• 3 Post By xcopterdoc
  • 1 Post By jgayman

Thread: New X3 and X5 series.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Thanks

New X3 and X5 series.

Had the chance to see the tech manuals on the new X3 and X5 series. You guys/gals probably know better by now what models are replacing what.
    The X3 and X5 will have a digital dash. The instrument panel will include an ICC / ECU almost like the 1 Series. All safety switches and conditions are monitored by the ICC. Diagnostic codes are now a part of life. It will be a very basic system.
    Some added features are...
    A way to toggle the hour meter to read actual engine RPM's. The dash it self shows a bar graph RPM range only. The hour meter, when toggled, will read actual engine RPM.
    A "time out feature". After 30 minutes with the key left on and no one in the seat, the machine will go into a sleep mode. All lighting, back lighting of the dash and fuel solenoid, will be shut off. Cycle the key and you have full power again.
    Starter 'Crank time". After cranking for a total of 60 seconds, in 15 second increments, the unit will go into a starter cool down mode for 60 seconds.

Diagnose Switch Operations
    In diagnostic mode, it is possible to verify that the ICC is
    receiving certain switch signals.
    Enter machine diagnostic mode. (See Entering Diagnostic
    Mode.) CYCLE KEY SWITCH 3 TIMES AND LEAVE ON THE 3RD TIME> You are now in diag mode.
    NOTE: A lower numbered switch must be released
    before a higher number is displayed.
    Reverse Pedal
    Press the reverse pedal. The ICC displays “9000” on the
    LCD portion of the ICC and lights the red “Stop” indicator,
    to show that it is working.
    Brake Pedal
    Press the brake pedal. The ICC displays “9001”.
    Key Start
    Place the key switch into the start position. The ICC
    displays “9002” on the LCD portion of the ICC and lights
    the amber “Caution” indicator, to show that it is working.
    RIO Switch
    Press the RIO switch. The ICC displays “9003”.
    PTO Switch
    Pull the PTO switch up to the RIO position. The ICC
    displays “9004”.
    Seat Occupied
    With the seat occupied, the ICC displays “9005”.

This is just some generic stuff I picked up while reading during my "lunch" time.
    I kinda like the diag mode deal. It will test the wiring to and from the ICC and the switch itself. FYI, the z800 series and the z900 series have a diag mode too. Cycle key sw 3x, leave on the 3rd time. Now all those switches can be tested too.

As I find out new stuff I'll pass it along. I have not seen the new operator manuals yet. And have not seen a new X series in person. If anybody has any questions, fire away.
    mjncad, RandyM, Gizmo2 and 7 others like this.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xcopterdoc For This Useful Post:

ColonyPark (01-11-2016), dieselshadow (01-11-2016), JimR (01-11-2016), RandyM (01-19-2016)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 09:50 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xcopterdoc View Post
    You guys/gals probably know better by now what models are replacing what.
    Umm... Nope! Haven't heard anything about it until now.

Any/all info appreciated!
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Thanks
    The decks, or most of them, are a new deep design. They are flatter on top for ease of cleaning. Also the spindle covers are spring loaded to make cleaning under there easier. Decks will also have a Mulch On Demand dealer installed option. A lil handle on top of the deck is switched, and yur in mulch mode. Cant do it on the fly though.
    etcallhome, Gizmo2 and DRobinson like this.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xcopterdoc For This Useful Post:

ColonyPark (01-11-2016), JimR (01-11-2016)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4

Last Online
    08-20-2019 @ 09:09 AM
    Thanks
    Is the X590 not changing? I have the option of a used 2015 X590 or new 2016 X580.
    2015 1025R FILB, iMatch, 53" Bucket, 54D Mower Deck, 54" Snow Blower, Heavy Hitch Dual Suitcase Weight Bracket, Heavy Hitch Front Weight Bracket, EA 48" Plugger, Garber 48" 3 point Seeder, Kens bolt on hooks, CountyLine (Tarter Gate) 60" box blade, Kenda Terra Trac HDAP tires (front and rear), CozyCab Sunshade, TSC CountyLine (Tarter) 48" yellow rototiller, BXPanded 25 gallon 3PH sprayer.

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    07-30-2019 @ 05:29 PM
    Thanks
    I went to my local dealer to inquire about the 2016 X 530 and X580 . He could not even pull up info to give me a quote . It seemed like I was informing him about the changes to the machines instead of him informing me about them . I understand that it not a tens of thousands of dollars machine , but I would expect that they could at least give me a price . Anyone else have this type of experience ?
    Ron
    2016 1025R SILB (Self Installed Loader Backhoe)
    54 Autoconnect MMM
    JD Imatch
    Several homemade Mods
    Ken's bolt on grab hooks combo , Diff lock pedal , Oblong slings , Backhoe Steps
    Piranha tooth bar
    Artillian forks
    Armstong Ag 4' Box Blade
    Fimco 40 gal. 3 pt. sprayer
    Blue Hawk (?) Plug Aerator

2016 x580
    Power Flow 14 Bushel Bagger
    Brushguard
    Jeff's LED Taillights
    JD Mulch Kit
    42 Hyd. Tiller

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:28 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 1,173 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by romcjr View Post
    I went to my local dealer to inquire about the 2016 X 530 and X580 . He could not even pull up info to give me a quote . It seemed like I was informing him about the changes to the machines instead of him informing me about them . I understand that it not a tens of thousands of dollars machine , but I would expect that they could at least give me a price . Anyone else have this type of experience ?
    A similar thing happened when I bought my X500 in 2014. The dealer was unaware that there was a design change between 2013 and 2014 despite the fact that he had both models on display. It was fairly obvious given that one of the main things that changed was the hood design.
    Last edited by jgayman; 01-22-2016 at 07:12 AM.
    Levi likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,025 Times in 2,192 Posts
    If I remember this correctly - my dealer whom I was pretty close with used to attend a big Deere meeting every February in Florida where they would go over all the new equipment and updates for the upcoming year.

Your dealer may simply not have any new information yet.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

12. Top | #8

Last Online
    08-20-2019 @ 09:09 AM
    Thanks
    Both of my local dealers had prices and could order the X580.
    2015 1025R FILB, iMatch, 53" Bucket, 54D Mower Deck, 54" Snow Blower, Heavy Hitch Dual Suitcase Weight Bracket, Heavy Hitch Front Weight Bracket, EA 48" Plugger, Garber 48" 3 point Seeder, Kens bolt on hooks, CountyLine (Tarter Gate) 60" box blade, Kenda Terra Trac HDAP tires (front and rear), CozyCab Sunshade, TSC CountyLine (Tarter) 48" yellow rototiller, BXPanded 25 gallon 3PH sprayer.

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    07-30-2019 @ 05:29 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pilot-five View Post
    Both of my local dealers had prices and could order the X580.
    Thanks for the info . Maybe I'll take a trip to a not so local dealer and see if they are more informed .
    Ron
    2016 1025R SILB (Self Installed Loader Backhoe)
    54 Autoconnect MMM
    JD Imatch
    Several homemade Mods
    Ken's bolt on grab hooks combo , Diff lock pedal , Oblong slings , Backhoe Steps
    Piranha tooth bar
    Artillian forks
    Armstong Ag 4' Box Blade
    Fimco 40 gal. 3 pt. sprayer
    Blue Hawk (?) Plug Aerator

2016 x580
    Power Flow 14 Bushel Bagger
    Brushguard
    Jeff's LED Taillights
    JD Mulch Kit
    42 Hyd. Tiller

14. Top | #10

Last Online
    08-17-2019 @ 10:24 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info . Maybe I'll take a trip to a not so local dealer and see if they are more informed .
    Stopped by my local dealer Friday before last (15th) to pick a can of SeaFoam and as I walking out I noticed a X350 and X380 on the floor. Ended up talking to the salesman for a bit. He said they just got a truckload of them and he was still learning about them. The X380 is the replacement for what I have now- X320. Liked what I saw with a couple of exceptions. The new deeper mowing deck (the X350 had the current style) looks to be an improvement (mowing is the real test)- the new spindle covers are sweet and turn what was a pita job into a two minute one. The top of the deck is a lot flatter and should be less likely to be a catch all for clippings and easier to clean, too. Still using the K58 near as I could tell. The new controls (parking brake, pto, etc) felt better to these arthritic old paws than the ones on my X320. The big thing is the LCD panel. It was easy to read in the showroom ... bright sun will be the better test. Lack of a fuel gauge is one of my biggest beefs about my X320- call it Murphy's Law or whatever but it seems inevitable whenever you run out of gas, you are the farthest away from the garage and the fuel can and at the worst possible time (night, rapidly approaching thunderstorm). The LCD fixes that and then some ... having all that info (fuel, level, rpm, voltage etc.) in one place is welcome. Imho this is a huge improvement if JD did their homework and the LCD proves reliable. Fit and finish were impeccable- the folks at Horicon do a great job.

Two dislikes- 1. the holes behind the seat for the barrel holder are no more. I think some sprayers also use those holes too. Don't know the reason why nor did the salesman but having that 5 gal. pail behind the seat has proven really, really useful to me. 2. The new pedals (painted steel with rubber foot contact surface) look like cost cutting to me ... they look cheap compared to what they currently use.

Price went up $100 on the X380 ($4399- 48" deck) but fwiw JD is running a $300 off 2016 X300 and X500 series promo through Feb. 29.
    Last edited by jc21; 01-24-2016 at 04:52 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jc21 For This Useful Post:

T-Mo (01-25-2016)

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements