Best of Plans

Thread: Best of Plans

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-01-2013 @ 02:25 PM
    Thanks

Best of Plans

Well, I was planning on buying a used x720 using machinefinder and uship but my faithful old red snapper tractor died in the middle of mowing Friday night. I went to the JD dealer locally Saturday morning with not much hope of buying a new tractor but to show my wife the tractor that I hoped to get (she does alot of the mowing). The dealer didn't have one and in fact told us that they only sold three of them this year but had one at another location that he could get in a few days. I had him make me a formal proposal and I must admit I was very impressed. Turns out he doesn't have a 54 inch deck so he would have to order the entire unit from the factory taking about 10 days to arrive. I get a new tractor with 4 years of warrenty and no time on the clock for what I figure $1,300 more then a year old with low hours. Plus I get to use the low interest finances offered by JD. I am going in tomorrow and order it. Hope my lawn can wait 10 days because mowing it with a push mower isn't fun. Hopefully I also will have a good dealership in case I have any problems in the future.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:43 AM
    Thanks
    Congratulations. Can't beat a new tractor, and with 4 year warranty. A no-lose proposition.

As for uShip, I'm getting bids and now, and I'm not impressed on most of the prices I'm seeing for shipping. A couple are more reasonable, but I have to see if there are any reviews on these shippers.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    02-10-2014 @ 10:09 AM
    Thanks
    Congrates on ordering a New X720 ! You will really like the features and performances of the X700 series! They are a very nice tractor indeed. I have heard of a few comments on other boards of guys saying to stay away from anything below the 1 series because of the plastic hoods, but that is complete crap in my opnion as these X700 series are very nice machines and well built.

Jason B

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks. With the JD lineup, there is always something more or better. I am sure that a x320 would do me fine, and I was considering a x540 a big step up for me but really liked the x720 for a number of reasons, so I drank the kool-aid and jumped in. This is my first JD and looking forward to a long time working together. I have to admit that the dealership surprised me in that they were good to work with and were not pushy.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:43 AM
    Thanks
    I bought a new X320 back in '06. I would have liked to move up to the X500 series, or better yet, the X700 series, but the finances said no. I like my X320 and it's the best mower I ever owned, but it is just a lawn mower, while the X500 series and above can handle some ground engaging equipment. You will love that X720. It doesn't get any better than a X700 series in that genre.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Yes, I expect to really enjoy using this tractor. Only problem I have is that I have bragging to my brother for years about how good my snapper was and of course he brags about his JD. I have to tell him that my snapper broke and worse of all, I got a JD to replace it. I have to swallow my pride and listen to him go on. I got at least a week before I get the x720 and I plan on making him jealous.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    05-14-2019 @ 11:37 AM
    Thanks
    Just tell him you bought a JD so you could help him with questions when he needed it

The snapper is a classic and you are going to save it !!
    1967 John Deere 110 (round fender) tiller & Model 80 Cart
    2010 John Deere 2305, 200cx loader and 62" MMM, 54" blower, I-Match

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements