Could anyone measure an X300/X500 brush guard?

Thread: Could anyone measure an X300/X500 brush guard?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-21-2019 @ 10:04 PM
    Thanks

Could anyone measure an X300/X500 brush guard?

I wanted to see if I could mount my snowblower lights that I had on my old tractor to a brush guard, but would need to know the diameter of the top tube of the brush guard. It does not list any specs for it online. My lights have a clamp mount for a bar and previously fit the one I made for my Craftsman tractor. I stopped by my local dealer and they do not have a brush guard in stock for me to measure.

I figure that since the X500 brush guard is made to swing down (to open the hood) it might vibrate, in which case I would also have to figure out how to mount it tight enough to stop that.

Thank you.
    Last edited by RandyM; 02-05-2016 at 10:36 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    07-30-2019 @ 05:29 PM
    Thanks
    The brush guard on my X530 is apprx. 1" diameter .
    Let us know what you come up with .
    Ron
    2016 1025R SILB (Self Installed Loader Backhoe)
    54 Autoconnect MMM
    JD Imatch
    Several homemade Mods
    Ken's bolt on grab hooks combo , Diff lock pedal , Oblong slings , Backhoe Steps
    Piranha tooth bar
    Artillian forks
    Armstong Ag 4' Box Blade
    Fimco 40 gal. 3 pt. sprayer
    Blue Hawk (?) Plug Aerator

2016 x580
    Power Flow 14 Bushel Bagger
    Brushguard
    Jeff's LED Taillights
    JD Mulch Kit
    42 Hyd. Tiller

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    I use a bungee cord to keep it from moving. Both hooks go on the lock rod. Put it over enough grill to make it tight. Depending on the length of the cord.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thank you both. I have the guard on order and will post up pics when I get things installed.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Was thinking about putting lights on the top of the guard myself. Seeing my X540 has headlights but no reverse I'm starting in the back. That is if I ever get there.
    Was also thinking that lights mounted on top of the push bar may hit the plow or blower when you flip it forward to access the hood.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    The lights I got should work well. Just have to figure out where to mount the switch. I thought about getting another toolbox/cupholder and mounting the switch there. That way I can revert it if I sell it.

For rear lights would the lower bar of the Deere sunshade work? The photos seem to have it about middle of the seat height.
    2015 1025R FILB, iMatch, 53" Bucket, 54D Mower Deck, 54" Snow Blower, Heavy Hitch Dual Suitcase Weight Bracket, Heavy Hitch Front Weight Bracket, EA 48" Plugger, Garber 48" 3 point Seeder, Kens bolt on hooks, CountyLine (Tarter Gate) 60" box blade, Kenda Terra Trac HDAP tires (front and rear), CozyCab Sunshade, TSC CountyLine (Tarter) 48" yellow rototiller, BXPanded 25 gallon 3PH sprayer.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pilot-five View Post
    The lights I got should work well. Just have to figure out where to mount the switch. I thought about getting another toolbox/cupholder and mounting the switch there. That way I can revert it if I sell it.

For rear lights would the lower bar of the Deere sunshade work? The photos seem to have it about middle of the seat height.
    Not sure about mounting them to the sun shade because I don't have one. Come to think of it I never even seen one except pics. Simplicity makes a reverse light that mounts to the back of the grab handle on either side of the seat. Think it's for the Legacy XL models. Was thinking it may work on my X540.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements