John Deere 180 - Need installation diagram for installing M00 246X snowblower

Thread: John Deere 180 - Need installation diagram for installing M00 246X snowblower

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    12-17-2017 @ 09:35 AM
    Thanks

John Deere 180 - Need installation diagram for installing M00 246X snowblower

Greetings friends- As I haven't yet found a plow or snow blower locally that fits my budget for my new JD 425 , when a MO246OX came up on Craigslist for a good price ($75.00), I somehow remembered that it would fit my reliable old 180. So before attempting to install the blower on the tractor, I took off the inspection cover on the chain drive and cleaned and lubed the chain along with a general cleaning and lubrication of the machine. I now have the blower attached in the front, the mule drive attached mid-ships, and I believe the belt routed properly to spin the auger in the correct direction. The parts that have me slightly confused are the two metal "stabilizer" bars that attach on either side of the tractor. I figured out where they go , but I'm just not sure if they mount over or under the mule drive attachment point (if that makes sense?). In any case, I've searched all over the internet, watched a bunch of useless videos , but all I really need is a simple schematic/diagram to show me the attachment points. Any idea where I can find one??? Thank you, Paul
    Last edited by wpod; 11-18-2015 at 07:24 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    06-22-2016 @ 09:29 AM
    Thanks
    I have the same model blower attached to my 165. The frame braces install before the mule drive. Here's a couple pics of the mule drive mounting bracket installed over the frame brace. I hope the pics are clear enough. Disclaimer...These are pics of someone else's tractor, not mine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mule Mount.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	87625 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wgyrm9.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	87633

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    12-17-2017 @ 09:35 AM
    Thanks

Thanks for the pics and......

I'm going to try to add a few of my own. The trickiest thing was determining which way the two longitudinal support bars were positioned as they would fit in a couple of different ways. I finally think that I've got it the way it is supposed to be. As you can tell from the pics, the bars get installed BEFORE the mules drive gets installed. Thanks, PaulClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0238.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	725.4 KB 
ID:	89161Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0232.jpg 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	89169Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0236.jpg 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	89177

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements