Need a favor from 4x4 x7** series w/snowblower owners please...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Need a favor from 4x4 x7** series w/snowblower owners please...

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    07-07-2019 @ 09:24 PM
    Thanks

Need a favor from 4x4 x7** series w/snowblower owners please...

Could I get someone with a snowblower on their x700 series 4x4 to take a few measurements and/or get some part numbers off their setup for me? I'd like to know 1) how far out the axle housing the front PTO shaft extends at both the front and back of the housing. So what is the measurement from the axle housing to the end of the shaft where the blower shaft slides on (front) and where the mid PTO shaft slides on (rear.) Also, can someone pull a part number off their blower shaft? Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

I'm finding a few quick hitches and blowers that might fit my x758, but no one is sure. I have a QH off a 2305 currently for my 54" plow, but if memory serves me correctly, that QH is not the same length front to back as the QH meant for my x758. So if I buy a blower for my x758, the blower driveshaft may not fit properly due to my quick hitch length. I measured my hitch today and a hitch that was on an x720 at the dealership with a 47" blower mounted, and there's about 2" in length difference between the two.
    TJR345 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    04-08-2016 @ 02:07 PM
    Thanks
    Just measured the PTO shaft out from the housing:
    Front: 3 1/2"
    Rear: 4 3/8"

Don't have a drive shaft part number. Not specified in the manual.

This is on my 2015 X739 w/ 47" Quick Hitch Snow Blower.
    Last edited by ecdecker; 12-13-2015 at 12:23 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ecdecker For This Useful Post:

Gizmo2 (12-13-2015)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ecdecker View Post

Awesome, thank you very much for the help, decker!
    ecdecker likes this.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:28 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,954 Times in 2,914 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ecdecker View Post

Nice first post.
    Welcome to GTT.
    ecdecker likes this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Nice first post.
    Welcome to GTT.
    Damn, mobile version doesn't show post counts. Welcome to the forums, decker. And thank you again!
    BigJim55 likes this.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 6shooter For This Useful Post:

Gizmo2 (12-13-2015)

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:37 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,496 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6shooter View Post
    Could I get someone with a snowblower on their x700 series 4x4 to take a few measurements and/or get some part numbers off their setup for me? I'd like to know 1) how far out the axle housing the front PTO shaft extends at both the front and back of the housing. So what is the measurement from the axle housing to the end of the shaft where the blower shaft slides on (front) and where the mid PTO shaft slides on (rear.) Also, can someone pull a part number off their blower shaft? Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

I'm finding a few quick hitches and blowers that might fit my x758, but no one is sure. I have a QH off a 2305 currently for my 54" plow, but if memory serves me correctly, that QH is not the same length front to back as the QH meant for my x758. So if I buy a blower for my x758, the blower driveshaft may not fit properly due to my quick hitch length. I measured my hitch today and a hitch that was on an x720 at the dealership with a 47" blower mounted, and there's about 2" in length difference between the two.
    The John Deere Parts lookup lists the 47" two stage snow thrower PTO shaft as the "Universal PTO Shaft AM132903". This is the shaft that is actually on the snow thrower and attaches to the front of the tractor after passing through the Quick Hitch. This is listed as fitting the thrower used on all X series tractors with the shaft driven 47" thrower. Here is the link to the actual listing

John Deere - Parts Catalog

Here is the link to the Mid PTO drive shaft which provides the part numbers and costs, The entire kit is Item Number 3015 which retails for $329. Here is that link

https://configurator.deere.com/servl...=1474M&sbu=CCE

According to the site, the upstop and front drive units for the X700 series are different part numbers than for the 2305 as clearly the quick hitch units are different than one another. While the actual upstop is the same for the 47" blower since that piece bolts onto the blower itself, the front PTO drive shafts are different. Here is that link;

https://configurator.deere.com/servl...=1474M&sbu=CCE

There has been a Mid PTO drive shaft for an X700 series for sale on Craigslist in Grand Rapids, Michigan for some time. Here is the link for the Quick Hitch and the Mid PTO shaft for sale for $995 which is certainly not a bargain. The quick hitch does NOT have the angling cylinder, which you don't need, but they are nice to have if you ever plow OR you could remove it and sell it reducing the cost. At $995 for the parts shown, it is only $615 retail for the new quick hitch and another $329 for the MID PTO so the $995 is only about $50 off the total new price less tax and shipping.

John Deere Quick Hitch

Now here is a MID PTO Shaft for the x700 series for the 4x4 tractors and I spoke to this guy via Email and verified the information he has listed. Actually, he had it listed incorrectly and I had him measure it and then it made sense what it fit. This is a good deal at the price for $125. If this is what you need, you maybe able to get him to ship it to you as I have done this a number of times on John Deere stuff on Craigslist and everyone I have dealt with has been honest and very fair, which is NOT always the case.

John Deere PTO Shaft for Snowblower

Hope this helps.
    6shooter and Drifterbike like this.

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    04-08-2016 @ 02:07 PM
    Thanks
    You're welcome, happy to help! Can't wait for the first snow storm.
    Gizmo2 likes this.

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for the in depth info, sulley. The guy I was talking to locally ended up telling me he'd take no less than $1900 for JUST the blower itself, no shafts or hitch or anything, which to me is just way out of the question. The dealership told me they'll sell attachments for 1/2 of retail, so for me to get a complete setup from them used, shafts hitch and blower, would be around $2000. I'll hold out for that. The way this winter is going, I won't need to clear any snow, anyway. I was hoping I could keep my existing hitch, which has the angle cylinder, but has a pin to drop in to lock the frame straight. Just do that, then disconnect the angle cylinder lines and plug in the ones for the chute. It'd be nice to just get a blower and some shafts instead of a whole other hitch. I guess we'll see what pops up. Thanks for the help, guys.
    TJR345 likes this.

13. Top | #9
    tj1
    Last Online
    09-20-2019 @ 02:29 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 6shooter View Post
    Thanks for the in depth info, sulley. The guy I was talking to locally ended up telling me he'd take no less than $1900 for JUST the blower itself, no shafts or hitch or anything, which to me is just way out of the question. The dealership told me they'll sell attachments for 1/2 of retail, so for me to get a complete setup from them used, shafts hitch and blower, would be around $2000. I'll hold out for that. The way this winter is going, I won't need to clear any snow, anyway. I was hoping I could keep my existing hitch, which has the angle cylinder, but has a pin to drop in to lock the frame straight. Just do that, then disconnect the angle cylinder lines and plug in the ones for the chute. It'd be nice to just get a blower and some shafts instead of a whole other hitch. I guess we'll see what pops up. Thanks for the help, guys.
    Now you did it. We are seeing snow tomorrow in fact. I don't see why you can't keep your hitch and do what you said; put the pin in so the unit stays straight then just unplug the angle cylinder lines and plug in the chute rotator. One less buck to spend and they don't give those away!.. Good luck.
    By the way, Sulley is one of the more helpful guys on this site.. We probably have 10 people at any given time that can get you info and up and running in no time.. It's a great site with great knowledgeable people. Jeff
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Haha, it finally snowed today in western NY! Not enough to plow, but it's a start. The reason I'm worried about my hitch and the shaft interchangeability is because the 2305 hitch I'm running is 1) a different length than the one built for the x758, so that may affect shaft length and 2) I've been told that the 2305 hitch I have shouldn't even fit my tractor at all. So I don't know what the deal is. I'll just keep looking for a good deal on used stuff and see what pops up. And yes, there are a handful of guys around here I've seen that are very knowledgable and helpful, and it's certainly appreciated.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast