Electrical Problems JD 185

Thread: Electrical Problems JD 185

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    12-26-2015 @ 10:18 PM
    Thanks

Electrical Problems JD 185

Went out to help a new neighbor get up his leaves, but when I stopped the blades, couldn't get them going again. I had this problem before due to the battery not charging, at which point I replaced a bad voltage regulator. Today I tested the regulator by starting the engine and measured output with a multimeter and it was charging at 14+ volts.

I turned off the engine, but when I try to restart it, nothing. No cranking, no battery or oil lights, no power to anything. Yet the battery is fully charged. I've got the PTO switch turned off, depressed the brake (hydro's in neutral) and I'm sitting in the seat.

I checked the fuse and it's fine. What would you check next? PTO? Ignition?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:09 AM
    Thanks
    It could be numerous things. Case in point, I bought my son-in-law a LT150 before the summer started to mow the yard in their rental place. It ran great all summer long. I went a couple of weeks ago to bring it back here as he only had an open car port to store it in and they wasn't there half the time. It started up a couple of times here until this past Wednesday, which case nothing happened when you turn the key. It turned out to be a loose spade connection to the solenoid. So, check all connections, safety switches, and check the pto for voltage and adjustment. It could be almost anything in the electrical circuit, so you have to trouble shoot the system.

BTW, I moved this to the proper forum, which is the general L&G section.
    Without ice cream, there will be darkness and chaos!
    Olympian Don Kardong

1965 110s, 1966 110, 1967 112, 2001 LT150, 2003 GT245, 2004 GX345, 2006 X320

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements