I'll start with the L/60 "Custom":
This was my first modified tractor. It started as a JD model 60 lawn tractor that I found by way of an area "trading paper". The 6HP Tecumseh was a blown replacement with spots of JB Weld on the block. I stripped the tractor down to bare frame. Since there is no "direct-fit" replacement engine available, I found a used 8 HP Briggs locally & fitted it to the frame. The ammo box is the battery/switch box. I had a pair of used 110/112 hubs bored out & keyed to fit the rear axles & found a pair of 5x12" wheels for the rear. The fronts are 6" rims w/tri-rib "tedder" tires. I had to make an extension to raise the front to level it. The rear fenders are trailer fenders.
The idea was to make it look somewhat like a model 62 or un-styled "L". It is mostly for tractor shows, but does get some use at home for light towing. ~~ grnspot