (GE 894). I re-installed the original incandescent headlamps. There is plenty of engine heat despite the snow blowing and since the tractor doesn't travel very fast, I have no issues with LED's. Just cheaply made.

The tail lights and the back up lights plus some sweet amber 3Watt warning flashers (used for emergency vehicles) and some 15Watt aux work lights. All found at: superbrightleds.com

I also replaced all the marker lights and tail lights on my Chevy work van, it has a service body installed on it.

I have no issues with any of them so for. Been around two years on the van and used everyday. The tractor only during the winter of course.

The amber flashers mounted on the cab corners like the real John Deere's and the 15Watt aux work lights at the lower corners of the cab towards the snow thrower. Helps light the area below the head lamps, and the corners of the 47" snow thrower.

Good luck,

isaac
    Paul Y. likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    tj1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:29 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bgdv1 View Post
    im looking at adding a pair of L.E.D aux lights to my X475 for winter snow plowing. Any help or suggestions would be great.

I have an X738 and tried the front headlights with my blower on and if I wanted to go blind I would have kept them on! The halogens are so bright that the reflection from the yellow spout was a killer. I have a Curtis hard side cab and bought two LED lights for the top of the cab that JD recommended. Not so bright, used them last year all thru the snow season but I just ordered two halogen lights, 55 watts from Northern like I have on the rear so I can see backing up, to replace those LEDs. I have a sander on the back and the rear taillights get blocked so I had to install a cab mounted light.. The two front headlights that come with the tractor are bright as all get out and these are almost direct replacements for those halogens.. they draw 4 amps each so I will not worry about blowing fuses in the cab mounted fuse block I also bought from Curtis thru GFP's.. As soon as they arrive I will be swapping out the lights.. I do unplug the headlights to save amps and my eyes. I also have the extra 20amp alternator too so I have 40 amps altogether.. never had a problem blowing fuses with everything running.. The LED's were okay but not great. Go for halogens, there is no comparison. I never had an issue with snow sticking to the LED lights as mentioned and believe me when the snow gets blowing it comes from all directions even with a linear actuator on the diverter.. Good luck.. I also paid around 150 bucks for the LED kit too compared to 28 a piece for the halogens.. One more thing, if you don't have a interior fuse block, get one. One wire from the battery and you never have to go back and run any more wires for things like cab lights etc, I have a 30amp fuse at the battery.. Jeff
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    06-25-2016 @ 07:43 AM
    Thanks
    I have X748 with Curtis hard cab and blow snow for my business and I'm going on my 3rd winter with LEDs lights that are 3 watt and 600 lumens on the cab and stock headlights. They do get some snow on they but I found it not to bad. IF you are to are going to get LEDs go with ones that have a higher lumen rating. Check out this website www.superbrightleds.com

Scott

2003 X495 with 4300 plus hrs. 62c, 47" blower
    2007 X748 Curtis hard side cab, 47" blower, 54" blade, 52" broom
    LX178
    1830 with 146 loader

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements