How Do You Like your John Deere Dealer?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: How Do You Like your John Deere Dealer?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    07-20-2014 @ 08:57 PM
    Thanks

How Do You Like your John Deere Dealer?

As I get older and about seen it all, I'm getting paranoid in my old age and don't trust anyone
    to work on my equipment anymore.
    I feel sometimes the problem is lack of training or just don't care after the sale.

Not bashing John Deere service here, because I feel there's more good one then bad ones.

Do you feel confident in your John Deere dealer?
    arlen likes this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mikes720 For This Useful Post:

Johndeere3720 (05-03-2012)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    05-14-2019 @ 11:37 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mikes720 View Post
    As I get older and about seen it all, I'm getting paranoid in my old age and don't trust anyone
    to work on my equipment anymore.
    I feel sometimes the problem is lack of training or just don't care after the sale.

Not bashing John Deere service here, because I feel there's more good one then bad ones.

Do you feel confident in your John Deere dealer?
    There is a reason I do all my own wrenching now. Cost and quality!

My dealer has great parts guys though.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    1967 John Deere 110 (round fender) tiller & Model 80 Cart
    2010 John Deere 2305, 200cx loader and 62" MMM, 54" blower, I-Match

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:44 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks for starting this thread. I've been meaning to give my dealer some credit since I bought my 1026R.

I only shopped around my local area which has 2 JD dealers within 30 minutes. Luckily the closest dealer gave me the best deal and I've bought some various parts and supplies there in the past.

I did have a transmission leak with my new tractor, and they took care of it under warranty without any prodding by me. Pick-up and delivery was free of course. The sales manager actually called me several times and sent me emails giving me updates and on the status, and even sent me a list of parts they had to order to fix it. Though it took almost 4 weeks, they did a through job, and took care of the problem. They even gave me a tank of diesel when they were done. (side note they couldn't fill it before they returned it, but gave me 5 gallons the following week).

I had cracked my SMV triangle during one of my excursions into my woods. I didn't notice at first, but my dealer replaced the SMV while it was in for service. It was free of charge and he didn't even tell me about it until I asked 2 weeks later.

Whenever I visit, they all say hello, they know me by name, and they give me a preferred discount on all parts and accessories that I buy, JD, Stihl, etc.

I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is looking for a good power equipment dealer.

Since we're on the subject, my dealer is Adams Power Equipment in Poughkeepsie, New York. Ask for Joe in sales and Mike in service.

Do you think I like my JD dealer? I sure do
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomfive For This Useful Post:

dieselshadow (05-02-2012)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4

Last Online
    06-07-2012 @ 12:46 PM
    Thanks
    Well my john deere dealer in north haven, Ct likes to miss diagnose alot of problems and charge you extra hours! happened to me and some of my buddys. I brought my john deere 214 in because it was receiving no spark what so ever so i sent it in 89$ a hour for labor wasn't happy but had to be done cause i new absolutely nothing about horizontal engines so i brought it in 2 days later got a call saying it was the coil so i was like ok how much lady said 364$! and around 400$ with installation i was like no wayy thats atleast a 30min to a hour job and tried to charge me 200$ for a battery! i was like i didnt say to install a battery so the total was brought down to 164$ so i paid that got home installed the coil still no spark wtf? so i read up on these engines and there is a coil ,condensor and points so i was like im not going there again so i bought the points, gasket, and condensor for 20$ at the same dealer installed just the points and the new coil now it runs like a champ. So now i fix everything myself no matter how long it takes That john dealer is not touching my JD ever again. Its great to buys parts at but service sucks!

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:16 AM
    Thanks
    I like my dealer. I'm on first name basis with the lead sales guy and two of the parts guys. The sales guy calls me when he thinks that I would be interested in something that comes into their dealership and the parts guys are real friendly and treat you with respect. I haven't had any service done by them, so I can't rate that aspect. My dealer also has been bought up by a multi-dealership owner a few months back and with 7 dealerships they will move inventory around if you see something in one of their other stores that you're interested in.
    arlen likes this.

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    08-01-2019 @ 11:20 AM
    Thanks
    There is one dealer I know of/ go to that has three storefronts as you mught call them but one of them is in a location such that they only have 5000 series and up because a different entity does 4000 series and down. That one by far is the one I would trust the most however the local one which is growing and up to 7 locations has been very good and extremely fair on the price for what they did. No they never called me up and went around the tractor and discussed like I was lead to believe just called and said all done.

As far as the implements go, one bulk orders frontier stuff and 15 minutes sitting watching the salesman play with his mouse and computer will only be able to tell a price difference of a comparable deere product and the difference in time to get parts. We only have two and one I am pretty sure one is sold, next time over there there are at least 5 in a line. The other one the salesman gets sent to seminars and they have deere brochures.

Fran

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    06-24-2013 @ 11:25 AM
    Thanks
    I like my local guys. Where I try to go is a ma and pa shop, surrounded by multiple chains of JD dealers, so I'd like to see them do well. They are a small operation, though, and as with that like when servicing the 110, it can be time consuming. They are good people, though, so as long as their prices stay competitive, I will go there.
    2005 Deere 110 TLB - 3rd function loader, 3 rear remotes, thumb, top n tilt
    2000 Deere 5410 - 541 SL loader, 2 rear remotes, canopy
    2005 Deere Diesel HPX Gator - homemade cab, snow plow, hydraulic dump
    1953 Farmall Cub - front plow
    1984 Ford F8000 - Cat 3208 Diesel, 5+2 transmission, 8 yard dump
    2006 GMC 4500 Topkick Pickup outfitted by Monroe Truck

Everyone has a fair turn to be as great as he pleases - Jeremy Collier

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    10-06-2017 @ 11:32 AM
    Thanks
    I like my local Deere dealer. In fact I do everything to find an excuse to go down there and look at the shiny new tractors. Their parts network is great and the guys at the parts desk are pretty cool, always professional and good trust worthy guys that don't waste your time. I am also friends with the store manager and we often talk about the most recent Deere's to come out, lately the new Gators. As far as the guys in the shop, I'm not sure since i do all of my repair work myself, it both saves me $$$ and gives me an invaluable learning experience.
    2004 John Deere 317
    66" bucket, forks, imatch adapter plate, Bobcat 72" Landplane, 60" 4 in 1 tooth bucket
    2005 John Deere L118
    42" deck, bagger
    2004 Bobcat 430
    4 buckets, brush rake, ripper, concrete breaker

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Thanks
    Regarding my dealer:

Parts department.

Service department. Other than warranty work, I have no experience with them.

Sales department. Typical salesmen.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

14. Top | #10

Last Online
    11-30-2013 @ 07:29 PM
    Thanks
    Do all my own wrenching on all my vehicles. I'm a former pro motorcycle mechanic, so it comes pretty natural. Local dealer is great for sales and parts.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast