Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: John Deere X300 with 44" blower throws belt

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    01-08-2016 @ 08:27 AM
    Thanks

John Deere X300 with 44" blower throws belt

Newly purchased and professionally installed blower consistently throws belt. Throws off main drive after running for two minutes. As you can see on video, due to the angle of the belt it is being forced off the main drive. Trying to get back to dealer but looking for suggestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,296 Times in 2,584 Posts

Thumbs up Welcome to GTT!

Do you not have any belt gaurds/guides near the engine sheave?
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    Do you not have any belt gaurds/guides near the engine sheave?
    No I don't. It was dealer installed but there are not any guards on the main drive pulley. There are guides on the two smaller pulleys. I believe they are called shieves.
    Should the blower have come with a belt guide on the main drive?

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I'm not an expert on these machines by any means, but I did some poking around in JDParts.com and found this. It's the front implement drive for a 2015 x300 (SAB10022)

Does yours look like this?

- Jason

2720 w/ 200CX FEL

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Yes it does but this doesn't show the main drive pulley.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    From your video it looks like the engine drives a belt directly to the blower. This diagram shows a jack-shaft and a shorter belt. This has another pulley/sheave that drives your snowblower. See the two belts? one is dramatically shorter than the one that goes to the blower.

Again, I'm not familiar with your machine and I could be looking up the wrong stuff on JDParts. Your dealer should be involved so they can correct the issue.
    Jeff B likes this.
    - Jason

2720 w/ 200CX FEL

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Understood
    There is only one belt that drives the blower. It is driven by the main pulley off the engine. That is the same pulley that the belt keeps coming off. I agree that it needs a belt guide to keep it on that pulley when the angle of the belt changes.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    10-23-2017 @ 06:29 PM
    Thanks
    I also have a JD 44 blower on my 2013 X310. I have had lots of problems with the belt on mine to. Mine doesn't throw the belt off, but the belt wears out prematurely like in about 10 hours of use. JD is having problems with this blower and my local dealer gave me about 5 pages of "Tips" from JD to possibly fix the problem. I don't have them with me now as my manual is at my hobby farm. I kind of fixed mine by bending the bracket that holds one of sheave pulleys so it better lines up with the drive pulley on the engine. Looking at your video, it seems that when you drop the blower, it is at too much of an angle. Have you checked that the blower is mounted correctly. I don't think mine runs at that much of an angle when the blower is lowered. Since your unit is new and installed by the dealer, I would go back to them and see if they can correct it. Also, ask your dealer to make a copy of the newsletter tips JD send out to their dealers last year. I would also be interested in what your dealer has to say. Also, I can maybe scan these documents if you can't get them. Let me know. Al
    1955 JD 70 1959 JD 830 2015 JD 6110R

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks

Dealer was great

Quote Originally Posted by AJB-830 View Post
    I also have a JD 44 blower on my 2013 X310. I have had lots of problems with the belt on mine to. Mine doesn't throw the belt off, but the belt wears out prematurely like in about 10 hours of use. JD is having problems with this blower and my local dealer gave me about 5 pages of "Tips" from JD to possibly fix the problem. I don't have them with me now as my manual is at my hobby farm. I kind of fixed mine by bending the bracket that holds one of sheave pulleys so it better lines up with the drive pulley on the engine. Looking at your video, it seems that when you drop the blower, it is at too much of an angle. Have you checked that the blower is mounted correctly. I don't think mine runs at that much of an angle when the blower is lowered. Since your unit is new and installed by the dealer, I would go back to them and see if they can correct it. Also, ask your dealer to make a copy of the newsletter tips JD send out to their dealers last year. I would also be interested in what your dealer has to say. Also, I can maybe scan these documents if you can't get them. Let me know. Al
    Thanks Al,

I took it back to the dealer and they offered great service. They looked at it and attempted repair the same day. They came to a similar conclusion re the plate that holds one of the pulleys requiring a bend to better line up with the drive shaft pulley. I brought it home and used it for 10 minutes before the belt came off again. The dealer is investigating for me now. I trust they will come up with a solution. I wonder if the blower unit I have is faulty and needs to be replaced? Or maybe it needs to be taken off and re installed with a new belt at a better angle? My concern is that its gets fixed temporarily an then I am stuck in the middle of a snowstorm after 10 hours or less.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    04-18-2019 @ 07:01 AM
    Thanks
    I realize you spent your hard earned money on this setup. After years of problems with belt driven blowers. I dug deep and bit the bullet and went to pto drive blowers. No more belt driven blowers for me. I'm not much help with your situation, but in my area when the snow needs to be be removed it's gotta work
    Current: 3320 HST cab with 59" front blower, Hydraulic chute deflector, Vertical Exhaust, Front Fenders,
    Grooved and loaded Front and Rear R-4's
    External Mirrors, Jensen Bluetooth Radio / Headset. Front Hydraulics
    Whelen warning lights, JD366 front blade
    Gone: X595 with heated cozy cab,stainless vertical exhaust

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast