Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Snowblower questions

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-20-2015 @ 04:01 PM
    Thanks

Snowblower questions

Hey guys I've got an 05 LA110 riding mower. I'm looking at buying a used 44" snowblower for it. Has anyone used this setup? I live in the north country and can get a good amount of snow some years. I'll be using it to clear a way to the road which is 300ft away. Any insight is greatly appreciated

Also would anyone know by chance if this will fit my rider for sure?

JOHN DEERE 42 inch snowblower for John Deere tractor. Would consider selling | Bismarck, ND Classifieds

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:11 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,458 Times in 1,583 Posts
    Welcome from West Virginia

Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:36 PM
    Thanks

Ask the seller for the model/serial number off of that blower. If it begins with "GX0422X" then it should be a direct fit for you machine.
    Superglidesport likes this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    The serial number does match up with the ones you stated. Thanks so much. Sounds like it should work then

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    09-14-2019 @ 10:27 PM
    Thanks

snow thrower

I had a JD single stage snow blower in the past. My opinion, if you are looking at a single stage snow blower, I, personally, think it is a waste of money. Unless JD has changed them dramatically, the blower does not spin fast enough running directly off of the tractor PTO to blow heavy or wet snow, although it is just fine for light, flakey stuff immediately after it reaches the ground. You will get plenty tired of stopping to clear snow jams with a single stage blower. I ended up using the blower more as a snow plow than a blower.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    The blower he's looking at is 2 stage. John Deere also makes a power lift for them. I would look into that also. The long lever to put the 46" plow on my old L108 up & down would give my left arm a real work out. The 44" snow blower also uses the same type of set up.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Ok thanks. What else would I need. Pretty new to this. He said the weights, and tire chains are included.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    03-01-2016 @ 05:28 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timothy View Post
    I had a JD single stage snow blower in the past. My opinion, if you are looking at a single stage snow blower, I, personally, think it is a waste of money. Unless JD has changed them dramatically, the blower does not spin fast enough running directly off of the tractor PTO to blow heavy or wet snow, although it is just fine for light, flakey stuff immediately after it reaches the ground. You will get plenty tired of stopping to clear snow jams with a single stage blower. I ended up using the blower more as a snow plow than a blower.
    I use a single stage currently. It does well in the wet with a upgraded pully.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    You need a Weight bracket that mounts to the back of the tractor. That will hold 2- 42 pound suitcase weights. That, chains and my fat ass will I ever used. When I sold her I left the weight bracket on for the guy but kept the suitcase weights.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    It comes with the weight bracket also. Sounds like I should be good to go. Thanks.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast