Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Looking at x7xx for 2016

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-08-2016 @ 09:05 AM
    Thanks

Looking at x7xx for 2016

Hi guys. I have spent sometime reading here and other forums about various subjects. Forums help with learning and I appreciate those that share their knowledge. Currently I have a 2006 x500 with 54" deck and about 600 hours. Our terrain is flat but very rough - mowing 6 acres that used to be a cut down. Through time I have made better and reseeded. The x500 has performed well even after my other half hit a stump and bent the deck within a week of getting the mower so it has not cut perfect since then. That along with a couple of other problems have me considering a replacement - looking at x730. I want hydraulics, bigger deck, and the ability to easily take deck off. I have been to several dealerships to look at a x7xx but nobody has one yet. I did get a quote on a 2016 730 and found out that one of the stores has a 2015 750 I can get for slightly less than the 730. It does have the 60"HC deck. I have searched used and saw a 750 with 300 hours for $9k. The new ones are $11k. I prefer new. Is this a good price for a 2015 750? I am looking to add bagger and have a JD820 with attachments for larger jobs so 3 pt hitch not needed. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    01-22-2018 @ 07:31 PM
    Thanks
    Since you have an 850 for larger work, have you ever considered a zero turn for mowing duties? It would cut your mowing time in half.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:18 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonton View Post
    Since you have an 850 for larger work, have you ever considered a zero turn for mowing duties? It would cut your mowing time in half.
    I would say the same thing but he said the yard is pretty rough. While he has made it better are there plans to improve it further or how rough is rough and how much better is it now? Unless he went with a Ferris the ZTR may be pretty hard on the body.

If it were me I would look for new over used. Mainly because when you say used you are looking at a 2015. That is barely used if that. While the new will be a little more, you can also get it with 0% financing. Might as well use their money. That is what I did with the Z950R. Plus the warranty will last longer. Unless they are willing to come down enough to make it worth while to use my money vs theirs, I would go new.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    07-30-2018 @ 08:52 AM
    Thanks
    Hello SandR

For the bagger, get the optional Click-N-Go Mounts right away from JD. They make installing and removing the hopper very easy. They also have compatible sprayers that hook up to those if yo ever choose to add that.

I sell a nice storage cart that will hold all the MCS parts when they are not in use. Take look and consider it.

Thanks and best of luck with the tractor shopping. My brother has the X730 AWS and it is a beautiful machine!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 014.jpg   043.jpg   click-n-go-cart-150x150.jpg  
    Levi and TJR345 like this.
    2007 JD 2520

62d Deck, 14 Bushel Material Collection System, I-Match Quickhitch, Independant Lift, 200cx Loader, 47" Front-Mount Snow Blower, 14k KW 3-point Genetaror, 60 Gallon 3-point Sprayer, 655 3-point tiller, 60" 3-point Blade

See how to connect your JD Material Collection System directly to the I-Match!!! Check this out! http://www.jamisonbryce.com/

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    I have tried a zero turn and it is tough - much tougher than my current 500. They are doing 0% plus an additional $500 off on a 2015. I am not sure if what they told me is a great price. In my reading it is hard to find many problems with the diesel which I prefer. I currently have areas that bog down the 500 so I hope the torque and HC deck help this problem. Thanks

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Thanks
    That seems like a pretty good price for the new 2015 750 if it includes the 0%.

When I was shopping for my X739 the best I could do was about 9% off MSRP which include the Deere cash back of about $500. I took the 0% also since it didn't cost me anything and paying cash wouldn't have got me a better price.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SandR View Post
    I have tried a zero turn and it is tough - much tougher than my current 500. They are doing 0% plus an additional $500 off on a 2015. I am not sure if what they told me is a great price. In my reading it is hard to find many problems with the diesel which I prefer. I currently have areas that bog down the 500 so I hope the torque and HC deck help this problem. Thanks
    Yeah if you could get the 0% on the 2015 I would look at that one pretty hard. When I read your first post, I took it as the 2015 was a used one and normally the 0% from JD Financial only applies to new machines unless there is something the dealer is doing. Maybe it is a demo. The Z950R I bought is a demo unit that they put 65hrs on last fall. Because there isn't an official program for that with JD it is sold as a new machine with 0 hrs. That is fine with me. There is no way I will go over the 1500 hrs in 3 years for the warranty. Not cutting my 2.5 acres.

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Sorry for the confusion on new and used. It is 0% on 2015 models and/or $500 off just not sure if you can do both but will try if I decide to purchase. I looked up the 2016 750 Msrp and the quote is about 14% off this price for the 2015 I am looking at. I was hoping for a deeper discount since the salesman said they need to get rid of the 2015 models. Thanks for the replies. If I go for it I know I will be satisfied.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SandR View Post
    Sorry for the confusion on new and used. It is 0% on 2015 models and/or $500 off just not sure if you can do both but will try if I decide to purchase. I looked up the 2016 750 Msrp and the quote is about 14% off this price for the 2015 I am looking at. I was hoping for a deeper discount since the salesman said they need to get rid of the 2015 models. Thanks for the replies. If I go for it I know I will be satisfied.
    No worries, keep in mind this is kind of like buying a car from the dealer. The dealer has his cost and is trying to keep some meat on the bone. Also another thing to consider, if you can find a dealer that moves more of a type of machine that you are interested in, the better they can deal. My cousin works for John Deere as a Store Manager. When I was buying my Z950R I called him up gave him all the option codes that I wanted and he worked up his best quote. I used that as a basis for negotiations with a dealer more local to me. Granted my cousin is only a couple hours away so if it was the better deal I would have gone with him. The thing is my cousin's dealership is in AG country so he sells combines and big tractors. Not so many Ztraks unless he is pretty much throwing one in for free on a big purchase from a farmer. The point he made with me is there are price breaks so the more units of a given category a dealer sells the cheaper he gets them from John Deere. The dealer where I bought my Ztrak sells mostly commercial mowers so he could be more competitive with the price. He had more meat on the bone as he sells close to 200 a year. Where my cousin's dealership might sell 2 or 3 a year. It also helped that I knew what invoice was on the machine but of course that was not the selling dealers invoice. So it was just a ball park to keep in my mind.

The point is, don't be afraid to shop around other dealers. All it takes is a phone call. Then you can use that as negotiating power with the dealer.

This isn't anything new or special to John Deere. Many dealerships, cars, trucks, mattresses, tools all work on a similar system. What we never know is at how many units sold do they get a price break. Could be 10 units could be 30. But the more they sell the higher the break that they get.

I think I went back and forth to the dealer 4-5 times before we finally agreed.
    Levi likes this.

JD X585, 54C deck,

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Thanks
    A lot of times the price is what it is.Where you can make your deal is on attachments.For example if you were getting a blower with the tractor see if they will throw in the tire chains or price break on weights and always never sign till you get them to throw in an extra set of blades (comes in handy) With 0% that's money in your pocket.
    Levi likes this.
    Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer